What's new

RazoRock Lupo .95 Open comb handle question

I have been doing a lot of reading from you guys regarding the RazoRock Lupo .95 Open comb and has really got my curiosity up, (RAD)…..
I have been using several combinations over the last few months of my Timeless razors and I must say I enjoy them all….
Regarding the Lupo .95 Open Comb, what handle would you recommend? I see on the website they offer several, (including a titanium), which I have grown fond of with the Timeless line. But I thought I would ask the experts here in our community. Thanks as always!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
How about that:
Order just the head and slap the Timeless Crown or the Yaqi 88mm spiral handle on it.
Among the RazoRock handles, I like the Super Knurl the most.
I got the Wunderbar with the 100m Titanium handle, but replaced it with an Alpha Viper 95mm handle, which I liked better. I like knurling, and the Razorock Titanium handle just was two things that don't work for me. Light and little grip. At least it was long.

How about that:
Order just the head and slap the Timeless Crown or the Yaqi 88mm spiral handle on it.
Among the RazoRock handles, I like the Super Knurl the most.
I got the Wunderbar with the 100m Titanium handle, but replaced it with an Alpha Viper 95mm handle, which I liked better. I like knurling, and the Razorock Titanium handle just was two things that don't work for me. Light and little grip. At least it was long.
Great advice Iridian and thanks again as I was unaware my Timeless handles were compatible with the RazoRock line.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Timeless handles were compatible with the RazoRock line.
You can also use their delrin washers, the one on the photo is a generic M5 O-ring though.
RazoRock baseplates have a feature I would like for Timeless as well: a recess where this washer fits perfectly in.

Pic Lupo DC / Yaqi 88m spiral SS / M5 O-ring
20220728_162034.jpg

You can also use their delrin washers, the one on the photo is a generic M5 O-ring though.
RazoRock baseplates have a feature I would like for Timeless as well: a recess where this washer fits perfectly in.

Pic Lupo DC / Yaqi 88m spiral SS / M5 O-ring
View attachment 1495529
Perfect! Thanks as always for your professional courtesy and assistance Iridian.😊👍

I prefer the Razorock Barber Pole handle in the Lupo .95OC

I've only used it with that and the HD. I used to have a super knurl, but the HD bumped it out before I got the 95OC. The grippiness of the super knurl was way better, but I liked the balance of the HD more.
Thanks Dnallehekaj.

the 2 handles I currently use with all of the de razor heads that I currently use are the razorock super knurl and the razorock UFO. I have other awesome handles that I have not used in a while like the razorock barberpole, razorock bulldog, etc but my top 2 handles right now for all of the razor heads are the super knurl and ufo. Both very nice looking handles and more importantly, both very grippy.

the 2 handles I currently use with all of the de razor heads that I currently use are the razorock super knurl and the razorock UFO. I have other awesome handles that I have not used in a while like the razorock barberpole, razorock bulldog, etc but my top 2 handles right now for all of the razor heads are the super knurl and ufo. Both very nice looking handles and more importantly, both very grippy.
Great info JW…..Thanks again!

Reactions: Kix
You probably already bought it. But still I will say this. Handles are a strictly individual thing. We cannot tell you which handle will be best for you. I notice that through the years I still prefer what I prefer, no matter what is the head. I believe there are a lot of users here like me.

I have enjoyed the RazoRock SS UFO handle and Timeless Ti Crown with the Lupo. I did order the barber pole as well but found it too bottom weighted with the Lupo. The UFO handle provides terrific grip and balance but the looks and lighter weight of the Timeless Ti Crown will likely make it my permanent handle for the Lupo.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have to admit..... I just love the Timeless Ti Crown handles. I use them exclusively on my Claymore Evolution. I am going to try one on my Gillette British Flat Bottom Tech today... I don't mind the shorter Fat handle that came with it but I love the looks and feel of the Crown, it's worth a trial run.

If and when I get a Stainless Lupo, I'll use it on that as well. I do have a Lupo Aluminum I need to retry now that I know a bit more than I did when I first used it... It deserves another chance.

Of the three RazoRock handles I've tried on my Lupo, my favorite is the Titanium Halo, but the shorter, stainless steel Lupo is a close second. The Bulldog trails the other two - at least for now. I have another handle that I just discovered among my shaving items that I may try on my Lupo. It's from a now defunct outfit called Signature Shaving, and it's a matte stainless steel handle mid-way in length between the two Halo handles.

I have been doing a lot of reading from you guys regarding the RazoRock Lupo .95 Open comb and has really got my curiosity up, (RAD)…..
I have been using several combinations over the last few months of my Timeless razors and I must say I enjoy them all….
Regarding the Lupo .95 Open Comb, what handle would you recommend? I see on the website they offer several, (including a titanium), which I have grown fond of with the Timeless line. But I thought I would ask the experts here in our community. Thanks as always!
Razor rock handles are hollow and not that heavy. I like the look of the titanium handle, but I think it might be a little bit light for my taste. I have the bulldog and radio knob handles.

They’re very light razors. Even though titanium is superior for corrosion resistance, there’s something to be said for dissimilar metal corrosion, which is why I prefer the handle material to be the same as the razor.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Razor rock handles are hollow and not that heavy. I like the look of the titanium handle, but I think it might be a little bit light for my taste. I have the bulldog and radio knob handles.

They’re very light razors. Even though titanium is superior for corrosion resistance, there’s something to be said for dissimilar metal corrosion, which is why I prefer the handle material to be the same as the razor.
I use a drop or so of Park Tool ASC-1 Anti-Seize Compound on the threads. Park is mainly a bicycle tool company and there are a lot of dissimilar metals used on bike frames and components.

Cheap insurance.

Top Bottom