What's new

RazoRock Mamba 0.70: audible feedback?

Hi gentlemen,

I currently own a Rockwell 6s and a RazoRock Game Changer. So far, I like the Game Changer better. I want to keep my collection small and useful, so I'm thinking about selling the Rockwell for another RazoRock stainless razor. I like mild razors, so I'm looking at the Mamba. One thing I really prefer and want of my razors, is audible feedback. The Mamba isn't very good in that aspect, I have read and heard a lot.

I wanted to know if someone knows if the new 0.70 Mamba does have audible feedback just like the Game Changer?

Thanks!

Hi gentlemen,

I currently own a Rockwell 6s and a RazoRock Game Changer. So far, I like the Game Changer better. I want to keep my collection small and useful, so I'm thinking about selling the Rockwell for another RazoRock stainless razor. I like mild razors, so I'm looking at the Mamba. One thing I really prefer and want of my razors, is audible feedback. The Mamba isn't very good in that aspect, I have read and heard a lot.

I wanted to know if someone knows if the new 0.70 Mamba does have audible feedback just like the Game Changer?

Thanks!

The Mamba is yet to be released.

On a side note, if you like audible feedback on razors try a vintage Gem Micromatic razor. You'll get plenty feedback !

Nobody will be able to tell you, the new Mama hasn't been released yet. But I wouldn't count on a lot of audible feedback.

In the case of the Mamba, audible feedback is generally less than on other razors, but if you don't get any at all, the razor isn't cutting...so part of getting the Mamba dialed in is to turn off all noise and concentrate on finding the angle where the Mamba cuts efficiently.

Many people report the Mamba not cutting at all, and I would be willing to bet they have too steep an angle and get no audible feedback.

The Mamba has a similar head geometry as the Fatips...so a shallow angle is usually a good starting point to get audible feedback and a good shave.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mine is on its way, but if the original Mamba and other razors that have excellent mechanical grounding between the blade and head are any indication, it'll be fairly quiet.

What is the expectation with this baseplate tweek? are we hoping for a subtle increase in blade feel and a hint of aggression, or is it likely to be a "FaTip lite"?

I'm seriously bummed that the two-piece stainless Halo handle is gone, that was much more to my taste than the heavier SS handles or the much lighter/longer Ti Halo :(

I wonder if there's a chance that RR would ever make drilled versions of their regular SS handles to reduce overall weight without changing external dimensions?

First shave impressions: in answer to the OP, the "70" base plate does seem to give louder audible feedback than the original Mamba, it also has significantly more blade feel and isn't quite as forgiving of full speed ATG attacks.

So far, the net for me is *different* not better or worse, I think it's going to take a few more shaves to know for sure.

Okay, great! Thanks for getting back to my question! Do you happen to own a Game Changer? I contemplate about selling the Rockwell 6s for a regular or 70 Mamba, because I like the finish (polished) and the ease of cleanability on the RazoRocks better.

I have a GC .68, overall I enjoy it more than the Mamba, but it's not because it yields a closer shave... each has its own strengths and no blatant failings, so I'd say it's more that the GC works better with my existing technique than the Mamba does.

i haven't used a Rockwell yet, so I can't comment on how they compare.

Top Bottom