What's new

Razorock Hawk V2 coming tomorrow according to IB Facebook page

I know I want one. Anyone else?
proxy.php

Sadly no information available otherwise on FB, IB website or Razorock web site. Wonder if first release will be SS or Aluminum...maybe brass or Titanium...and what the cost will be....doesn't really matter for me, I will try to snag one up anyways as soon as they are listed for sale.

Already have the SS DLC Hawk V1. It's a smooth operator. If it's as good as the first one, don't hesitate Gents. It will move lightning quick, especially if it stays around the same price point. And IB is good for that.....

Already have the SS DLC Hawk V1. It's a smooth operator. If it's as good as the first one, don't hesitate Gents. It will move lightning quick, especially if it stays around the same price point. And IB is good for that.....

Hesitation may come for some, if they read about how defective products may have been handled.

Hesitation may come for some, if they read about how defective products may have been handled.
I can't speak about products being defective or how they were handled. I can only surmise from my own personal experience. I've had no issues with the vendor or it's products. The RR DLC SS Hawk that I purchased has been excellent in all aspects. Again, I can't speak for others who might have had an issue(s) with said vendor and/or products and hopefully they were resolved forthright.

I can't speak about products being defective or how they were handled. I can only surmise from my own personal experience. I've had no issues with the vendor or it's products. The RR DLC SS Hawk that I purchased has been excellent in all aspects. Again, I can't speak for others who might have had an issue(s) with said vendor and/or products and hopefully they were resolved forthright.
Problems happen with any product. But the way they are resolved says volumes, and this is where the buyer should research before buying.

Problems happen with any product. But the way they are resolved says volumes, and this is where the buyer should research before buying.
Understood. I just don't have anything negative to say to be honest. Again, that's my own experience. But due diligence is required in all things when referring to purchasing a product or service. In this I agree with your statement.

Customer service has been quite quick/responsive for me when I've contacted them. I don't have any complaints.
Some details on the Hawk V2 have been given on razorocks instagram page. New improved blade post design I believe was one of the changes mentioned.

My question would be, what was wrong with the V1? The SS DLC has only been in circulation for a couple months so far!! Have sales slowed that much on it that it needed a change? I was under the impression that they weren't making them fast enough. What was wrong with the original blade post design? I don't think I've read any complaints as to it not working properly...

The only real difference I see from the pic posted by the OP is it now has a curved head like the General, which has been one of the points most have talked about when comparing the two and choosing the General over the Hawk. From what I've read the angle has been easier to find and maintain on the General. In my experience that is why I kept my General and quickly put the Hawk up in the BST!!

.....and whats up with that ugly handle being used on every razor they have released lately?

From the Instagram page: "updated top cap, alignment posts, base plate bar and handle. Overall shaving geometry is the same."

Additionally, in reference to someone asking about a stainless version: "let's judge the feedback from the aluminum first".

So it would appear to be an update to the aluminum version.

Damn...I was hoping for a Stainless Steel version. If the price is in the same price range as the V1 aluminums, I might still try to get one of the first runs though. I Prefer my V1 Stainless Steel over my V1 Aluminum because of the weight difference and I find that the Stainless Steel's milling is more precise (when I compare mine anyways) - I rate the V1 Stainless Steel just a tad lower than My Brass General. Perhaps these new changes to the V2 will bring it closer or above how I feel about my Brass General.

Yeah, I like that ugly handle as well, but I already have one. I would have appreciated a new handle design as well (for something different) but I'm not going to complain about it.

I like that ugly handle. In fact, I pulled the titanium handle from my MJ90 (which I don't like) and screwed it onto my Wunderbar.
I'm sorry to anyone that feels offended by my comment and it wasn't meant in that manner and maybe I should've worded it differently and I'm glad you like the handle. That being said I should've only questioned why aren't there any other handle options? I passed on the last Wunderbar release solely because of the handle. Both, in the BST and on IB's site. I contacted CS and asked if I could get it with another handle and was flat out told it only is sold with that handle and that is how I'd have to purchase it. Not exactly great CS there... My money certainly must be different from others and obviously not needed by them I'd assume!!

From the Instagram page: "updated top cap, alignment posts, base plate bar and handle. Overall shaving geometry is the same."

Additionally, in reference to someone asking about a stainless version: "let's judge the feedback from the aluminum first".

So it would appear to be an update to the aluminum version.
Rumor has it, and it is just a rumor. But a couple of other shave forums have stated that there might be some legal ramifications with Mongoose and Italian Barber over design specifications. Hence the redesign of the Hawk. Just speculation, but it is floating about on the web......

Rumor has it, and it is just a rumor. But a couple of other shave forums have stated that there might be some legal ramifications with Mongoose and Italian Barber over design specifications.

That wouldn't surprise me. If you take a look at the Mongoose Facebook page, there was a pretty obvious threat posted months ago. Let me see if I can figure out how to link a post.

Mongoose Razors

Some details on the Hawk V2 have been given on razorocks instagram page. New improved blade post design I believe was one of the changes mentioned.

Was there a problem with the old blade post design? The idea that a redesign was necessitated by a dispute regarding the Mongoose feels better that some admission that the old design of the Hawk was problematic in some way.

Rumor has it, and it is just a rumor. But a couple of other shave forums have stated that there might be some legal ramifications with Mongoose and Italian Barber over design specifications. Hence the redesign of the Hawk. Just speculation, but it is floating about on the web......
So now...copy the General's design lol...It's doesn't appear to be too similar to the General - The General bottom plate is totally flat on the underside. The Hawk V2 looks to be curved downward but they both have the rounded top cap design. Can you patent the rounded top cap - pretty much every DE razor I've ever seen has a rounded top cap and the heads angled design specifications for the Hawk V1 and Mongoose are not only for aesthetics, the design is there to facilitate the proper shaving angle so naturally, if you are not going rounded they would all design their heads with a similar angle...right? I don't have a Mongoose so don't really know how much of a resemblance (besides appearance) there is to that one.

Top Bottom