What's new

RazoRock Natural Boar Brush With Cherry Wood 506 Handle

Does anyone have any feedback on the "RazoRock Natural Boar Bristle Shaving Brush - With Cherry Wood 506 Handle" sold by ItalianBarber here? I'm thinking of picking one up. I noticed user @Klinker mentioned getting one here but never found any feedback posted and the forum says I can't directly message him.

I currently have an Omega Jade boar that a lot of people around here seem to like but the loft is pretty short so it's a little firmer than I prefer. I noticed this RazoRock looks to have a much longer loft so seems like it might work out better.

It's made by Zenith. The bristles are very good quality and behave pretty much like a Zenith brush, except yhe loft on this one is a bit longer and makes it a wee bit floppy.

I also own the omega jade and understand what you feel about it's knot.

The RR is not as dense and not stiff. It's maybe on thr opposite side of the spectrum of the Omega jade and will fulfil what you find lacking.

Last edited:
Looks nice.
Dare I say it looks like Zenith, which is a very respected name in (boar) brushes?

The wooden brush handle does not seem to be painted, which is a good thing as the paint on brush handles has a tendency to flake off. I have also learnt to appreciate the metal ring (Semogue) which keeps the knot tied together,

That looks like an attractive brush and if it is indeed made by Zenith it should be a brush that gives you years of good service.

B.

I don't have that brush, but I am pretty sure that it is a brush that Zenith makes for RazoRock. If so, then I can say that I have a Zenith boar brush that is the best boar brush that I've used (out of about half a dozen). I have not used the Omega Jade boar, but I just checked on Connaught and it is a 27mm knot set at a loft of 52mm. The RazoRock you are considering is set to a much higher loft, as it is a 26mm knot set at a loft of 64mm. I think that while it will certainly be less firm than the Omega, it might be too much loft and you might find it too floppy. I would recommend something in-between. You might take a look at yourshaving.com or thegentleshave.com. They both have Zenith brushes with olivewood handles that fall in between the very short lofted Omega Jade and the very tall lofted RazoRock brush. Take a look at the 507U SE at Yourshaving (27mm knot with 56mm loft) or the B15 at thegentleshave (27.5mm knot with 57mm loft).

One other concerns is: how well broken in is your Omega Jade? Boar brushes often have long break-in periods and can be uncomfortably stiff until they have been fully broken in. Some folks have posted about methods to dramatically shorten that break in periond, but I have always just used the brush, or at least lathered it on my hand, until it started to soften up.

Good luck!

Does anyone have any feedback on the "RazoRock Natural Boar Bristle Shaving Brush - With Cherry Wood 506 Handle" sold by ItalianBarber here? I'm thinking of picking one up. I noticed user @Klinker mentioned getting one here but never found any feedback posted and the forum says I can't directly message him.

I currently have an Omega Jade boar that a lot of people around here seem to like but the loft is pretty short so it's a little firmer than I prefer. I noticed this RazoRock looks to have a much longer loft so seems like it might work out better.
I don't own one. Here is all the feedback you need: Well, This Is Disappointing...

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I just noticed that brush as the metal ring around it. I wonder would it be more sturdy or is it merely cosmetic.

I just noticed that brush as the metal ring around it. I wonder would it be more sturdy or is it merely cosmetic.
I think if the metal ring were removed somehow, the brush would have less backbone splay a tiny bit more. I'm not sure if it would be enough to really notice it in use however.

Wood will crack if not treated properly. Boar bristles will swell when wet. Put these two together and you have a cracked and unusable shaving brush. In my uneducated opinion.

Top Bottom