What's new

RazoRock Lupo

Hey there and a happy new year to all of you. i have a rather simple question, i LOVE the AL Lupo and think it shaves even better than my Mühle Rocca R94 and R41. for me, it is the one and only from the capabilities it delivers. at this point, i'm ready for any costs that may occur in the process from ordering it out of germany, directly from canada (probably up to 100 euros). i want the SS version of this particular razor so painfully, you wouldn't believe it. are there any experienced veterans of the AL version, who are in possession of both, the AL and SS version(s) who can point me to the right version of the SS Lupo? i'm considering for days by now, going back and forth about the 58. and 72. but from what i have read online, none of them is exactly the same as the AL which is a exact copy of the Wolfman WR1 61. in terms of blade gap.

i have already screwed a RazoRock bulldog handle to the head of the AL Lupo, but the balance does not feel quite right in my opinion. not to mention the looks of a glittering SS handle and a rather dull looking alu-head. any opinion on the right head of the SS bunch, which feels exactly the same as the AL head? i can not believe that RR truly has published a stainless steel version without again, replicating the exact measures of the Wolfman which was the idol for the whole Lupo project in the first place.

I wish I could answer this for you, but I've never used the AL Lupo. If you are a well seasoned shaver and know what you like (a mild razor) then I would get the .58. But if you are relatively new and your skills still need to be honed. I would get the .72. Personally, I consider the .72 Open Comb a relatively mild but efficient razor (I've never used the .72SB). Also, take into account that the SS Lupo will be a much heavier razor than the AL -- most of that weight will be in the handle. And Razorock doesn't sell a super light SS handle. Their lightest SS handle, the two-piece halo, is 60g. And you would have to buy that particular handle separately. Even at that weight it would probably be a completely different shaving experience than the AL.

i always thought i like aggressive razors till i tried the lupo. i have used a merkur 34c only for a few month's before changing over to the mühle r41, which i have used for years by now before getting the r94 which i rate highly, one year ago. the original lupo al changed my way of acknowledging DE razors as a whole though... it shaves, like it is from another planet. it literally shaves like the 500 dollar razor it was build after, at least i presume so. too smooth while being super efficient.. it is out of this world.

I only have the Aluminium Lupo, I haven't tried the rest. I have no problem with aluminium razors in general (I love my aluminium Ikon Tek, which is proudly wearing the Lupo handle!), but the Lupo doesn't suit me at all. It's nicely made, like all RazorRocks, but I find it too mild for my liking.

If the Al Lupo head does suit you though, have you considered just putting a nice titanium handle on it? Maybe a Timeless Ti Crown or even RazoRock's own Halo?

I only have the Aluminium Lupo, I haven't tried the rest. I have no problem with aluminium razors in general (I love my aluminium Ikon Tek, which is proudly wearing the Lupo handle!), but the Lupo doesn't suit me at all. It's nicely made, like all RazorRocks, but I find it too mild for my liking.

If the Al Lupo head does suit you though, have you considered just putting a nice titanium handle on it? Maybe a Timeless Ti Crown or even RazoRock's own Halo?
i guess i want a SS head that goes along with the handle for balance and all since the RazoRock handles are all pretty heavy and not hollow like the ones from mühle, who does that because of balance reasons by the way and not to spare material/money. i will purchase either the 58. or the 72. with a titanium halo handle which is a bit lighter than their SS handles either way. i'm just a bit unsure which of those two are closer to the original Lupo. again, i think it is a shame that RazoRock did not thought of a 61. version when they produced their current SS Lupos.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I love the 0.58 SS Lupo. It's fantastic for me. I prefer mild to moderate razors, generally, and this one is just about perfect.

Although I have never tried the aluminum Lupo, I do have the 0.61 Wolfman. The 0.58 Lupo and the 0.61
Wolfman shave almost identically. I even did four side-by-side shaves comparing the two razors to make sure I wasn't fooling myself. In the side-by-side, I virtually couldn't tell them apart.

So if you want the Lupo that is most like the 0.61 Wolfman, you should get the 0.58 since it is almost a carbon copy.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I love the 0.58 SS Lupo. It's fantastic for me. I prefer mild to moderate razors, generally, and this one is just about perfect.

Although I have never tried the aluminum Lupo, I do have the 0.61 Wolfman. The 0.58 Lupo and the 0.61
Wolfman shave almost identically. I even did four side-by-side shaves comparing the two razors to make sure I wasn't fooling myself. In the side-by-side, I virtually couldn't tell them apart.

