What's new

RazoRock Lupo Club - The Pack

If your happy with your Lupo.95 OC not sure why you would want the .72 OC, the .72 OC will be slightly less aggressive than your .95 OC. The blade exposure (blade feel)difference between the Lupo Straight bar .72 & .95 is very minimal, like 1/1000 of inch from my observation with USB Microscope photo's IMO.
I may not get it. TBH, after this evening's simple shave I can't justify getting any other razor. I'm perfectly happy with what I have. With regards to blade feel, I think I got more blade feel with the GC .84 SB. But that blade feel was new to me. Now that I'm accustomed to it. I don't feel the blade at all. All I get is smoothness. Perhaps one day I'll get a Kai blade and see if I can get that feel again. And yes, I read all the other Lupo threads and saw your closeup photos and your Kai recommendation. :) Those were great threads.

Since receiving the OC last week I haven't used my SB. I plan to revisit it soon just to see if I learned something from using the OC. The SB is a great razor too. But I was blown away by how smooth the OC is.
I really need to try the OC. I really like my Lupo, but every other razor in my Den is an OC (.84 Gamechanger, Charcoal Goods, Gillette SC&LC,etc).

I think open combs work better with my face and technique since I still think I get a slightly better shave from the GC. The Lupo is still outstanding but I may have to trade my SB plate for a OC to push it over the top. Sounds like that’s the way to go.

I really need to try the OC. I really like my Lupo, but every other razor in my Den is an OC (.84 Gamechanger, Charcoal Goods, Gillette SC&LC,etc).

I think open combs work better with my face and technique since I still think I get a slightly better shave from the GC. The Lupo is still outstanding but I may have to trade my SB plate for a OC to push it over the top. Sounds like that’s the way to go.
To me the shave is very smooth and I can get to BBS with two passes and very minor cleanup. But having said that, while I don't usually get irritation, I do get weepers. I have to take care while shaving. This may be because I'm not a seasoned shaver. A seasoned shaver can supposedly use a mild razor and get BBS. I can't. Basically, what I'm saying is don't dump the SB until you're comfortable using the OC. I have the SB and have no intention of selling it. I intend to use the SB soon just to see if I've learned anything from using the OC. From what I've read on the forums, the seasoned shavers that acquired the SB when it first came out don't find a huge difference between the two. To add, once I quit shaving haphazardly with the .95 OC and began to carefully adjust the angle I've been rewarded with amazing efficiency (perhaps the reason for the weepers). This is what I need to test using the SB. I don't want to oversell the OC.

I just got done using the Lupo .95 SB. I wasn't going to shave this evening but couldn't help myself. And I did something different -- I did a two pass shave with the old classic Noxzema cream. The shave felt like I was on autopilot ... I couldn't do anything wrong. I may have spent a little bit longer on the trouble areas on my neck than I do with the OC, but it felt good. The shave resulted BBS with no weepers or irritation. Maybe the OC is a hair bit smoother but the SB felt a bit more easy to use. What a wonderful shave.

I have a question. Would it be possible to get a better shave with a Lupo .72 for example than with my Rockwell 6C (i use plate 4). With better i mean just as smooth (or smoother) and just as effective (or more effective).
I think i read the Lupo is a copy of the famous Wolfman razor and if that one is so fantastic, it could be possible.

Would it make sense for me as a Rockwell 6C owner to expect something clearly better than my Rockwell?

Just for info, i prefer either the Rapira Platinum Lux or the Derby Premium blades in my Rockwell 6C.

I have a question. Would it be possible to get a better shave with a Lupo .72 for example than with my Rockwell 6C (i use plate 4). With better i mean just as smooth (or smoother) and just as effective (or more effective).
I think i read the Lupo is a copy of the famous Wolfman razor and if that one is so fantastic, it could be possible.

Would it make sense for me as a Rockwell 6C owner to expect something clearly better than my Rockwell?

