What's new

RAZOROCK GC 0.68-P

Really interesting - it seems most prefer the 0.84 to the 0.68, at least recently (see below).

I'm wondering - does anyone out there actually prefer the 0.68 to the 0.84 after trying both? If so, I would guess because they think it's just as efficient while being more comfortable?
I do say those quotes :) hmmm notice a trend here :)

while I said buy both gaps maybe just buy the .84 and see what ya think for comfort again best bang for buck razor out there one can get IMHO and I bet I am not alone with that thinking !

A fun upgrade would be get a Timeless Ti handle or have have @Rosseforp make one if he is still doing that that would be even lighter and unique

for me the lighter handle and SS GC head that is already decent light makes a AWESOME balance compared to the standard SS handle ! But again some like the heavy handles ?

I believe RazoRock has a Ti handle, too. It's $30.

b/r

ON_1
Yeah you can get it bundled with the razor also I am sure :)
I had one to compare
but do prefer the Timeless by quite a bit but again YMMV all personal
timeless is lighter about 7 grams or something ? and shorter (90mm vs 100mm)
but found the grip on the Timeless better and the Rosseforp one I had also had better grip than the RR one
but I do say try everything so ya know its for you

Really interesting - it seems most prefer the 0.84 to the 0.68, at least recently (see below).

I'm wondering - does anyone out there actually prefer the 0.68 to the 0.84 after trying both? If so, I would guess because they think it's just as efficient while being more comfortable?

Me.

I'm a leisurely, 3-pass shaver, reducing my whiskers with each pass. I find that I can achieve a DFS with no irritation using a Gillette Tech, my ASD2, or GC 68P, as well as other "mild" razors. I suppose if I wanted a closer first pass, or wanted to do fewer passes, I might opt for the 84P, but the 68P is enough to do what I want.

Honestly, if I wasn't sure, I would buy the razor with both plates and try them. It would give you options, satisfy your curiosity, and you would still be under 100 bucks.

I bought two complete razors and sold the 84P..

Me.

I'm a leisurely, 3-pass shaver, reducing my whiskers with each pass. I find that I can achieve a DFS with no irritation using a Gillette Tech, my ASD2, or GC 68P, as well as other "mild" razors. I suppose if I wanted a closer first pass, or wanted to do fewer passes, I might opt for the 84P, but the 68P is enough to do what I want.

Honestly, if I wasn't sure, I would buy the razor with both plates and try them. It would give you options, satisfy your curiosity, and you would still be under 100 bucks.

My gut tells me I'll like the 0.68 more too, but a week ago my gut told me I couldn't handle a blade gap and it was dead wrong :lol1:

I'm a leisurely shaver too, though.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My gut tells me I'll like the 0.68 more too, but a week ago my gut told me I couldn't handle a blade gap and it was dead wrong :lol1:

I'm a leisurely shaver too, though.
What is your preferred razor at this time, and what razors have you tried with a large blade gap? I use a considerable range of mild to not so mild razors depending on my mood and blade choice at the time. It's not always YMMV. :kyle1:

~doug~

What is your preferred razor at this time, and what razors have you tried with a large blade gap? I use a considerable range of mild to not so mild razors depending on my mood and blade choice at the time. It's not always YMMV. :kyle1:

~doug~
I own/have tried two razors: 1) Parker 24C and 2) Maggard V3 head on a Parker 24C handle.

Until a week ago, I thought the Maggard V3 was too aggressive. Then I learned how to shave with it and consecutively enjoyed three great shaves. My plan is to retry the Parker 24C three times and compare my experiences. If it's not obvious, I may shave half my face with each.

If I like the Parker 24C, I'll probably buy the BBS Open Comb. If I like the V3, then I'll go with the Game Changer Straight Bar and purchase both the 0.68 and 0.84 base plates since they use the same top cap and handle.

Last edited:
I had my first shave with the 68P.Dissapointed.Less efficient than aluminium Lupo and Henson medium.Little blade feel.Reminded me the Gillette Tech.:sad:

I had my first shave with the 68P.Dissapointed.Less efficient than aluminium Lupo and Henson medium.Little blade feel.Reminded me the Gillette Tech.:sad:
Sorry the GC 68-P didn't work for you. I've never used the Lupo (gap?) or, the Henson.

As my thread states, I love the GC 68-P! I also like the GC 84-P. But, as we say around here, JMHO, YMMV.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Time to move on, huh?

b/r

ON_1

Me.

That is exactly what I did, Moving from 24c to 68-P or 84-P I am waiting on delivery for both heads to try out and see how they work. Super excited as I got the open comb for both as well.

View attachment 1607542View attachment 1607543View attachment 1607544View attachment 1607545
It's just that easy to load a Blade into the RazoRock Game Changer razors with "Alignment Pins" on the "Baseplate".

b/r

ON_1
I can load my GC both ways, baseplate or top cap first. I prefer working with the top cap first though. With the top cap, place blade in position and press down to conform with the top cap inside curvature. If the blade is slightly off from alignment of the alignment pin holes, I use a toothpick to visually align, keeping the blade snuggly in place with my thumb and forefinger on the ends of the cap, then place the base plate in position and apply the handle. I feel a little less safe placing blade on base plate first and then applying the top cap, but that is just me. Which ever way works best for you is good, I just try real hard to avoid getting finger cuts when changing blades.

lasta

Blade Biter
I can load my GC both ways, baseplate or top cap first. I prefer working with the top cap first though. With the top cap, place blade in position and press down to conform with the top cap inside curvature. If the blade is slightly off from alignment of the alignment pin holes, I use a toothpick to visually align, keeping the blade snuggly in place with my thumb and forefinger on the ends of the cap, then place the base plate in position and apply the handle. I feel a little less safe placing blade on base plate first and then applying the top cap, but that is just me. Which ever way works best for you is good, I just try real hard to avoid getting finger cuts when changing blades.
So, when you cut into a steak, do you push first or pull?

Ugh. This thread. So, I'm a GC .84 fan (and I have five or six barberpole handles!) and a RR fan in general (GC .84P and OC, Lupo .95, Wunderbar, German37 and SLOC).

I've actually been using the SLOC the most lately bc my tremors are acting up (essential tremors) and the SLOC is really so easy to whip around my face. Can anyone compare the .68 with the SLOC?

@bigbrucefan ...I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues. I wish you all the best.

I have the GC 68-P, but I've never used a RR SLOC, so I really can't help. The GC 68-P is a very mild razor, I can achieve a DFS with it. But, it takes more effort on my part. Like you, I also have the GC 84-P and the Lupo .95 SB.

I basically responded to the thread to move it along. Maybe someone with more experience with the SLOC and the GC 68-P will respond.

b/r

ON_1

Ugh. This thread. So, I'm a GC .84 fan (and I have five or six barberpole handles!) and a RR fan in general (GC .84P and OC, Lupo .95, Wunderbar, German37 and SLOC).

I've actually been using the SLOC the most lately bc my tremors are acting up (essential tremors) and the SLOC is really so easy to whip around my face. Can anyone compare the .68 with the SLOC?
Both the GC 68 and Sloc are pretty mild to me. The GC is a great mild daily driver if that’s what you’re after. I think I’d have to try to cut myself with either one. @Ron R may be able to articulate a better comparison.

Top Bottom