What's new

Razorock Mamba Love

I prefer mild razors. My favorites are the old Gillette tech, the Karve with a B plate, and the Feather as d2. My favorite by a small margin had been the Feather.

I was trying not to buy another razor but RAD kicked in and I purchased a razorock mamba recently. All I can say is wow. For me it's equal to the feather as d2. Just a very smooth and efficient razor. And beautiful to boot. The halo handle is very unique looking and I don't find it slippery at all as some have.

How they can offer a stainless razor like that for 50 bucks is beyond me. It has to be the best bargain in DE razors for those that prefer a mild razor. And I'm not sure there's a better mild razor out there period.

Hopefully I can avoid any new razors for a while and I really need to thin the herd. But the Mamba is a keeper for sure.

For those of us that like mild razors the Mamba is a fantastic razor and also fantastic value. I also own a Timeless 0.68 which is far, far more expensive - it's a beautiful work of art but for me personally the Mamba gives more comfortable shaves.

After seeing this thread earlier today, I shaved with my Mamba for the first time in awhile, as lately I’ve been really into its slightly more efficient/aggressive sibling, the Gamechanger.

But I had a great shave with it (and a new GSB). Awhile ago I was thinking I’d sell it, but after using it again today I’m definitely going to keep it. Nice daily driver—really easy on the face.

I shaved with my Mamba again this morning for the first time in a week or so. After 100+ shaves, I feel like I'm really starting to get the hang of it. It's joining the permanent collection along with my RR TeckII, Fatip Grande, R41, and RR Game Changer. The rest of my razors are just collecting dust at this point...

I seriously love ultra mild razors and Mamba is very good value. I have noticed that it is better to use ultra mild razors for longer time because if you jump between ultra mild razors you probably have the angle slightly wrong the first shave.

I haven’t tried the mamba yet as I’m on a sabbatical, but I also appreciate mild razors. It’s nice to see a thread extorting their virtues. Often times on these forums people are overly enthusiastic about aggressive and efficient razors. When schedule permits I like to get a CCS every day. I can only do that with a mild razor like a Tech. I can get bbs with a little more effort, but mostly go for CCS. Aggressive razors are fine and have their place, but I cannot use them every day.

Glad to hear the mamba is a worthy contender. I am going to try one next year. RR is coming out with some very nice and reasonably priced tools. Good on them.

I like the mamba but it is too mild for me. Its smooth but a lot of work for me to get a decent shave. I would say it is as efficient as it is aggressive. Ymmv but it's a razor I wanted to love but couldn't

I like the mamba but it is too mild for me. Its smooth but a lot of work for me to get a decent shave. I would say it is as efficient as it is aggressive. Ymmv but it's a razor I wanted to love but couldn't
Because of the neutral blade exposure it is only efficient when held at a perfect angle. It takes some shaves to learn this angle, after this you get a near BBS in two passes. When it comes to ulta mild one has to focus a longer time on one single razor to fully acquire the skills in shaving with it. Even though I have learned to shave with ultra mild (something I have not always been able to do), I have a slight difficult to jump from one ultra mild to another as it takes some time to readjust for another ultra mild.

Even with the YMMV factor, I almost bet you would get good shaves out of the Mamba with a 30 days focus on just this razor.

I currently have a Rockwell 6c, but am considering the Mamba. Is it a better shave? I have some very sensitive skin along with very course red hair.

The Rockwell is good, but I'm having a time trying to get that great shave. I still get cuts with a bic or feather on a 5 or y plate. If I use the 3 or 4 it doesn't seem to cut well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

M

Member 113878

Does it cut well or just seems not to?
With a very efficient head like the Fatip Testina Gentile, you barely feel anything at all, but it cuts well.

With a lower setting (3, let's say) I feel it and it's not great. My hair is very thick and wirey.

With a higher gap (let's say a 5) it's smoother but I cut myself a few times... Because of the very sensitive skin.

I'd been using Cremo to help this, however, it's so thick that it gunks up the razor no matter the setting. Bought KMF, but it's nowhere near as cushioning.

Maybe there's some technique I need to better hone? I just assumed I didn't have the right razor for me.

With a lower setting (3, let's say) I feel it and it's not great. My hair is very thick and wirey.

With a higher gap (let's say a 5) it's smoother but I cut myself a few times... Because of the very sensitive skin.

I'd been using Cremo to help this, however, it's so thick that it gunks up the razor no matter the setting. Bought KMF, but it's nowhere near as cushioning.

Maybe there's some technique I need to better hone? I just assumed I didn't have the right razor for me.

I’ve never tried a bic, but personally, I find it’s easy to nick yourself with a Feather on plate 4 and above. Have you tried a different blade? I get really smooth bloodless shaves on plate 4 with an Astra green and GSBs. And they cut tough whiskers pretty well. Worth a try, if you haven’t already.

I still have a trial pack I bought some time ago... There is definitely an Astra in there. I'll give it a shot next time. For my next shave, Astra on plate 4 it is.

I think in the end it's going to be a lot of trial and error, as well as working on my technique each time.

Thanks! [emoji846]
I’ve never tried a bic, but personally, I find it’s easy to nick yourself with a Feather on plate 4 and above. Have you tried a different blade? I get really smooth bloodless shaves on plate 4 with an Astra green and GSBs. And they cut tough whiskers pretty well. Worth a try, if you haven’t already.

I shaved with my Mamba again this morning for the first time in a week or so. After 100+ shaves, I feel like I'm really starting to get the hang of it. It's joining the permanent collection along with my RR TeckII, Fatip Grande, R41, and RR Game Changer. The rest of my razors are just collecting dust at this point...
Hi Dovo..so after 100 plus shaves you got this razor nailed. I tried all angles and riding the cap but still leaving behind stubble. HELP!!

Top Bottom