What's new

Razorock Hawk V3 in stainless steel

D

dangerousrazor

Have any gents ever compared RR Hawk v2 with ATT SE1?
ATT SE1 is quite smooth, but it is a bit too heavy for me.
My ATT SE1 has a Kronos handle.
(Hope my memory works.)

I had 2 of ATT SE1. One regular and the other Windsor line. My pick is Hawk V2.
ATT SE1 feels a bit efficient but less smooth. Hawk V2 feels smoother and way more maneuverable thanks to its light weight.

(Hope my memory works.)

If the se 1 is too heavy, att makes an aluminum se1 that shaves great.

My hawk v2 seems a tad more aggressive than my att aluminum se1.

Would you folks recommend a V2 Hawk for a first SE? I am no stranger to DE and Straight shaving but I am looking into trying out an SE for the first time.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The Hawk V2 is priced as a good first SE. Depending on your hand-eye coordination, it’s either an awesome razor (for most who try it) or an awesome razor that gives you 12-20 hours BBS plus razor burn because of lack of hand-eye coordination (that’s me!).

You could also scan the auction and knick knack sites for a GEM Micromatic Open Comb and spend less money on the razor and less money on the blades only it may be haunted by a former owner.

Haha well I don't need anyone materializing while I'm mid shave haha. I did go ahead and ordered a Hawk V2 and some Feather Pro Guards to try out first so we will see how this goes after it arrives.

Quick glimpse of the open comb Hawk V3 plate on RR’s Instagram story.
B3BEC175-1373-48CF-A213-DF6E93C35280.jpeg

(Hope my memory works.)

I've been using the SS ATT SE1 for some time, years! I bought the aluminum Hawk V2 and didn't find it as efficient, takes a little more work for the same results for me. It doesn't mean the Hawk V2 is bad though. I have the Atlas and Kronos handle, I prefer the Atlas handle, the shorter length works better for me.

The V3 Hawks dropped this morning at a discount in very limited numbers. I just ordered the standard head on the Bulldog handle. We’ll see how it goes.
Thanks for the heads-up! I just ordered one as well. I don't need it, but it was too tempting to resist. In a few months (or whenever this pandemic eases) I'll be selling a couple of razors that I don't use anymore. It's more about the clutter than the money.

it doesn't come up on the mobile version on my phone with Chrome. I found it using the PC. I added some aftershave to get free shipping and the price came out the same :)

Top Bottom