What's new

Razorock handles, worth it?

I was just wondering if the 316L Razorock handles are worth buying. I am looking for a not too expensive stainless steel option to create a custom razor with a head of my choice. Also, what heads can be matched with these handles in terms of threading?

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
In its price range, razorock's 316 handle is definitely an excellent choice worthwhile; the company's production is obvious to all, so there is no need to worry.

Most modern DE heads are M5x0.8 universal screw specifications, except for fatip, almost all modern heads have interchangeable handles.

Gillette vintage heads have very similar thread specifications, so modern handles can usually be used.

Yes, if you don't mind the bit of extra weight. I've got three of them: HD, Super Knurl and Bulldog. I've also got one handle from WCS: 84s. The WCS handles are also available in brass, BTW. Maggard have a range of handles, too.

I’ve got a few. You can check out their blemished items or seconds that are discounted. I’ve bought both new and blemished handles from them. All were good or good enough. The only new one i bought was the UFO and it had a burr on the bottom that was easy to knock off and hasn’t been noticed or bothered me since. For the price they are a bargain. I wouldn’t hesitate.

I have one of their HD stainless handles. It's polished with deep knurling and good weight/balance, so I like it. As far as I know, it has standard threading that would fit any standard head (but maybe not a Fatip head).

The RR barber pole is my ideal handle. I prefer it by a large margin over my Timeless. I have found no equal at any price. I have six of them. I also have the HD and super knurl.

With an used,fine and soft toothbrush,some gentle polishing paste and some elbow grease to clean and polish the knurling of these RR 316L handles ,they become just awesome.

Another option for you is Maggard’s handles. Best prices I could find for the quality. Very fast shipping also.

Heads up! RR GameChanger 84 OC with Titanium Halo handle now available at Italian Barber.

RR GC84OC.png

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Love 'em. I have four: Radio Knob, UFO, HD and Bulldog.

The Radio Knob is permanently paired with the Wunderbar.
The UFO is great with the German 37 -- the HD feels to head-heavy and the Bulldog feels too handle-heavy
The HD is perfect with the Gem Jr. Bar but feels too short on others
The Bulldog is good with the the Hawk V3 razors, though the UFO may be better. I haven't tried yet.

Just got an 84S from WCS (because another poster mentioned them, too). With the PAA Starling V2OC it makes a setup that looks like George Jetson would use it, and it works well.

O.H.

The RR barber pole is my ideal handle. I prefer it by a large margin over my Timeless. I have found no equal at any price. I have six of them. I also have the HD and super knurl.

This. Their barber pole handle is both beautiful and supremely functional and grippy.

Top Bottom