Just for info, i prefer either the Rapira Platinum Lux or the Derby Premium blades in my Rockwell 6C.
Clearly better?... I don't know. I've never used the .72. I went from mainly using plate '5' on the 6s and could easily jump to plate '3' or '6' with no problem. I rarely used plate '4.' If memory serves, my last shave with plate '4' wasn't that great ... either the angle was a little different than the other plates or the blade was at its end of life.

My experience -- I went from the 6s to the Game Changer .84 SB and it felt like a step down from plate '5' to like a '3.' But the GC was more enjoyable to use and more efficient -- much more autopilot. But I wanted even more efficiency than the .84 SB. So I jumped to the Lupo .95 SB. My guess is the .72 will be easier to use and a little more efficient. But I really don't know. Hopefully someone will chime in with more direct experience.

One other note -- the lighter head weight of the GC and the Lupo stood out to me as more enjoyable than the 6s. It made the razor more maneuverable.

Been using Lupo .72 for several months now and stopped using GC .68. It was too mild and recently received. 84 oc for GC . Like the shave but not significantly better than Lupo .72, and not as maneuverable around my goatie. Used GC today and Lupo around goatie, at least I will get some use out if the GC but the Lupo will be my daily razor.

Been using Lupo .72 for several months now and stopped using GC .68. It was too mild and recently received. 84 oc for GC . Like the shave but not significantly better than Lupo .72, and not as maneuverable around my goatie. Used GC today and Lupo around goatie, at least I will get some use out if the GC but the Lupo will be my daily razor.

Just curious -- was your GC .68 the P or OC?

The GC .68p was my first se razor and a great starting point. Don't regret having it ,but once I received my Lupo .72 there was just no use for it. Hence the .84 oc.

Reactions: OB1
Over 3 years ago I ordered a GC 84 JAWS and aside from a handful of times it has been my go to razor for my face. A couple weeks ago, I was bored. I like the ritual of shaving (as most of us do or we wouldn't be on a board about shaving, huh). I really haven't even looked around for anything new over the last three years. I have a great razor, I have enough blades to last two lifetimes, so many soaps (which I even make myself as well as purchase), and brushes... oh my! So I decided to venture into boar brushes (that's a whole different topic there) and pick up a SS Lupo 95 OC. It gets here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a new adventure in my morning ritual. Wish me luck. I have styptic pencil on standby...

Over 3 years ago I ordered a GC 84 JAWS and aside from a handful of times it has been my go to razor for my face. A couple weeks ago, I was bored. I like the ritual of shaving (as most of us do or we wouldn't be on a board about shaving, huh). I really haven't even looked around for anything new over the last three years. I have a great razor, I have enough blades to last two lifetimes, so many soaps (which I even make myself as well as purchase), and brushes... oh my! So I decided to venture into boar brushes (that's a whole different topic there) and pick up a SS Lupo 95 OC. It gets here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a new adventure in my morning ritual. Wish me luck. I have styptic pencil on standby...
Considering you're using the JAWS, you'll probably really enjoy the 95OC. Yesterday I used my GC .84SB and had a great three pass shave. I think using the .95 Lupo SB and OC has really helped my technique dealing with my facial growth with minimal strokes.

Considering you're using the JAWS, you'll probably really enjoy the 95OC. Yesterday I used my GC .84SB and had a great three pass shave. I think using the .95 Lupo SB and OC has really helped my technique dealing with my facial growth with minimal strokes.
I never had any luck with the 84 SB. I had to take too many passes to get a reasonable shave I found it to be too uncomfortable. On my head though, I always get a good shave with it.