So if you want the Lupo that is most like the 0.61 Wolfman, you should get the 0.58 since it is almost a carbon copy.
thank you, that was helpful.

i have used a merkur 34c only for a few month's before changing over to the mühle r41, which i have used for years by now before getting the r94 which i rate highly, one year ago.

I'm curious? I have a 34c a DE89 and a few others. I purchased the R41 head and it has been my main razor. I also acquired a SS Rocca, which I am very impressed with. The shave from the Rocca is so smooth and almost as close as the R41.

Unlike some others, I have no issues with the R41 and can easily shave with it on a daily basis.

I had thought that the Game Changer was kind of the SS star from the Razorock stable? Though I have been hearing quite a bit of buzz lately about the Lupo.

Exactly what is this razor? And what sets it apart from the SS Game Changer?

Same question about the Lupo vs. the R41 and the Rocca?

By the way @Deutschland , you don’t have to get them all the way from the US or Canada. Rasoigoodfellas and Gifts & Care carry them for the EU. There may be others too. Still the same price point you have in mind unless you are willing to wait for Black Friday.

Guido

The head on the Lupo covers the blade tabs , but shaving width is the same as the blade, while the GC head is as wide as the blade tabs.

Attachments

• 20221113_210756.jpg
    20221113_210756.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 69
I'm curious? I have a 34c a DE89 and a few others. I purchased the R41 head and it has been my main razor. I also acquired a SS Rocca, which I am very impressed with. The shave from the Rocca is so smooth and almost as close as the R41.

Unlike some others, I have no issues with the R41 and can easily shave with it on a daily basis.

I had thought that the Game Changer was kind of the SS star from the Razorock stable? Though I have been hearing quite a bit of buzz lately about the Lupo.

Exactly what is this razor? And what sets it apart from the SS Game Changer?

Same question about the Lupo vs. the R41 and the Rocca?
The SS Lupo is a Wolfman WR-1 copy. Both razors are thin, nimble, and have positive blade exposure.

Differences between the Lupo and the Wolfman are that the Wolfman has a traditional shape whereas the Lupo has indentations that allow closer shaving under the nostrils. The blade tabs are completely covered with the Lupo but there is a tiny bit of overhang with the Wolfman. The finish of the Wolfman is superior because they are either perfectly blasted (for the matte) or painstakingly hand-polished (for both the basic polish and the mirror finish). Even the basic polish is a superb finish. The Lupo is essentially a machined finish.

Both, in my opinion, are superb shavers. They are both substantially different from the Game Changer and other similar razors.

In the Wolfman models, the blade exposure jumps up significantly when you move from the 0.61 to the 0.74 model. If you like a lot of blade feel, the 0.74 or a larger gap might just be your thing. I prefer not to have a lot of blade feel, and I shave four days a week, so the smaller gap pleases me more.

I don't know whether the Lupo 0.72 is essentially the same as the Wolfman 0.74 (having never tried the Lupo 0.72), but I do know that, for me at least, the Lupo 0.58 shaves just like the Wolfman 0.61.

By the way @Deutschland , you don’t have to get them all the way from the US or Canada. Rasoigoodfellas and Gifts & Care carry them for the EU. There may be others too. Still the same price point you have in mind unless you are willing to wait for Black Friday.

Guido
thank you for the advice. i just checked how much they charge for the SS Lupo at rasoigoodfellas, 110 euros. i think it will be cheaper if i just order directly from italian barber, where they sell it for 70 dollars plus around 25 dollars for shipping costs.

thank you for the advice. i just checked how much they charge for the SS Lupo at rasoigoodfellas, 110 euros. i think it will be cheaper if i just order directly from italian barber, where they sell it for 70 dollars plus around 25 dollars for shipping costs.
It could, but do be aware of import duties and taxes into the EU when you purchase online (that’s what ordinarily makes them so expensive here). I’m in the Netherlands so I usually calculate in my head some 21% extra VAT if the webshop doesn’t specify the composition of their prices.

And if you do not incur extra charges, let me know! 😄

Guido

If you look at IBs website they say the .58 was supposed to be the equivalent for the aluminum version.

"People have been asking for a Stainless Steel Lupo which is closer to our Lupo Aluminum in Efficiency and Aggression and milder than the Lupo 72 so we have added the Lupo 58"

I went through all the safety bar plates last week starting with the 58. They all shave really well including the 58, it's mild but shaves close. The shave doesn't last as long for me as the higher 95. Also I personally find the 58 the smoothest of the bunch, followed by the 95 then the 72.
I can't compare to the aluminum since I don't have that one.

Top Bottom