What's new

RazoRock Lupo

If you look at IBs website they say the .58 was supposed to be the equivalent for the aluminum version.

"People have been asking for a Stainless Steel Lupo which is closer to our Lupo Aluminum in Efficiency and Aggression and milder than the Lupo 72 so we have added the Lupo 58"

I went through all the safety bar plates last week starting with the 58. They all shave really well including the 58, it's mild but shaves close. The shave doesn't last as long for me as the higher 95. Also I personally find the 58 the smoothest of the bunch, followed by the 95 then the 72.
I can't compare to the aluminum since I don't have that one.
from all what i have read, i also think the 58. is the closest thing to the original. i can not really understand why Razorock did not include the original measurements with a gap of 62. i think, to the new line of Lupos though, which also looks a lot better. but this is just a personal opinion.

I was still hopeful that Razorock offered a Lupo in 1.05 / 1.10 / 1.15 gaps at some point but it’s been over 2-3 years since the original Lupo SS and seems they are offering milder versions than the original .72/.95 DC plate.

I have the Lupo AL and the Lupo 95 SB and I love both of them! The 95 is as one would expect more efficient and aggressive than the Lupo AL but not excessively so. I really enjoy the differences between the razors and I am able to get excellent, super comfortable shaves from either one. I tend to lean towards the Lupo AL as more of a daily shaver and the Lupo 95 when I have multiple days of beard growth but both can be used interchangeably for daily shaving or mowing through multiple days of growth. It is interesting to me that despite significantly different weights of these razors they both seem very intuitive for me to use. The only noticeable slight discomfort I have had with the Lupo 95 was daily shaving using Feather blades and that was only very minor and quickly dissipated.

I’m in the Netherlands so I usually calculate in my head some 21% extra VAT if the webshop doesn’t specify the composition of their prices.
Plus one on the dont brother importing it. It's not just tax that gets added but also handling fees.

I found this tax and import fee calculator through Karve's website.
Might be worth Calculating exactly what it would cost you. For product description use this HS-code: "Razor and parts - 8212.10.0000"

Plus one on the dont brother importing it. It's not just tax that gets added but also handling fees.
Easiest and budget friendly way is through Rasoigoodfellas during Black Friday. At 65% of the regular price they come in the 70-90 range which is more doable if you really want one. And Belgium has free shipping from xx euro upwards.

But I think Gifts & Care have regular sales as well.

Guido

Easiest and budget friendly way is through Rasoigoodfellas during Black Friday. At 65% of the regular price they come in the 70-90 range which is more doable if you really want one. And Belgium has free shipping from xx euro upwards.

But I think Gifts & Care have regular sales as well.

Guido
in the end, i ordered the lupo .58 for 110 euros from rasoigoodfellas, didn't want to wait for a sale. thanks again for the advice, Guido. all of them are sold out on there now by the way. i don't know if the price gap would had been that big though if i had ordered directly from canada.. i think rasoigoodfellas added all the taxes and import costs in to the 110 euro price tag anyway if you consider how much the lupo costs in northern america. shipping was free though and i'm satisfied with the purchase. it shaves like the aluminium lupo with the only differences being the added weight and the feel of steel instead of alu on your face.

Excellent @Deutschland! And I actually think you are better off. I received a package last year of say $40 and needed to pay $18 or so on import fees and taxes, which I happily did, but the ratio is what matters here. So with shipping and so on (which are subject to the same taxes and fees) you looking at the same and potentially more.

Enjoy your shave!
Guido

Top Bottom