I never had any luck with the 84 SB. I had to take too many passes to get a reasonable shave I found it to be too uncomfortable. On my head though, I always get a good shave with it.
The inefficiency of the .84 SB was the reason I got the Lupo. And the Lupo proved to be better. But with the upgraded efficiency, I had to be a little more careful. This made me re-evaluate how I approach my problem areas and eventually the whole shave. Now understand, I'm not a seasoned shaver. So what I'm about to say is probably old hat to you and the majority of the forum. I tossed out my rigid three pass shave: WTG, XTG, ATG. And now loosely go North to South, E to W/W to E, S to N by letting the contour of my skin dictate the path of the razor. I follow the SB or OC where it retains a square connection to the skin. This is especially true on my neck where I rarely can pull a straight line. This technique was used with my GC and it gave me a DFS ~95% BBS. I was surprised, TBH. Normally with the Lupo I do a two pass shave -- loosely E to W/W to E, S to N. But earlier today I did a three pass with the Lupo .95 SB and had a phenomenal shave with no weepers or irritation. I think my technique has evolved quite well, and I have to thank the Lupo for that.

Tuesday's shave was mostly Canadian (Razorock). Thanks to my northern neighbors for great products.

Razor: Razorock Lupo 95 OC
Blade: RK Stainless (2nd use)
Pre-shave: Razorock pre-shave gel
Brush: Razorock "big Bruce"
Soap: Razorock black label
Aftershave: Nivea sensitive cool

Quality shave today: Smooth, comfortable, and irritation-free. Enjoy your Lupo!

I'm sitting here hours after a three pass shave using the Lupo .95 OC and my face is still BBS. The OC is crazy smooth and crazy efficient. At least to me. heh.

I did have two weepers but no irritation. It was a Stirling shave -- Nag Champa w/splash. Face lather with my Semogue SOC Premium latherhog boar.

So... This morning I shaved with the Lupo OC for the first time. I plan on shaving with it through the weekend at least to acclimate to it before passing too much judgement.
Right out of the gate this razor bit me. Cut my thumb actually. The picnic table profile of this razor did not offer me enough grip and the razor slipped and slid across my thumb when tightening the head down. No blood but I'll have an irritating flap of skin to deal with for a few days. I much prefer the gentle convex curve of the JAWS.
The balance of this razor is very different than my JAWS. Both are stainless with a Razorock stainless bulldog handle. The JAWS feels much more balanced in stainless. The Lupo OC felt very light at the head. Not a big deal at all, it will just take me a few days to adjust to the distribution.
I used Astra Platinum's as I have for years.
The shave... Considering the razors I talk about, I'm sure you can figure out that I am a daily shaver (out of necessity) and have a pretty heavy beard. I know that it is going to take me a few days to adjust to the angles needed for an efficient shave. On day 1, the JAWS is still the far and away winner of the closer shave with minimal work and fewer passes. I will say this for the Lupo OC though, it was a more comfortable shave. I suspect it has something to do with the comb. The comb looks different than what I'm used to. I can't put my finger on it but it just appears to be less drastic. I've been lulled into that type of dumb thinking with R41 too ;) My chin area in general took 5 - 6 passes in all different directions to get to "good enough for work". Again, I just want to reiterate that I know there is going to be a learning curve with his and will keep an open mind for the next several days. I'll keep you posted.

BTW... I also ordered a Razorock Hawk OC and an "A" base plate to try after the Lupo OC. I've never used an SE razor before and had a few extra $$$ on hand, so I thought, why the hell not.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
So... This morning I shaved with the Lupo OC for the first time. I plan on shaving with it through the weekend at least to acclimate to it before passing too much judgement.
Right out of the gate this razor bit me. Cut my thumb actually. The picnic table profile of this razor did not offer me enough grip and the razor slipped and slid across my thumb when tightening the head down. No blood but I'll have an irritating flap of skin to deal with for a few days. I much prefer the gentle convex curve of the JAWS.
Oh I have come close to slicing my fingers with my 3pc Gillette's because of blade tab overhang when I first started using them. I use this method and it works the best with any 3 pc razors.
(Some old archived photo's 5 yrs back on a old thread called "Daily learning curve of having a Great shave" on another forum.)
Good way of just starting to tighten..... Final grip to tighten the blade snug only works the best for myself.
Good way of holding a razor 2.jpg Good way of holding a razor 1.jpg
Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom