What's new

RAZOROCK GC 0.68-P

I received the RazoRock "Barber Pole" today. Very nice. IDK, but I think the RR handles are polished to a higher degree finish then the razor heads?

The "Barber Pole" is a little shorter then the "Super Knurled", by about a 1/4". The knurling is exactly the same as the "SK". 'Soft', yet grippy with plenty of purchase. That was one of my worries with the Merkur 23C: slipping out of my hand. I found myself constantly rinsing the soap from my hands.

I'm really pleased with the "Barber Pole" handle, it feels good and won't slip in my hand. It's also very attractive. Here's a quick image:
20230106_144523.jpg

b/r

ON_1

• Super Knurl, 13 mm x 90 mm, ~2.9 oz weight
• Barber Pole, 12 mm x 85 mm (Approx. 14 mm Butt End), ~2.6 oz weight

Wanted to be accurate.

b/r

ON_1

One thing I forgot to mention about 316L stainless, and in fact, most grades of stainless. Stainless steel is relatively soft, so if you drop it on a hard surface it will scratch, or even dent if it hits hard enough. 316L can't be heat treated to harden it. However, it can be hardened by immersion in a cold bath. Cryogenic? I doubt any razor manufacturer will go to the extra effort to do this? Not sure. Just something to consider.

b/r

ON_1

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm glade you are enjoying the Razorock Game changer.68, I own the RR GC .84 and like it with a Kai extra wide blade. I like a little blade feel and with the Kai SS blade it works well for myself. I have to agree with the quality control Italian barber(Razorock) demands for its customers. Good company to deal with over the years and have purchased a lot of other excellent products also.
Their soaps & aftershaves are great and enjoy using them a lot + they are very well priced also.

@tm3 ...I'm not really comfortable with the vocabulary to accurately describe the shaving experience. However, I'll give it a shot. The Merkur 23C is a very mild razor. I noticed an immediate difference in "blade feel" with the GC 68-P. I interpret that to be more "aggressive". The GC 68-P did not require multiple passes over the same area, like the 23C does. So, I'll say its more "efficient". In truth, I get a very satisfactory shave with the Merkur and if I hadn't discovered the RazoRock GC 68-P, I would have lived with the 23C. IMO, the RR GC 68-P performance is significantly better than the Merkur.

I hope this helps, but my descriptions are a little feeble.

b/r

ON_1
Great job! Your descriptions work well for me as I am not sure that I really understand some of the catchall terms myself!

I love the RR "Super Knurled" handle. But, I like the RR "Barber Pole" handle just a little more. I'm not a fan of short handled razors, I always feel like I'll drop it. Truthfully, the "RR SK" is only about 3/16" longer than the "RR BP", but that small amount apparently makes a difference. This morning's shave, using the "RR BP" handle I got a real 'BBS'. I had to verify with my 5 month old grand baby. LOL! The only variable I changed was the handle. It just felt nimble in my hands. The "RR SK" will stay in rotation. I might even Frankenrazor my Merkur 23C?

b/r

ON_1

I think the 0.84-P base might be "a bridge too far" for me.
you may be surprised if you were able to try a GC .84 SB.

Today, I shaved half of my face with the GC .84 SB on a bulldog and the other half with a GC .68 OC on a halo UFO. Both sides of my face look and feel the same, so equal performance. The 84 is like a street legal race car compared to the 68, in that it has manageable and well behaved power delivery. I hope that makes sense.

As far as fun factor, the halo UFO handle is slippery and rolls around on my fingers so I need to change my grip to fix that problem. The knurled handles are much easier to use. The halo UFO is prettier than the bulldog, unless you prefer the vintage knurled look. I myself prefer the polished SS look.

Top Bottom