What's new

Razorock Lupo, your thoughts and opinions on this de razor?

Hey so the de razor the razorock lupo, your thoughts and opinions on this de razor?

Seems like highly rated razor but don't know much about it

I seen it on Amazon as I've got a gift card to use but can't tell the difference between the two in terms of blade gap but going off the reviews both seem like the aluminium

RAZOROCK Lupo Safety Razor Satin Silver 100 g https://amzn.eu/d/04WrYc0

RAZOROCK Lupo Safety Razor Black 70 g https://amzn.eu/d/cDrxcfb

If the links don't work search Amazon UK and you'll find two

Iridian

Cool and slimy
The aluminum Lupo and the stainless steel Lupos are quite different. They have different gaps and also a different head design. Geometry, not sure, seems largely identical.

The weight difference and the high weight cannot be explained; it is likely a mistake by Amazon or whoever put the razors up there for sale. There is also a yellow/bronze color aluminum version. Razorock gives the weight as 1oz, roughly 28g only.

Before others go into the intricate details, you should just get the Lupo .95 OC or the Lupo DC. I suggest the Super Knurl handle. :)

I love the Lupo, but I’m a daily shaver who prefers a milder shave. I typically use the Lupo with the .58 base plate, but also occasionally use the .72 plate. The .95 would be too much for me.

It’s a nimble razor and very easy to move around your face. The head design also makes it easy to get in under your nose - something a lot of DEs don’t do particularly well.

But the agression on the Lupo varies quite a bit depending on the baseplate you select.

The aluminum Lupo only has one option I think, but I haven’t used it so can’t comment on that one.

Reactions: saj
Read here for a start. Or, just click on the search topic tab and type in Lupo. You’ll find plenty of threads on this razor.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Those are both photos of aluminum Lupo DE razors. Both weight about 28 grams. Your back and shoulders should be safe during head shaving with either. With greater availability, covered tabs, and less of a bend in the blade, they could be alternatives for your Merkur 45.

the aluminum lupo and the stainless lupo .58 are mild but highly effective razors that shave exactly equal besides the differences in weight and material. can't say anything about the stainless .72 or .95, or the dlc lupo though. check out the aluminum version first, if you are interested in the lupo series.

the aluminum lupo and the stainless lupo .58 are mild but highly effective razors that shave exactly equal besides the differences in weight and material. can't say anything about the stainless .72 or .95, or the dlc lupo though. check out the aluminum version first, if you are interested in the lupo series.

I'm surprised you say the aluminum Lupo and the .58 "shave exactly equal".

I have the stainless steel Lupo in .58, .72, and DC (.72OC and .95) as well as the aluminum Lupo. I find the aluminum Lupo to shave quite differently from the .58 stainless steel Lupo. I know Razorock shows them together on their aggressive scale but I find them to be two different razors that are no more the same than any two other DE razors.

I have the stainless steel Lupo in .58, .72, and DC (.72OC and .95) as well as the aluminum Lupo. I find the aluminum Lupo to shave quite differently from the .58 stainless steel Lupo. I know Razorock shows them together on their aggressive scale but I find them to be two different razors that are no more the same than any two other DE razors.
in my opinion, they shave exactly the same and only differ in face feel. quite a bit though. stainless steel naturally, feels different than aluminum and thus can give you a completely different picture in face feel. also, the top cap of the aluminum lupo has "sharper" edges compared to the more rounded edges of the stainless steel top-caps. this, is a bad photograph but i think, you can see the difference with your bare eye.
20230125_223238.jpg

The aluminum Lupo and the stainless steel Lupos are quite different. They have different gaps and also a different head design. Geometry, not sure, seems largely identical.

The weight difference and the high weight cannot be explained; it is likely a mistake by Amazon or whoever put the razors up there for sale. There is also a yellow/bronze color aluminum version. Razorock gives the weight as 1oz, roughly 28g only.

Before others go into the intricate details, you should just get the Lupo .95 OC or the Lupo DC. I suggest the Super Knurl handle. :)
How can you tell the blade gap on the lupo you have? Is there like a sign or indicator on the razor itself?

I love the Lupo, but I’m a daily shaver who prefers a milder shave. I typically use the Lupo with the .58 base plate, but also occasionally use the .72 plate. The .95 would be too much for me.

It’s a nimble razor and very easy to move around your face. The head design also makes it easy to get in under your nose - something a lot of DEs don’t do particularly well.

But the agression on the Lupo varies quite a bit depending on the baseplate you select.

The aluminum Lupo only has one option I think, but I haven’t used it so can’t comment on that one.
Hiw can you tell which blade gap lupo you've got?

Those are both photos of aluminum Lupo DE razors. Both weight about 28 grams. Your back and shoulders should be safe during head shaving with either. With greater availability, covered tabs, and less of a bend in the blade, they could be alternatives for your Merkur 45.
Yea the merkur 45 is exactly what I thought if when I read the reviews and watched vids about the lupo and was surprised to see many prefer the aluminium over the SS

To clarify tabs are covered with the lupo right?

That image is the Aluminum Lupo but the weight given....not sure.

I weighed my Lupo al and got the following:
Head 9.4g Hndl 21.8g tot 31.2g

I find it to be a very nice razor.
Thanks for sharing that info appreciate it

To clarify is the aluminium only available in that blade gap? Sorry I'm confused now lol

Out of the alu v SS lupos which is more aggressive to you would you say?

To clarify is the aluminium only available in that blade gap? Sorry I'm confused now lol
Yea the Aluminum version is just what it is.
The stainless has different baseplates. I only have the Aluminum so can't comment on how they compare.

@saj look at the Italian Barber website or the Razorock website for more accurate stats and pictures of all Razorock razors. Don't trust what Amazon puts up.

Then for opinions and advice, B&B is great. If you want to talk Lupos, I think there is also a Lupo club in that forum, the Pack or something?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
How can you tell the blade gap on the lupo you have? Is there like a sign or indicator on the razor itself?
The model name is on the baseplate like Razorock Lupo 72 e.g..
That's for the stainless steel models. Don't know for the aluminum ones. These are milder, only the lowest gap SS plate is similar. The DC is a dual comb .95 SB / .72 OC side Lupo.

Top Bottom