What's new

Razorock Mamba 70

This razor seems to have fallen from grace here. I received one as a PIF on here
and my first shave wasn't that great. The second shave was much better .I
think the problem is technique . The razor seems to require a pretty tight
shallow angle to work at its best. I and probably many others aren't used to that.
Even with my second shave I had to constantly tell myself to adjust the angle.
It is especially hard to do shaving with the grain because there is next to no
feedback that the razor is cutting

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This razor seems to have fallen from grace here. I received one as a PIF on here
and my first shave wasn't that great. The second shave was much better .I
think the problem is technique . The razor seems to require a pretty tight
shallow angle to work at its best. I and probably many others aren't used to that.
Even with my second shave I had to constantly tell myself to adjust the angle.
It is especially hard to do shaving with the grain because there is next to no
feedback that the razor is cutting
I got this photo of a Mamba .53 some where on this B&B when we where comparing blade exposures(blade feel) with my RR Lupo.72 and so I altered it a little with the lines to kind of show the blade exposure.
It indicates a narrow sweet spot all right, the Mamba .53 will be not much different in safety bar design and blade exposure as the Mamba .70 IMO.
Because of the large curved design of the head riding the bar or the cap would be hard to judge what position you are in, Curved heads almost make a person go to Steep(riding the bar.) I would also use a short handle to maintain the position near the end of your stroke on the lower part of the neck I'm thinking because of the narrow sweet spot I'm thinking to maintain when pulling out.
( Old archived photo from 2021-22 ? )
Mamba .53 razor (2) blade expousure.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I just got a 70 from a member. It was a smooth, effortless shave. DFS++ or BBS-, if you will? I’m hoping someone sells one of the other plates soon.

Top Bottom