What's new

Razorock has a new model of razor DE BBS!

I had a similar experience as @GlazedBoker
First shave with mine today.
Pre Shave ETHOS First Lather
Blade PolSilver
Soap ETHOS Succes
AS ETHOS Succes
If you don’t mind a 3 pass shave this razor delivers a very smooth 3 pass BBS. It is probably one of the smoothest razors ATG that I have ever used. I would put it on the mild side of mid aggressive but with 3 passes it delivers and it really is very smooth.

Attachments

• AA7C4B67-9D5F-41E5-AF19-6A5E8F531E22.jpeg
    AA7C4B67-9D5F-41E5-AF19-6A5E8F531E22.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
While the first shave with the RR BBS was very smooth and did give me a 3 pass BBS the duration was significantly shorter than most of my current razors. I only had about 6 hours before I started to feel the stubble coming back, I'll do a few more daily shaves with it before I reach any conclusions.

Thanks for the detailed review @GlazedBoker . While I ordered the BBS within 10 minutes of receiving the email and it shipped out the very next day (yesterday), I won't be receiving it till next Tuesday (even with premium shipping). Guessing being the US West coast has a lot to do with that .. :D

Your review has me pretty excited about trying the razor out.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
For those fellows who like a little more efficiency and aggression on mild razors I like to use lately a Kai SS DE blade on my mild razors. Kai SS blades are a little wider by .009 thousands of a inch compared to a standard blade or .0045 thousands of a inch of extra blade exposure and it sure bumps blade feel I noticed. They are pricier than other blades but still worth having a few tucks for a nice mild razor that needs a little more for what ever reason. I have used the Kai SS Blade in my RR GC .84(very nice) RR SLOC (even more enjoyable)Gillette Reg flare tip SS( better) and Gillette British rocket SS(better). Some folks already knew this about the Kai blade but others might not of & so just passing a little information along fellows.

For those fellows who like a little more efficiency and aggression on mild razors I like to use lately a Kai SS DE blade on my mild razors. Kai SS blades are a little wider by .009 thousands of a inch compared to a standard blade or .0045 thousands of a inch of extra blade exposure and it sure bumps blade feel I noticed. They are pricier than other blades but still worth having a few tucks for a nice mild razor that needs a little more for what ever reason. I have used the Kai SS Blade in my RR GC .84(very nice) RR SLOC (even more enjoyable)Gillette Reg flare tip SS( better) and Gillette British rocket SS(better). Some folks already knew this about the Kai blade but others might not of & so just passing a little information along fellows.
Thanks for that info. My current DE's are Timeless Ti 0.95, Blackland Blackbird and Rockwell 6S (#4 plate) so I would think they are all more aggressive than the Razorock BBS. My plan is to start with a Personna Med Prep in the BBS and then use the Kai next.

Just got done and it was a two passer with a slight touch up. Phenomenally smooth yet a deceptively efficient shaver. Not at the mid-aggressive level and geared more towards the milder side of the shave spectrum. But, it knocked down a nice full days worth of growth without a hitch. The shave angle came very natural to me but, that cutting window is quite small and you have to be on it to get the BBS to work at its most effective cutting position. If memory serves me correctly it does feel a bit like the Mamba .70 perhaps just a tad bit more efficient. Might have to do a side by side to really see if they’re similar or there are some differences. I think the BBS feels better. On a side note the Tatra Platinum blade is a player with better than average smoothness and quite sharp. Also, the Stirling MITA is awesome for the brutal heat. Face chillers will LOVE this stuff....

View attachment 1131835

View attachment 1131830

View attachment 1131829

View attachment 1131831

View attachment 1131832

View attachment 1131833

View attachment 1131834
Thanks for posting the great review. Have ordered one and am waiting for it to arrive.

For tonight’s shave I chose a once used Kai blade in my BBS

PreShave - Hot Shower

Blade - Once used Kai

Soap - ETHOS Lime

AS - ETHOS Lime

For me there was no discernible difference in smoothness with the WTG and XTG pass but a little more blade feel ATG still very smooth but definitely a little more blade feel. Again I received a very easy BBS and I whipped the razor quickly across my face with no issues.

Now it remains to see how long this BBS lasts.
BF9FA3F5-595F-436A-A400-5314B3B381AC.jpeg

Went in and decided to write up my thoughts on my 2nd shave tonight with the RR BBS Stainless. I’ll keep it short and sweet. As @Shavemd posted earlier, I can’t say that the duration of my shave lasted a certain amount of hours. I shaved yesterday at about 5:30 pm and I woke up this morning at about 4:30 am and did feel some light stubble. Feint but, there nonetheless on face & neck. Can’t give a time frame of duration as it was lights out for me at 10:30 pm. I was clean as a whistle when the eyes shut. Perhaps in the weekend I can get a day shave in and gauge duration. Needless to say, this will not give you a deep and super close shave say, a la Timeless .95 or an Ikon Tech but, that’s not what the BBS Stainless was designed to do. If that’s what you’re looking for, move on because this ain’t your champ.

Anyhow’s to the shave. And I think this shave was actually a bit better in both smoothness and efficiency than yesterday’s shave. I used a bit more skin stretching and shorter quick strokes and got a wonderful 2 pass plus minor chin buff BBS finish everywhere including the toughest spot for me which is both sides of Sir Adam. I performed a couple touch up strokes there and not a single whisker straggler left behind. Again, no irritation to speak of and just an easy smooth and comfortable shave. This is really an easy to use daily and is actually easier to get the cut angle and keeping it there than with the Mamba .70 imo. A definite shave off between the two is in the works along with a few other GC’s to throw in for giggles.....

