What's new

Razorock has a new model of razor DE BBS!

Shaved with the BBS for the first time tonight. Used an Astra SP with 2 shaves on it. Arko following a shower.

It is extremely smooth but I could hear the blade working, I like that. 3 passes with some touchup on that place on my neck with the swirl.

The angle works well. The razor just feels rock solid and glides like it’s on wheels.

Perfect shave. I really like it.

I have a Fatip Slant coming and I bet I have a shave off.

Shave 2 today. I used a Feather and I don’t get along with Feathers.

Good shave, very close but alum block stung like jalapeño.

I think the Shark Platinum will be the go to blade for this razor.

Shave 2 today. I used a Feather and I don’t get along with Feathers.

Good shave, very close but alum block stung like jalapeño.

I think the Shark Platinum will be the go to blade for this razor.

Shark Plat's are very underrated. Good smooth & sharp blade with decent longevity.

Another few BBS shaves in; two shaves with a Treet DS, not really any different from the Med Prep, which is to say the result was a very close shave, but with just a hint of irritation all around. I think I'm still not riding the cap far enough, or alternately, when I do, I'm not getting any blade feel, so I auto-compensate by adding a bit of pressure.

This mornings shave was back to the GC 68, with a 4 shave old Med Prep in it, that was a true zero irritation shave and felt DFS- upon completion, though at 5 hours in the BBS or Mamba shaves still feel that way and this one has the barest hints of stubble creeping back in all across my face.

Honestly, I enjoy the GC shaves more, but I'm sticking with the BBS for several shaves a week, until I figure out how to consistently get the best angle, or I finally get frustrated with it...

I have yet to play my trump card though, maybe the next shave will be with a Personna SPC (vintage blade that shaves identically to a coated P74*, but with different packaging).

Loading a vintage Personna SPC didn't change the shave from the BBS at all compared to the Med Prep I had been using, next up will be a Feather.

Loading a vintage Personna SPC didn't change the shave from the BBS at all compared to the Med Prep I had been using, next up will be a Feather.
If you would like to increase the efficiency I highly recommend a Kai blade, it really increased the duration of the BBS shave for me.

If you would like to increase the efficiency I highly recommend a Kai blade, it really increased the duration of the BBS shave for me.

I have no issue with the efficiency, it cuts close and doesn't need much touch-up to be DFS+ everywhere on my face and neck.

On my face, the KAIs are a middle ground blade, Feathers feel much sharper to me.

I'm really just rotating through some of my usual favorite blades to see if the BBS loves or hates them. So far it has shaved pretty much identically with Med Preps, SPCs and Dura Sharps.

I got my BBS today and enjoyed my first shave with it. I love its simple looks:

BBS-OW-Set-G_2020-08-27.jpg
:001_wub:

The first job was to put the Bulldog handle that came with it into the PIF box. Handles that weigh more than the head just don't do it for me, nor do I like long handles. The reason I got the Bulldog (which is a perfectly fine handle for those who like its attributes) was simply "Hobson's choice" (i.e. that or no BBS).

The Bulldog is 90mm long and weighs 72g. My current favorite Olive Wood handle is 75mm long and weighs 13g. The loaded BBS head weighs 33g.

Smooth & easy with the RR BBS. The KAI just gives it a tiny bit more blade feel and it still keeps the wonderful smoothness and mild like feeling that it was designed to exhibit. Still it’s deceptively efficient and delivers a dolphin skin like smooth finish. Sangre De Drago & Encre Noire A L’Extreme are a match made in fragrance heaven. Great day and shaves to all....

428CF3DE-D327-4E3C-9E65-D22C619889A0.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The pictures in this thread make the RazoRock BBS look so much more appealing than the art on the Italian Barber site. The reviews from everyone and conversations with @SCh5 made it irresistible.

Hoping a RazoRock BBS with Super Knurl handle will take the sting out of my next birthday.

The BBS-SS once again this morning after shaving with the Gamechanger .84 OC yesterday. Nowhere near as close to the GC .84 in blade feel and aggressiveness but, very, very close results in terms of results. I was done in three yesterday with no touch ups or buffing required. Today, it was the same 3 passes with some touch ups and light buff work on the chin. No irritation to speak off and my skin felt clean and smooth. The BBS-SS is smooth with an underlying efficiency that is pleasantly surprising and very satisfying. It’s a really good performer for a smooth and easy shave.

FBFE34A1-B941-44CE-B2F9-A51D31329E6B.jpeg

My BBS arrived yesterday and I took it for a spin.

It’s puts a lot of bend on the blade and as a result the blade is locked down noticeably more secure than many of my other razors... at least it sure seemed that way.

Based on everything I’ve read, I was expecting this razor to be pretty mild. To my surprise it was plenty aggressive for me, yet very smooth.

I would say it’s way much aggressive/efficient than either of the Mamba’s. The .84 Gamechanger is more aggressive than the BBS, but definitely not as smooth.

I need more time with it, but my initial impression is quite favorable!

proxy.php

Top Bottom