What's new

Razorock MJ-90 Stainless DE89 variant

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Anyone check this one out yet? The Razorock MJ-90 CNC Milled DE89 derived razor? They released a batch of these yesterday so I ordered one. I love a lot of the RR razors. They are fun to shave with, and they are reasonably priced (most of the time). This one is under 40 bucks. So its easy to get a bunch of RR razors in the arsenal. I have all the good ones. Wunderbar, Black Mamba, Baby Smooth... the list goes on and on. I am also a very huge fan of the DE89 razors. I love them! So this is a win-win for me if it works. I have been eagerly awaiting its release. I havent been this excited about a new razor in a while. I did a vigorous search on here and couldnt find one mention of this.

This is Joe's photo from the IB site.

"aircraft aluminum block for the head and titanium rod for the handle"
proxy.php

I would be very interested in your impressions once you receive it. Seems that it came out around the same time as the Ti Baby Smooth and everyone went in a frenzy for that and so the MJ-90 is still available. I like the fact that he is doing things to actually improve the head as the 89s (no matter who you get them from) was a stable head but not great in any attribute. It was often cloned by the low price no name razor makers and so sometimes there were real problems with alignment and blade gap, etc. Still, I just was interested if RR improvements actually made it a better shaver.

For me, I got to save funds for the re-release of the Mamba.

I was considering one of these but I have to be honest I hate when the head is a different color than the handle. I know some people like this but my OCD kicks in and it bugs me.

I was considering one of these but I have to be honest I hate when the head is a different color than the handle. I know some people like this but my OCD kicks in and it bugs me.

+1 on that statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
For me, I got to save funds for the re-release of the Mamba.

I already have a Black Mamba. So the jury is still out about me ordering a new one. And I have a Baby Smooth and it simply falls out of the bottom of the list when compared to many other Razorock razors, so the new Ti version was not an attract to me. I am a big DE89 fan, and was eagerly awaiting this one.

I can see your point. I think it looks cool. But if I dont dig the color combo, I have plenty of black handle options on hand. My bigger concern is the Titanium and Aluminum build. I am a fan of somewhat heavier razors. And this razor may prove to be quite light. So I may change up the handle anyway.

As a DE89 fan, I am also awaiting patiently awaiting the delivery of a Muhle Rocca that I ordered way back in January. The Rocca is a stainless steel rework of the DE89 head design, also with some improvements, etc. They were initially released in a test batch in February, and something was wrong with them. They were reportedly super rough shavers. So they went back and retooled the whole thing, and are due to be released any day now. I have high hope for the Rocca.

I already have a Black Mamba. So the jury is still out about me ordering a new one. And I have a Baby Smooth and it simply falls out of the bottom of the list when compared to many other Razorock razors, so the new Ti version was not an attract to me. I am a big DE89 fan, and was eagerly awaiting this one.

I was not one of the lucky few that got a Black Mamba when it came out, however I did get an Oristo which depending on which rumor you listen to, it was supposed to be a spot on clone of the Mamba. It turned out to be my best DE shaver and so I am thinking that the real Mamba could only be better or the same (which isn't a bad thing).

The original DE89 is still a great razor so this new offering is pretty exciting.

I have an original Black Mamba from 2015 and it's a nice razor. I do though get a better shave with a shim in the Baby Smooth.

I received my razor today with a bunch of stuff from Italian Barber and Ali Express (Ming Shi 2000s). Can't wait to shave!

Let us know what you think about the two razors and the soap!

I got the following from Italian Barber yesterday
2017-05-28 14-19-19 8550c5fd.jpeg

I tried Tuscan Oud and Ming Shi today and I liked them both. I did find the Ming Shi a little bulky but I think I'll get used to it

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I received my razor toady with a bunch of stuff from Italian Barber. Great minds think alike. I put a Ming Shi 2000s in my cart too! This MJ-90 is a work of art. I cant wait to shave with it.

I also just realized I put the word "stainless" in the title of this thread. I know the razor is aluminum, the handle is titanium, and said so in the body of the initial post. D'oh.

2017-05-30 15.45.53.jpg

2017-05-30 15.46.03.jpg

2017-05-30 15.46.10.jpg

Top Bottom