What's new

razorock gamechanger 0.84 SB=INCREDIBLE

So, I just shaved with the razorock gamechanger 0.84 SB which I bought when it first came out back in 2018 or 2019. I used it a few times, have not used it for a few years until earlier tonight. Thought I'd give the razor a use because I have not used it in a very long time. I just forgot about it because I have bought newer released razors that I have been using for a while. Anyways, I had an incredible very smooth shave with it. Probably one of the best shaves in my life. I don't like throwing away or selling razors I buy because usually what happens is and I am sure this has happened to a few others on here, you buy a razor, use it a few times, may not like it and end up putting it somewhere in your house and not using it for a long while because you buy other razors and use those. This is why people should not throw or sell razors they buy because the strangest thing is you may use a razor and not particularly like it, put it away for a long time and than use it out of the blue again and have an INCREDIBLE shave with that razor. The gamechanger 0.84 SB is a VERY VERY NICE AND SMOOTH RAZOR and I believe imo it's up there with the lupos. I believe it is smoother than the lupo .95 OC AND SB. Maybe not as aggressive as those 2 razors, but aggressive enough. I believe the aggression on the gamechanger 0.84 SB is perfect.

Good to hear. I just used mine today for the first time in awhile and did enjoy it. Very smooth and did “sing” a bit. Circling back on some older razors is always fun to see if they are the same or different than you remember.

Good to hear. I just used mine today for the first time in awhile and did enjoy it. Very smooth and did “sing” a bit. Circling back on some older razors is always fun to see if they are the same or different than you remember.
have you noticed the 0.84 SB has more audible feedback than the razorock lupos? that's my experience anyways.

have you noticed the 0.84 SB has more audible feedback than the razorock lupos? that's my experience anyways.
For sure. I think the Lupo has a bit better blade clamping which causes less singing. I think The GC .84 OC has a bit better blade clamping than the SB.

Same here. I liked it but I still can’t go ATG with it. And not being able to go ATG with a razor kind of puts me off.

Maybe this will change soon…. We’ll see.

Sometimes I think I need to try the Gamechanger, but I have the Lupo 95 OC and it's working well. Plus I am participating in GRUME.

If it helps, I have the GC OC & SB in both 68 & 84, AND the Lupo 95 OC, and if I were made to choose between them, I'd go with the Lupo 95 OC.

The GC's are ALSO fantastic though, so I would never discourage anyone from trying them. :biggrin1:

I rotate my DEs when I get bored. Sometimes it's months, other times a year or more. I went back to my GC 68 earlier this year, but the handle was always a bit longer than I prefer. Earlier this month, I ordered a "thick" (shorter) replacement handle from RR. It took a couple shaves to adjust to the thickness and weight, but I'm liking it.

If it wasn't for the GC .84 SB, I wouldn't own the Lupos I have. The .84 became my daily shaver until the others came out. When I want to shave w/o thinking about what I'm doing, I reach for the .84, Tabac, and my Chubby 2 in Best- this combo produces an effortless BBS shave for me each and every time. GameChangers are the new 'gateway razor drug'.

marty

also awesome is the Phoenix double comb. this may be smoother than the GC, believe it or not. If you to try a heavy, thicker razor, Parker Variant is pretty awesome too.

Top Bottom