What's new

Razorock Lupo and Karve Christopher Bradley base plates??

I want to purchase one of these 2 razors with open comb. I'm not sure what Plate I should get.My
2 favorite razors are my Gillette New De Luxe and my Muhle R41. They are both pretty close in efficiency
with the New De luxe being smoother. So what plates with an open comb with these razors be close to those 2?

The Karve and Lupo are both excellent choices for comfort and efficiency. To me it would be a coin toss, although I find the Karve to be aesthetically superior; for open comb I would go with the F or G plate.

Last edited:
The Karve and Lupo are both excellent choices for comfort and efficiency. To me it would be a coin toss, although I find the Karve to be aesthetically superior; for open comb I would go with the F or G plate.
The Karve may be aesthetically superior but I think the Lupo outshaves it. YMMV.

Reactions: ewk
I love the Lupo 95OC! It would have been my final razor, if the Karve CB in brass didn't look so dang beautiful!

I could be happy with that Lupo for the rest of my days. I just wanna try that brass boi...

Lupo. I've used both (still use the Lupo) and this is going to sound very weird but I can't deal with the smell of the Christopher Bradley. Wet brass and I don't get along. The Karve shaves very well though.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have the Lupo 95SB, 72SB, Aluminum and the DLC. Also have most of the Karve Brass plates in SB and OC.

The Karve Brass SB-G is in the top third of my Big Dog razors and is ranked above the Lupo 95SB.

Both are excellent razors. :)

I have the Lupo 95SB, 72SB, Aluminum and the DLC. Also have most of the Karve Brass plates in SB and OC.

The Karve Brass SB-G is in the top third of my Big Dog razors and is ranked above the Lupo 95SB.

Both are excellent razors. :)
Interesting. What are your numbers 1 & 2? Also what would you rank the Lupo 95SB?

Thanks for any input/details.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Interesting. What are your numbers 1 & 2? Also what would you rank the Lupo 95SB?

Thanks for any input/details.
Here you go. :)

Alpha Big Dog Razors:

Overall #1: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB Plate, GTx or Ti Handle

AC Blade: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB Plate, GTx or Ti Handle
AC Blade (Honorable Mention): Blackland Razors Stainless Vector SB & OC Plates, GTx or Ti Handle
AC Blade (Honorable Mention): Colonial Razors The General V2, GTx or Ti Handle
AC Blade (Honorable Mention): Above The Tie X1 Slant, Ti Handle

DE (Current): Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird, GTx or Ti Handle
DE (Current - Adjustable): Rocnel Sailor
DE (Vintage): Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England), GTx or Ti Handle
DE (Vintage - Honorable Mention): Gillette Pre-War Tech (Canada), GTx or Ti Handle

GEM (Current): Blackland Razors Sabre L2, GTx or Ti Handle
GEM (Vintage): GEM MMOC & BMMOC
GEM (Vintage - Honorable Mention): GEM Feather Weight

SE using a DE Blade (Vintage): Jones Shake-Sharp v1

Happy to answer any questions. :)

Here you go. :)

Alpha Big Dog Razors:

Overall #1: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB Plate, GTx or Ti Handle

AC Blade: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB Plate, GTx or Ti Handle
AC Blade (Honorable Mention): Blackland Razors Stainless Vector SB & OC Plates, GTx or Ti Handle
AC Blade (Honorable Mention): Colonial Razors The General V2, GTx or Ti Handle
AC Blade (Honorable Mention): Above The Tie X1 Slant, Ti Handle

DE (Current): Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird, GTx or Ti Handle
DE (Current - Adjustable): Rocnel Sailor
DE (Vintage): Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England), GTx or Ti Handle
DE (Vintage - Honorable Mention): Gillette Pre-War Tech (Canada), GTx or Ti Handle

GEM (Current): Blackland Razors Sabre L2, GTx or Ti Handle
GEM (Vintage): GEM MMOC & BMMOC
GEM (Vintage - Honorable Mention): GEM Feather Weight

SE using a DE Blade (Vintage): Jones Shake-Sharp v1

Happy to answer any questions. :)
Thanks for the detailed response!

Top Bottom