3C7F17D3-7298-452B-AF03-CA61CD4E6FE0.jpeg

Went all in and decided to see how the 2 Razorock razor stablemates compared to one another in terms of shave performance & feel. The BBS Stainless is the RR new kid on the block and I pulled out the Gamechanger .68-P SB to see how these two matched up. Decided to stay with the Tatra Platinum and just installed a fresh new blade In each to keep it even. Used the same soap from yesterday, the Stone Cottage Bayberry test formula which by the way, is an upgrade from their previous release. That’s for another thread. On with how these two performed.

Each razor took a side, BBS on the right & GC .68-P the left. And quite honestly, the shave from the two razors were nearly identical in feel. Blade feel is minimal and they are both muted sounding razors in comparison to those like a Blackbird, Timeless .95 or FatBoy/Slim from Gillette. Don’t get me wrong, they both give some audible feedback it’s just not very loud. But, they hum nicely. Again, it was a 2 pass affair with some slight touch ups from both parties and mostly in the same areas. A bit of a chin buff and a couple of extra strokes on each side of Sir Adam and they both left a BBS finish on their respective sides. Nothing to report on any minor mishaps nor any irritation. Just a real good, close and comfy shave. But, there are a couple of things that I did notice, not standout in force or obvious but, noticeably present throughout the whole shave. One is that I find them both having a narrow window of cutting angle or “sweet spot” as some would say and yet, I found it just a bit easier to maintain that angle with the BBS over the GC .68-P. Second, the BBS exhibits just a bit more smoothness or should I say, a softer feel on the skin during the shave against the GC .68-P. Again, I’m just perhaps splitting hairs here but, to me it felt a bit softer/smoother on the skin. And a final thing is that they weighed very close to each other with the BBS a few grams lighter than the GC .68-P. Of course that could be attributed to their respective handles but, on just the head assemblies without the handles there was only a 1 gram difference on my kitchen scale. Just putting it out there for those that like to look into weight bias and such. They both felt equally balanced in the hands and the handles from RR offer excellent grip top to bottom. Arguably some of the best in the business regardless of price point and manufacturer.

Overall they both gave a great easy shave. But, I felt that the BBS was easier to manage and like I had mentioned previously it just felt smoother overall. Neither one of these will cut you unless you’re all thumbs or mindlessly careless, they are that easy to use while exhibiting minimal blade feel. Both give comfortable and easy shaves, the BBS though was just a bit easier in my hands.....

3FD939D8-B5D5-4A37-9338-D61E9517FD60.jpeg

BBS Cap & Base plate....
5DD29CDE-8F68-4679-9587-0C2F0CE5DEAA.jpeg

BBS complete razor....
3A1C0A8F-4489-4F0D-8D57-3A167DB4AF0F.jpeg

GC .68-P Cap & Base Plate....

D819A0E6-2795-4E9D-8CD9-0575DCCAA188.jpeg

GC .68-P complete razor....
BA63A043-7FB2-46AD-A2CE-76B497D0DC71.jpeg

Great comparison @GlazedBoker Tonight I did a side by side of my Timeless Ti .68 OC vs BBS. But first a few things the Kai blade in the BBS gave me 12 hours before I felt some stubble. The BBS head weighs 33g and the UFO handle weighs 65g. I don’t have a .68 SB so the OC is the best I could do. Now onto tonight’s shave.
Blade Tatra
Soap ETHOS Citrus
AS ETHOS Citrus.
WTG. Both were extremely smooth and ever so slightly more blade feel with the OC. Rinse and the Timeless took a little more stubble down
XTG Same as WTG and at the end the OC was a little smoother
ATG Again noticed just a tiny more blade feel from the OC but both were easy to whip around and both ended in a BBS shave.
The Titanium has a softer face feel but a very small amount of increased blade feel and it was minimal at best. The Timeless probably would have needed only touch ups after the 2nd pass but the BBS needed the full ATG pass for me. The Timeless is one of my favorite Daily Drivers and the BBS May be very close to it. Both are extremely smooth and leave no irritation or fear of “biting you”. This is how they work for me, I am a daily shaver so YMMV.
93B8DACC-E631-4DCD-8E0A-1C057B347D71.jpeg

Great comparison @GlazedBoker Tonight I did a side by side of my Timeless Ti .68 OC vs BBS. But first a few things the Kai blade in the BBS gave me 12 hours before I felt some stubble. The BBS head weighs 33g and the UFO handle weighs 65g. I don’t have a .68 SB so the OC is the best I could do. Now onto tonight’s shave.
Blade Tatra
Soap ETHOS Citrus
AS ETHOS Citrus.
WTG. Both were extremely smooth and ever so slightly more blade feel with the OC. Rinse and the Timeless took a little more stubble down
XTG Same as WTG and at the end the OC was a little smoother
ATG Again noticed just a tiny more blade feel from the OC but both were easy to whip around and both ended in a BBS shave.
The Titanium has a softer face feel but a very small amount of increased blade feel and it was minimal at best. The Timeless probably would have needed only touch ups after the 2nd pass but the BBS needed the full ATG pass for me. The Timeless is one of my favorite Daily Drivers and the BBS May be very close to it. Both are extremely smooth and leave no irritation or fear of “biting you”. This is how they work for me, I am a daily shaver so YMMV.View attachment 1132793

Good stuff @Shavemd. And honestly, any razor with close enough specs to the Timeless .68OC would have a tough time. The Timeless Ti is that good. Well done my friend.... :thumbup1:

Excellent review and thanks for doing that. I just recently bought a GC 68 so I really wanted to see a comparison. Since they are so close it’s probably less likely that I will buy a BBS. I have way too many razors as it is .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom