What's new

Razorock - Lupo? Game Changer? Other?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, March 10th 2022

Razor: Razorock.84 Game changer-Mfg 2018> excellent tame mid range, well built with excellent QC, fairly smooth, I enjoy using a extra wide Kai blade in this razor to knock it up a notch in efficentcy. Wonderful shave with this combo.
Blade : Kai SS (6) excellent wider blade than a standard Astra SP, sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Excellent blade instead of shimming a razor. Wider by 9/1000 of a inch or 4.5/1000 per side.
Soap: Tabac- nice mild flowery scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26mm synthetic
[IMG]
,excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub +excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =
[IMG]
excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS blade.
SOTD March 10 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I recently purchased the Lupo 95 and GameChanger 84 open comb and have shaved a few times with each. The Lupo 95 is a very close shaver but I feel like I'm scraping my face and I get irritated if I shave daily with it, unless I ride the cap but why do that since I want the closeness?

The GC 84OC is a little closer shave than the GC84SB. I don't perceive any additional lubrication from using the open comb versus the safety bar, I think that's a urban legend/placebo effect.

To simplify my life, I should probably buy the Lupo 72 and decide if I want to go GameChanger or Lupo and sell the other set. As of right now, the GameChanger 84-SB is nearly perfect for me...close, efficient, not scary, etc.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday. July16th 2022

Razor : Razorock game changer.84- Mfg 2018> excellent tame mid range, well constructed of 316 SS, machining QC top notch with a nice shave handling, excellent results paired with a Extra wide Kai SS blade drives it up notch in performance, audio feedback is awesome with this blade(sizzling sound of whiskers getting sliced).
Blade : Kai SS (2) extra wide compared to the standard Gillette Astra blade by 9/1000 of a inch or 4.5/1000 per side for that extra efficentcy and blade feel I enjoy using a steep angle, very nice razor with excellent results. Great for those mild razors you have that do not get used as much.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer, nice mid range scent with excellent lather qualities:001_wub:, designed for Yaqi by Master soap creations SA.
Brush : Yaqi Robin 24mm boar bristle brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi musketeer AS:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD July 16 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Henson's entire design philosophy would disagree with that, heh.
I just wondered what one is actually riding with the Henson. It's more the barI would say, but actually it is more about limiting and controlling the shaving angle.

Both a blessing and a curse of the design.

I just wondered what one is actually riding with the Henson. It's more the barI would say, but actually it is more about limiting and controlling the shaving angle.

Both a blessing and a curse of the design.

You can ride either the blade or the cap, as with any razor, but they are designed with very minimal blade exposure, or presenting less blade to the face.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I suppose, as time goes on, RR will eventually offer a .72 OC instead of just SB or the dual option. Based on B&B, the .95OC is becoming very popular.

I had a heck of a shave yesterday evening with the Lupo .95 OC. This morning I had very light stubble and the shadow was lightly viewable. Did I really, really need to shave? Yes, I’ve got to much soap and need to run through it. But, I didn’t need to go with any of the Lupo offerings that I have and the GC .84 I think would have done a real nice job. Yet, I wanted something that was utterly smooth and yet good enough for a nice single ATG pass and maybe light buffing. Yep, the .70 Mamba out from the shadows of razor tool purgatory. Smooth, mild and still a nicely efficient easy to get shaver. Not everyone’s cup of tea but, I can appreciate what it brings and with a Feather, it’s a player. Went with all Razorock minus the eau de toilette.

Great shaves to all….

1FF28CAF-EC5E-42F3-AF6C-FAA251E81396.jpeg

Top Bottom