What's new

Razorock Lupo

Hello all , I am curious about your thoughts on the razorock Lupo. I have not tried it and am interested in it.. I understand its loosely based on the wolfman razor which I have also never tried , is that correct ?? Thank you in advance for any responses....

Grate razor. I think most of your questions will be answered in this thread:

I acquired the 95 and 72 on BST. I did not want to like it, but I must admit it is an excellent razor. Very smooth, comfortable, and efficient. They both feel the same to me, but I prefer the efficiency of the 95.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
For me...it's a phenomenal razor. I prefer the .72 to the .95, but can use both with relative ease. I have both the WR1 and the WR2 Wolfman razors. If I'm not mistaken, the Lupo is based on the WR1 head. Comparing it to the Wolfman WR1, for the price point it's at, it's awfully good. The Wolfman will give you a closer shave, but the Lupo will also give you a good shave, not quite as close, but pretty darn good.

You can buy a WR1 head for $250 or a Lupo head for $40. The Wolfman WR1 that I have is a .74 gap...it's slightly too aggressive for me. I would have been better off with the next gap down. But the Lupo .72 is perfect for me. I alternate between the Lupo .72 and my Wolfman WR2 1.15 razor. For me these two razors are very comfortable and provide wonderful results.

The .72 is one of my tops. Really nice razor, just enough blade feel to know that it's working. I mean to try the .95 when I find a good enough deal (and haven't made too many recent purchases).

There's also a Lupo Al (aluminum) -- anodized machined aluminum, less aggressive than the Lupo 72 (stainless steel). I bought one on spec, and it's very nice.

It's really light -- "no pressure" doesn't work well, when the razor head (with blade) weighs 11 grams. But the blade feel is very good, to make up for that.

Your friends won't be impressed, but your face might be happy.

. charles

Any Lupo is well worth it and if anyone is remotely interested in one, they should not hesitate.

Not only are they well priced for a CNC machined 316 stainless steel razor. They are among the best razors that I have tried.

You are correct that the original Lupo is based on the Wolfman WR1 (Lupo is Italian for wolf) just like the Game Changer is based off the Wolfman Guerrilla. The newer generation Lupo has evolved into something different now and looks very unique. With different lather channels, guard length along with a top cap that follows the shorter guard profile (still has similar blade geometry however)

Best of all if it isn't for you. They are easy to sell on BST.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really enjoy my Lupo.72 2nd Generation. Folks compare it to the Wolfman WR1 but I do not see the similarities with the 2nd generation Lupo's. The Lupo.72 or .95 has well designed clamping with cut out corners that are really nice for under the nose with less foot print to reach those stubborn hairs. There also is no blade tab overhang and the shave is a nice mid range razor IMO.
I own 3 different stainless steel RR razors and this Lupo is my favorite #1 IMO.
Some old archived photo's from a few months ago.
Razorock Lupo .72 VS Wolfman WR1.jpg
HDFNWJz.jpg

Lupo collage #3.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
It's alright, didn't see much improvement from the GC .84 sb. The head is definitely slimmer and more aesthetically pleasing but that's about it for me. Slightly more efficient but still not as efficient as my .84 Jaws.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hello all , I am curious about your thoughts on the razorock Lupo. I have not tried it and am interested in it.. I understand its loosely based on the wolfman razor which I have also never tried , is that correct ?? Thank you in advance for any responses....
Without knowing a bit about you, all anyone can do is tell you what works for them. Might not work for you. ;)

How would you describe your beard (coarse, thick, fine, sparse, etc)?

How would you describe your skin (sensitive, average, leather, etc)?

How fast does your beard grow? How often do you want to shave?

How much are you willing to spend on your razor?

Be happy to make some recommendations based on your needs. :)

I have the aluminum - its one of the most unique feeling razors I've ever used. I am note really sure how to describe it except it feels like an SE to me.

Top Bottom