What's new

Razorock Mamba - what to expect?

I see that Razorock is gearing up to release a stainless Mamba soon. While the Italian Barber site goes quite in depth about the machining and finishing process, I'm not really seeing much regarding what type of shave we can expect. Aggressive? Mild? Somewhere in between? Where does it fall in the spectrum of the RazoRock DE?

A query probably best posed to Italian Barber directly, but since we have threads on other recently released Razorock safety razors MJ90, Babysmooth, thought I'd open up some discussion on this one as well, hoping to get some actual usage insight.

Assuming (dangerous thing to do) it is the same architecture as the previously released Black Mamba, can gents whom own one comment on their experience with the kind of shave the Mamba gives? Comparisons to similar performing razors?

Ok, so I sent a query to Italian Barber, and the reply came back quickly and as such:

"The geometry of the new Mamba is the same as the old one, but we've made some changes to the aesthetics of the design which are an improvement, it's thinner and easier to maneuver.

I would say it's a medium aggressive shaver, similar to the Baby Smooth but with a different geometry. "

Seeing how I quite like the Baby Smooth, I suppose the new Mamba is going to be officially on my radar now.

I don't have the original Mamba, but own an Oristo, which many (including Joe) said it was a very good clone. This is a razor that is deceptive because it shaves mild, but is EXTREMELY efficient. The Oristo is one of the few razors in my rotation that can do a one pass plus touch up to get a DFS. The Mamba is on my radar now because I want to compare the two.

I'm very curious to compare how the Mamba shaves in comparison to my Ti Baby Smooth. From the sounds of it, it should be a great razor. I really hope I'm around when they get released so I can grab one... I expect them to sell out within minutes like all their other razors. :)

I'm very curious to compare how the Mamba shaves in comparison to my Ti Baby Smooth. From the sounds of it, it should be a great razor. I really hope I'm around when they get released so I can grab one... I expect them to sell out within minutes like all their other razors. :)
He is getting 1200 ready for the first shipment so it should last an hour. ;-)

We are working very hard so we can get to 1200 razors for the initial release.

The price is going to be VERY compelling and the goal is to shake-up the DE safety razor market with the value it offers, similar to what Weber did about 4-5 years ago. The difference being the price will be even better and the Mamba will be machined from solid billet 316L stainless steel.

The price is going to be VERY compelling and the goal is to shake-up the DE safety razor market with the value it offers, similar to what Weber did about 4-5 years ago. The difference being the price will be even better and the Mamba will be machined from solid billet 316L stainless steel.
Any chance the price will be what is currently on the web site? ;-)

RR is quickly becoming my favorite razor company. This is some great work!

I don't have the original Mamba, but own an Oristo, which many (including Joe) said it was a very good clone. This is a razor that is deceptive because it shaves mild, but is EXTREMELY efficient. The Oristo is one of the few razors in my rotation that can do a one pass plus touch up to get a DFS. The Mamba is on my radar now because I want to compare the two.
I second this. I found my Oristo Sheen extremely effective, especially with Feather blades.

I think Oristo is what pushed Razorock to re-release Mamba. And it is good :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the new release will decrease the trade value of the Black Mamba?
I hope so! I see all these folks trying to make a large profit off the Black Mamba because it was out of production. Still, I think folks will look at the Black Mamba as a limited production razor and will pay for that. I think the Mamba will take the folks that wanted the Black Mamba to shave with.

Top Bottom