What's new

Razorock has a new model of razor DE BBS!

This was just posted on the Italian Barber site. Thought it was pretty cool:
proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This was just posted on the Italian Barber site. Thought it was pretty cool:

Excellent way to post their degrees of aggression razor scale, they forgot efficentcy but it is a good way to describe something quickly because they more than likely get bombarded with phone calls no doubt about this important charteristic of certain razor models.
Thanks for posting!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I don’t know of anyone who’s used their Hawk V3 and agreed the “A” plate is more aggressive or efficient than the “OC” plate nor anyone who’s used a SLOC/Yaqi Mellon with a regular DE blade (versus a Kai) and felt it to be a medium aggressive razor.

Can’t wait to see how the mileage on the BBS varies for me.

I'm getting regular DFS+ shaves with my BBS, and the 7 O'clock Black are match made in heaven for the razor.

Supermax Platinum Plus performs OK with it, but I feel like more rigid (?) and sharper blade will do well in the BBS.

There is negligible blade feel, and efficiency is very good.

I'll trade for some Feather blades to pair with the BBS.

I'm getting regular DFS+ shaves with my BBS, and the 7 O'clock Black are match made in heaven for the razor.

Supermax Platinum Plus performs OK with it, but I feel like more rigid (?) and sharper blade will do well in the BBS.

There is negligible blade feel, and efficiency is very good.

I'll trade for some Feather blades to pair with the BBS.

A Feather is on deck for my next shave with the BBS. I'll report back...

The Razorock BBS-SS is no slouch. Smooth, mild and deceptively efficient. No, it won’t produce a 10+ hour shave and let you skip a day or two from your shave regime. And yes, the cutting window is a bit narrow but, it comes rather naturally and is easier to hold than say the Mamba .53 & .70 even if it’s just slightly. We know that the GC’s are perhaps the Kings in RR’s line up with the Lupo SS series making a strong case for the top spot. But, make no mistake nor should one underestimate the BBS-SS on its performance. Easy & comfortable shaves all day, every day. Just about as automatic as automatic can get.....

3F0CF4BF-3FA6-4159-A060-5E7F81B7C1D3.jpeg

I bought the BBS last week after reading the positive comments. My previous reference razor was the Rockwell 6C plate R3. I shave every other day and my skin is relatively delicate (I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis during the change of seasons). I have had three shaves with the BBS and the feel of the blade on the skin in the counter-grain is very present. In some areas the razor irritated me with blood points and I felt the "tear" effect. I have been shaving for 3 years and therefore I have acquired a minimum of technique. What am I doing wrong? Perhaps the 0.68SB GC would have been better but it is nowhere to be found in Europe.

I bought the BBS last week after reading the positive comments. My previous reference razor was the Rockwell 6C plate R3. I shave every other day and my skin is relatively delicate (I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis during the change of seasons). I have had three shaves with the BBS and the feel of the blade on the skin in the counter-grain is very present. In some areas the razor irritated me with blood points and I felt the "tear" effect. I have been shaving for 3 years and therefore I have acquired a minimum of technique. What am I doing wrong? Perhaps the 0.68SB GC would have been better but it is nowhere to be found in Europe.

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the BBS. Pinpointing a specific problem(s) with your particular experience with the razor is tricky. There are so many variables from blade selection, soap, technique and etc., etc... Experiment with different blades and keep it to one change at a time without changing multiple items during your shave.

Unfortunately, in the end it could just end up just not working out for you.

Good luck..... :thumbup1:

I'm using Saponificio Varesino Felce 4.3, OSMA pre shave oil and Sputnik blade. I will try with the following blades: Astra Blue, Gillette Rubie, Gillette 7 o clock green and Yellow

I'm using Saponificio Varesino Felce 4.3, OSMA pre shave oil and Sputnik blade. I will try with the following blades: Astra Blue, Gillette Rubie, Gillette 7 o clock green and Yellow

Just as a side note, pay extra attention to your shave angle as the cutting window on the BBS is quite narrow. Start on the cap and once you start the shave stroke/pass bring the handle down slowly until you feel it engaging in its cutting action. Just go from there with subtle adjustments to your shave angle or you can lose the cutting "sweet spot" of the BBS. You'll know once you hit it.

Happy shaves..... :shaving:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Certainly a lot of new stuff on the market. I look forward to hearing more about this one. RazoRock are usually pretty good. I like my CG84. Any one who gets hands on let us know.

New base plates for BBS razor are launched: in increasing order of efficiency

Standard (Original plate)
Open Comb
Aggressive
Aggressive Step

Anyone interested in these?
I'm interested in checking out the Open Comb (because I LOVE open combs) and Aggressive Step plate.

New base plates for BBS razor are launched: in increasing order of efficiency

Standard (Original plate)
Open Comb
Aggressive
Aggressive Step

Anyone interested in these?
I'm interested in checking out the Open Comb (because I LOVE open combs) and Aggressive Step plate.
Ordered the OC yesterday. Looking forward to trying it. I consider the SS BBS to be the Mamba 70’s slightly more efficient cousin.

Top Bottom