What's new

Razorock Hawk V3 in stainless steel

How do you order OC with a different handle? Separately? The only "configuration" available seems to be OC+HD handle.

How do you order OC with a different handle? Separately? The only "configuration" available seems to be OC+HD handle.
The way the setup is currently you can't order a different handle with the AC head. It appears the handle stock pile is low or just the way Joe wants to sell the razor at this time. I don't like that combination either so I will not be ordering the razor.

Just stumbled onto this thread and, as a result, just ordered the Hawk V3 w/standard plate. I am psyched that I caught today’s drop. Looking forward, but there’s some shipping uncertainty due to recent events. It’s nice to know it’s headed my way though.

The way the setup is currently you can't order a different handle with the AC head. It appears the handle stock pile is low or just the way Joe wants to sell the razor at this time. I don't like that combination either so I will not be ordering the razor.

Yeah, that's too bad, because the OC is, in my opinion, a really interesting option.

Buy the razor with the handle you don’t like. Given the fact that the current price is lower than they will ever be again, and the fact that the plate and cap purchased separately cost about the same as you buying the currently available razor + the handle you do like separately. No brainer.
Ya I may just go ahead and buy the one with A plate also even I don't like that handle. You right it's cheaper now.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have the Hawk in the DLC SS version, and also the SS General, and both ATT AC platform razors.

Hawk.AC.SS.DLC.640.8-12-18.JPG

I like 'em all, but perhaps like the Hawk best. All are very good. And, of course, this is merely my opinion.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thank you! I picked one up... they had UFO handle one in stock.

Also, I was looking at Colonial General SS for comparison... is it really $200 now? (Head plus handle) or they are cheaper when Colonial sells them as a set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I picked one up... they had UFO handle one in stock.

Also, I was looking at Colonial General SS for comparison... is it really $200 now? (Head plus handle) or they are cheaper when Colonial sells them as a set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought the Colonial General head separately for $115. The handle is hideous. Looks like a chair leg from bad 70s furniture.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I bought the Colonial General head separately for $115. The handle is hideous. Looks like a chair leg from bad 70s furniture.

General.640.7-18.JPG

They nailed the General in SS ^ and had (I'm told) previously nailed it in brass. In my opinion of course.

I think mine cost $60 brand new. Something like that for sure. I got mine at the right moment in the price game.

In my view, too, the new handle is a travesty, but my view is subjective. The old version, the one I own, looks very utilitarian and is utilitarian, but its form functions very well indeed.

Other than aesthetics I'm not knocking the newer one which I've not used. To each his own. I'm not also knocking the new price. Those boys have to make a profit, but I'm glad mine was within my budget.

Happy shaves,

Jim

So, let's talk RazoRock handles guys? Which ones do you like and why? Which ones would, in your opinion, look best on Hawk 3 standard and Hawk 3 Open Comb?

So, let's talk RazoRock handles guys? Which ones do you like and why? Which ones would, in your opinion, look best on Hawk 3 standard and Hawk 3 Open Comb?

I’ve owned all of the Razorock handles (except the Haloed UFO) and my favorite is the the latest version of the HD, and the knurled UFO. Both have great grip, great balance and a classic look.
Looks wise, I like the HD and the 2 piece Halo for the Hawk 3

Most of their handles are available for purchase separately for $15.
Just buy the one you like & trade or sell the one you don’t. Sorted.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The shipping notice was sent. Will it pry the RazoRock BlackHawk V2 from my cold, lather-crusted hand when it arrives?

I don't even know what handle mine came with right now LOL. I have a drawer with spare handles and can swap around with other razors if need be. the price was too good to pass up regardless of handle.

I’ve owned all of the rr handles. I don’t find any to have “bad” grip. For me, it comes down to balance, looks, and weight.

I hate the balance of the radio and barber pole. That extra weight at the bottom doesn’t help anything for me.

The halos all look great to me. They all feel great too. The 2 piece steel is sweet because you can use it without that heavy screw at the bottom. The TI halo is long but light. It works. The dlc steel halo matches the stainless lupo. The ufo halo is just plain sexy.

The hd and bulldog look plain, but feel and shave great.

The knurled ufo looks and feels awesome.

The super knurl has a really cool 60’s look to me and great balance.

I don’t like the feel of bamboo handles of any kind, even though they look sweet.

Thank you for the feedback. That's how I felt about 2 piece halo and haloed UFO just by looking at them. HD doesn't look amazing but it seems to be very functional.

Top Bottom