What's new

Razorock Mudder Focker (any other favorite Razorock offerings?)

You're just the person I've been waiting for to ask a question. RR claims their Unscented has a very subtle scent. I don't like subtle scents. How is the scent strength compared to SMdF (which I do have).

SMdF seems to have a stronger scent, although some of that might be the menthol (which the unlabled soap doesn't have). The unlabeled aftershave is definitely more strongly scented, and seems to stick around for most of the day.

SMdF seems to have a stronger scent, although some of that might be the menthol (which the unlabled soap doesn't have). The unlabeled aftershave is definitely more strongly scented, and seems to stick around for most of the day.
Great info - thanks. BTW menthol has almost no scent. It's the camphor (like Vick's Vapo-Rub) that you're probably smelling.

Has anyone else come to enjoy this soap as much as I have? This was my first of a few Razorock soaps that I have purchased and have used this a few times and am thoroughly impressed with the scent, performance, and post shave conditioning of this stuff.

I know part of the ingredients are a specific type of mud/clay, and maybe this has something to do with the overall good feel of this stuff, but I think it is a great soap.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this soap and your other favorite Razorock soaps based primarily off of their scent.

My wife got me some as a stocking stuffer a few years back and I loved it. I’d been straight shaving for a few years but never was interested in boutique soaps until mudder focker came into my life.

Now she’s upset about my soaps filling a bathroom drawer, but she started it.

My wife got me some as a stocking stuffer a few years back and I loved it. I’d been straight shaving for a few years but never was interested in boutique soaps until mudder focker came into my life.

Now she’s upset about my soaps filling a bathroom drawer, but she started it.
I know what you mean, it can get out of hand pretty quick. After a while of just purchasing a bunch of soaps, I actually think it has helped me center in on and develop a niche for only acquiring certain types of scents, such as tobacco centered scents, which are my favorite. So I like to try varieties of certain scents in that are advertised in that same profile.

Man, the other thing is, it isn't cheap purchasing blindly, only to find out that you aren't big on a soap that you bought, and maybe don't like it at all, that has happened to me several times.

I know what you mean, it can get out of hand pretty quick. After a while of just purchasing a bunch of soaps, I actually think it has helped me center in on and develop a niche for only acquiring certain types of scents, such as tobacco centered scents, which are my favorite. So I like to try varieties of certain scents in that are advertised in that same profile.

Man, the other thing is, it isn't cheap purchasing blindly, only to find out that you aren't big on a soap that you bought, and maybe don't like it at all, that has happened to me several times.

Yeah these days my method of staying out of trouble is samples and let the wife smell first. She’s really into some of the Murphy&Mcneil scents right now.

The only brand that is exempt from testing and I’ll always buy blindly is Grooming Dept.

If I like a scent and my wife does not we just do not hug as much that day. Just careful not to go 2 days in a row with the same scent.

I enjoy many of the RR soaps and splashes especially XXX. Italian barber has a great sale on soaps many for less than $5.

I have used the following, and I'm a pretty big fan , more then likely I'm going to always have some form of Razorock product in my rotation. I was eye balling a few actually, but I like to use what I have first and then buy replacements as I burn through them.

American Barber soap and aftershave
Amici aftershave
Lavender soap and aftershave
What the Puck Blue aftershave

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock has some great soaps and my favorites are:
Razorock Lavender- I just love this- it is my first soap tub to be spent and have bought 2 more tubs to use up.Great scent and lather qualities.
Razorock "The Dead Sea" -the scent is very unique and has good lather qualities that we expect. Aftershave is excellent. Recent purchase.
Razorock Santa Maria Del Flore Firenze - excellent scent and some of the best lather qualities I have ever used.Recent purchase.
Razorock XXX- Great lather qualities with a freshness scent and the aftershave is even better.

Have some great shaves!

SMdF is a very pleasant fragrance. I bought it blindly while on sale recently and I have to say the performance is among the best I have had from RR. The scent is not quite what I expected and not something that I am drawn to for a daily shave this time of year. However, it is a scent that I look forward to using when the mood hits me, as it is a great scent and now that I have the SMdF splash, I’m anticipating the times I do choose this for SOTD.

I have Acqua (tallow) and Don Marco (non tallow). Like them both. As mentioned, Italian Barber is having a moving sale and I just purchased 5 different RazoRock tubs. Each was just $2.99.

I have Acqua (tallow) and Don Marco (non tallow). Like them both. As mentioned, Italian Barber is having a moving sale and I just purchased 5 different RazoRock tubs. Each was just $2.99.

I picked up a good haul during that sale a few weeks back. Looks to be over since then. Everything is back to full price now. Of the variety I picked up, I’m favoring the tallow soaps more. But the Don Marco has such a unique scent I find myself revisiting it a bit more often.

Love MF’s performance and scent. Another favorite is P.160 even thou I am not the biggest fan of the scent, but the performance is fantastic.

Top Bottom