What's new

Razorock has a new model of razor DE BBS!

Today was a "control" day, I shaved with the Mamba (fresh Med Prep) and RR Saturnia.

Due to both angles and actual mass the Mamba feels a bit more nimble, but the only functional difference is a slightly higher starting point just under my nose... The BBS takes more whisker off in the first WTG pass than the Mamba, but after the second (ATG/XTG hybrid) pass there's no practical difference. While the Mamba is a great razor ATG, the BBS is even better (as I had suspected), but again, it's almost academic since both can handle my neck and jawline at speed without any worry.

12 hours later, the shave from the Mamba feels identical to the one I got from the BBS yesterday, so both are getting right down to the practical limits of everyday closeness (I'd have to spend an extra pass and significantly more care to get a shave that still felt close this long afterward with a Gillette TTO or Muhle).

The Mamba wins under my nose and lower lip, BBS beats it ATG under jawline and they're tied on cheeks and neck.

Next I'll fall back to the GC, if my hunch is correct, it'll be a bit less close than either of these, but the shave will still be excellent and I'll get that with only a casual level of concentration (the half-asleep shaves from the Mamba aren't this close).

It's definitely a keeper.
Great info. I can’t wait til mine arrives.

Today was control alternate day, Mike's Natural Vetiver and the GC .68 with a shiny new Med Prep (Barber pole handle installed).

This shave went exactly as expected: the GC gave me much more feedback than either the BBS or Mamba, which lead to a fast, precise and very acceptable shave. The closeness was slightly less than either of the othe RR razors, though under the jawline I got as close going ATG as with the BBS and due to the excellent feedback it was actually just as effortless there as the BBS. The swirled areas on either side of my neck weren't as close as the others got them and under my lower lip was similar to the BBS (good, but not great like the Mamba), under my nose was a snap. The net closeness from the BBS or Mamba is fractionally better than the GC, but I honestly enjoy shaving with the Game Changer more and the DFS-/SAS+ I get from it is more than good enough for me.

I'll keep the BBS in the rotation for a few more weeks, this will give me time to really figure out any of its subtleties, if I make any breakthroughs or change my mind either way I'll be sure to post about it here!

A question for folks as they clock more shaves with this razor: do you get more blade life with this head than others?

I've long suspected that the Merkur OC head gives a few extra days of good shaves as compared to most other razors (IME), because of the excellent blade support it provides, the BBS ought to have the same benefit if this supposition is true.

My BBS is still enroute, USPS is SLOW...

My .68 Jaws has been sitting in the USPS Chicago facilty with no movement for over a week. Tracking? "Sorry, this service is not available at this time".

the last tracking update I got was on Aug. 6: "Delivery was attempted at 1:13 pm but there was no access to the mailbox. Item will be delivered on the next business day". HAH! A co-worker got a message for his letter: "Delivery was attempted at 2:33 pm..." On the same day!

There was no delivery on Aug 7. Nor any day since. Nor any day since Aug 1. And the address is a business. We are open during delivery hours, with unimpeded access to the mailbox. USPS isn't slow, it's dead, destroyed from within.

My .68 Jaws has been sitting in the USPS Chicago facilty with no movement for over a week. Tracking? "Sorry, this service is not available at this time".

the last tracking update I got was on Aug. 6: "Delivery was attempted at 1:13 pm but there was no access to the mailbox. Item will be delivered on the next business day". HAH! A co-worker got a message for his letter: "Delivery was attempted at 2:33 pm..." On the same day!

There was no delivery on Aug 7. Nor any day since. Nor any day since Aug 1. And the address is a business. We are open during delivery hours, with unimpeded access to the mailbox. USPS isn't slow, it's dead, destroyed from within.
My mail lady is a customer of mine and goes out of her way to make sure and give me great service but the mail as a whole is awful and she will be the first to say so 🤨

I received mine and was very pleased. I like the leather case, I like the fact they put the posts on the cap instead of the baseplate (my only complaint against the GC) and I really like the head design. I agree it's similar to the Merkur 45c which, were it not for the weight, would be one of my favorite razors. The steel BBS solves my problem. I have a handful of new razors at the moment and I"m enjoying a rapid rotation through them this week.

Razorock BBS/Kai (3), Ethos Success. This is a very capable razor. Goosed a little with the Kai blade's additional exposure and one shim this was efficient enough to get to BBS without a pick up pass from my Leaf or Enders. That's really good. The unusual curve of the head does work- you can hear the blade bend. Where I don't have much affection for the Mambas this one I will reach for.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday, used it this morning. It was the best first shave with a new razor I’ve ever had. BBS shave. No stinging with the alum block, no irritation. Can’t wait to try again tomorrow.

One little problem. The ends of the razor seem to cover the ends of the razor blade. As a result, I wasn’t able to get the hair right under my nose. Tried every-which-way I could but I had to end up using another razor to get that area. Did anyone else have that problem? Were you able to fix it?

Got mine yesterday, used it this morning. It was the best first shave with a new razor I’ve ever had. BBS shave. No stinging with the alum block, no irritation. Can’t wait to try again tomorrow.

One little problem. The ends of the razor seem to cover the ends of the razor blade. As a result, I wasn’t able to get the hair right under my nose. Tried every-which-way I could but I had to end up using another razor to get that area. Did anyone else have that problem? Were you able to fix it?
I give my nose a pull up and go N to S then S to N

Got mine yesterday. Shaved today with 3-days of growth. Cella Extra Extra Bio, fresh Wizamet, and my Fine synthetic 20MM. GREAT shave!!

This is a substantial razor!! Very well machined and designed.

I love my Rockwell 6S...never gives me a bad shave, no matter what blade I use, soap, etc. Always great. The BBS lived up to its moniker....probably the most thorough BBS I have had...even upper lip and chin, my problem areas.

Minimal sting with the alum. I went ATG in areas that are usually iffy...I think the bend of the blade as well as the clamping of it made ATG no issue.

Do I need bothe the 6S and the BBS? Time will tell....

Top Bottom