What's new

RazoRock GC Jaws vs Muhle R41 Twist

not even a close contest. The jaws blows the r41 away. It's my #1 razor and it's made out of 316 stainless steel. The r41 is made out of zamak. The jaws is extremely efficient and rather smooth even though it looks like an extremely aggressive razor.

2nd shave today with the Jaws. Went super light over the spot with a mole and no blood. But I forgot about a couple other irritated raised spots on my neck and I nicked those....not because of the wide teeth though I don't think. The only razor I've ever used is the Parker open comb, so I'm not used to anything more aggressive yet I guess. Hopefully the 3rd shave will be drama free. The Jaws definitely gives a closer shave than the Parker even when only going with the grain.

2nd shave today with the Jaws. Went super light over the spot with a mole and no blood. But I forgot about a couple other irritated raised spots on my neck and I nicked those....not because of the wide teeth though I don't think. The only razor I've ever used is the Parker open comb, so I'm not used to anything more aggressive yet I guess. Hopefully the 3rd shave will be drama free. The Jaws definitely gives a closer shave than the Parker even when only going with the grain.
you could really stop after the first pass with the grain with the jaws. it's that efficient. i felt my face after the first pass with the grain with my jaws and my face just about felt BBS to me. it takes off a lot of hair easily.

I'll bump this up if someone happens to be curious about these two razors. Well, my R41 is not the twist, but the heads should be the same, twist is just a two piece razor and the handle might be longer if I remember correctly.

I just got my R41 today, so my experience with it is still limited, but I did shave with it already. It's indeed milder than the GC .84 JAWS. Still very efficient though! I believe both would do the trick for infrequent shaving.

I would not call the current R41 a beast, even though it demands some respect and concentration. The GC .84 JAWS is less forgiving of the two. Both are excellent razors in my opinion.

IMG_20220504_212011_306.jpg

I took a comparison photo of the razors, with blades loaded.

Those are the two razors I will own soon. Getting the R41 later in the year, and already have the Jaws. Have only shaved 3 times with the Jaws, but I like it. Got a couple very minor blood spots the first couple times, but none the third time (used same blade all three times). The only other razor I've used is the Parker 24C. I prefer the Jaws because it's more efficient and it doesn't clog.

Those are the two razors I will own soon. Getting the R41 later in the year, and already have the Jaws. Have only shaved 3 times with the Jaws, but I like it. Got a couple very minor blood spots the first couple times, but none the third time (used same blade all three times). The only other razor I've used is the Parker 24C. I prefer the Jaws because it's more efficient and it doesn't clog.
Good choices. If you like open comb razors, you could maybe enjoy the Fatip open comb slant too. I got one of those recently and love it. Very efficient, but I would not call it aggressive.

I agree that you have to be more mindful of the Jaws but it is still smoother in use. if you are being mindful mind you.
I have shaved with the R41 only once, but I would agree with you. The R41 still felt smooth for me though.

Not sure how either of the razors would feel when shaving ATG, I have tendency to get bumps If I do so.

I have shaved with the R41 only once, but I would agree with you. The R41 still felt smooth for me though.

Not sure how either of the razors would feel when shaving ATG, I have tendency to get bumps If I do so.
I don't have that issue and they both feel fine to me but again, the Jaws is a little smoother. Honestly though neither gets that much use from me. I shave at least 6 days a week and neither the Jaws or the R41 would be a comfortable every day shaver for me. Maybe then I would get bumps. The Jaws tends to see action on Mondays after not shaving on Sunday then whooee that is a baby smooth shave!

I'll bump this up if someone happens to be curious about these two razors. Well, my R41 is not the twist, but the heads should be the same, twist is just a two piece razor and the handle might be longer if I remember correctly.

I just got my R41 today, so my experience with it is still limited, but I did shave with it already. It's indeed milder than the GC .84 JAWS. Still very efficient though! I believe both would do the trick for infrequent shaving.

I would not call the current R41 a beast, even though it demands some respect and concentration. The GC .84 JAWS is less forgiving of the two. Both are excellent razors in my opinion.

View attachment 1450440
I took a comparison photo of the razors, with blades loaded.
Never used an R41 (or the JAWS) but that picture with so little blade showing makes it look like a kitten. I guess looks are deceiving but, given the reputation, I was surprised it doesn't look more aggressive with a blade in. By appearances, the GC looks way more than just a little more likely to draw blood.

Top Bottom