What's new

Razorock Mudder Focker (any other favorite Razorock offerings?)

Has anyone else come to enjoy this soap as much as I have? This was my first of a few Razorock soaps that I have purchased and have used this a few times and am thoroughly impressed with the scent, performance, and post shave conditioning of this stuff.

I know part of the ingredients are a specific type of mud/clay, and maybe this has something to do with the overall good feel of this stuff, but I think it is a great soap.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this soap and your other favorite Razorock soaps based primarily off of their scent.

I bought the soap and matching aftershave but I wasn't crazy about the scent. Luckily my brother really liked it so I was able to pass it on to him and he's been enjoying it ever since. It definitely has great post shave properties.

Of the Razorock soaps I've tried XXX scent is by far my favourite, I particularly enjoy using it in the warmer weather. I'd never smelled Acqua di Parma Colonia which it is modeled after and it sent me down another rabbit hole. I've bought the genuine cologne and will be looking for other soap maker's renditions of the AdP scent once my XXX soap is finished. The Razorock soap is a great value for the price and I'm sure I'll get more in the future.

I really like the scent of RR Tuscan Oud. The performance is acceptable, but I usually use it together with a top tier unscented for the best of both worlds!
I also keep an old tub of RR/Captains Choice Bay Rum and a Dead Sea which I enjoy occasionally.

I really like the scent of RR Tuscan Oud. The performance is acceptable, but I usually use it together with a top tier unscented for the best of both worlds!
I also keep an old tub of RR/Captains Choice Bay Rum and a Dead Sea which I enjoy occasionally.
I have seen some say the Tuscan Oud is amazing also, I ordered a tub of the Dead Sea, as it is half price right now, so I am excited to get that here soon.

I was never able to get good performance from razorock soaps. Mudder Focker was pretty decent, and also XXX (tallow formula) was okay, but the scent on XXX is awesome. Another favorite scent of mine is Zi Peppino, a nice tobacco flower scent. Their aftershave splashes on the other hand are great. They have some great scents and most of them last a ling while.

I bought the soap and matching aftershave but I wasn't crazy about the scent. Luckily my brother really liked it so I was able to pass it on to him and he's been enjoying it ever since. It definitely has great post shave properties.

Of the Razorock soaps I've tried XXX scent is by far my favourite, I particularly enjoy using it in the warmer weather. I'd never smelled Acqua di Parma Colonia which it is modeled after and it sent me down another rabbit hole. I've bought the genuine cologne and will be looking for other soap maker's renditions of the AdP scent once my XXX soap is finished. The Razorock soap is a great value for the price and I'm sure I'll get more in the future.

Stirling Piacenza is another clone. I love it.

The MF soap is good, and the scent is ok, but the Aftershave is where MF really shines! I think the scetn of the aftershave is so much better thna the scent of the soap. And it's one of the few aftershaves that last literally all day long on me. It lasts longer than most of my colognes. I have about 4 bottles in reserve, because I love it so much.

Mudder Focker was one of my first soaps and it's still a favorite as is XXX. I have the new tallow Acqua which I recently got on sale. Inbound I have Santa Maria del Fiore,8.5oz for 12.99 and RR tallow Alchemy at 3.99 as Italian Barber is having a weekly moving sale. I have 8 RR soaps and they all lather right up and give me excellent shaves.
I like going down the rabbit hole of soaps but when I can get great shaves from a tub of $4 tallow soap it makes it harder to pay 20$ plus for the latest and greatest.

IMO the Dead Sea base is probably the best thing I've ever seen out of Razorock. SMdF and the new unlabeled soap are pretty good as well. Never tried Mudder Focker, and I'm not buying any more soaps until I 3017 something.

Mudder Focker is my favorite soap/aftershave and scent. Granted, there are better performers out there but overall this is my favorite. I also like Sicily and Black Bay. The What the Puck line is good also.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I like MF a lot, but also the Gold. It has a nice refreshing clean floral scent...best I can describe anyway. A great way to kick off the morning.

I love their Puros offering also, I am a sucker for great tobacco/cigar scented soaps, and it is definitely a unique scent, true to the humidor/cigar-tobacco leaf scent, it is so good, I have the Puros aftershave on the way in mail, so excited to try that out to.

The Dead Sea is one of the best, I'd say. SMDF is a nice one. I would wait for a sale (like they are having now :devil:).

For hot weather, the Don Marco with added menthol crystals in interesting.

Have not tried the hard pucks yet. Have to finish some other soaps first.

IMO the Dead Sea base is probably the best thing I've ever seen out of Razorock. SMdF and the new unlabeled soap are pretty good as well.
You're just the person I've been waiting for to ask a question. RR claims their Unscented has a very subtle scent. I don't like subtle scents. How is the scent strength compared to SMdF (which I do have).

BTW despite the juvenile name, the scent of Mudder Focker is intoxicating, and it seems to perform a bit better than their regular soaps because of the added Fuller's Earth. Try it when you make some room.

Top Bottom