What's new

Razorock Game Changer Question

I've got my eye on the Game Changer but I'm leaning towards the .68 version, which is still out of stock.

I've heard that the .68 is being discontinued and wanted to check on whether that's confirmed or just a rumor.

I've been using a Gillette Tech for my daily, quick 5:00 a.m. pre-work shaves and saving my more aggressive razors for a weekend shave. But that means I only get 1 shave a week out of them; which is why I was leaning towards the .68.

If the .68 is discontinued, it's an easy decision to order the .84 now. But I'm finding it hard to be patient and my RAD is kicking in big time; telling me that I was always planning to order an .84 plate if I liked the .68 anyway. So just order the .84 razor now and pick up a .68 plate later. And what the hell, get an open comb too! But I'm trying to resist. Any news or thoughts would be appreciated.

I can't answer your question but like you, my RAD has come back with a vengeance as it relates to these RR GC razors. Last night I couldn't hold out any longer and ordered the Open Comb. Now I'm refreshing my screen just to see a shipping notification. None yet.

I don’t think they’re making the GC68 anymore. I don’t find the GC84 to be an aggressive razor. In fact, it’s the best-shaving razor I’ve ever used. Super smooth, yet very efficient. Not the prettiest I’ve seen....pretty utilitarian looking....but man does it work well. Never used the OC, and don’t even feel the need to try it.

I don’t think they’re making the GC68 anymore. I don’t find the GC84 to be an aggressive razor. In fact, it’s the best-shaving razor I’ve ever used. Super smooth, yet very efficient. Not the prettiest I’ve seen....pretty utilitarian looking....but man does it work well. Never used the OC, and don’t even feel the need to try it.
I used my GC84 this morning, and have to fully agree here. TI handle from my Mamba .70 though.

Shaving since 1963, using DE's since 2009 and only a GC .68 for the past year. I love my .68, but if anything happened to it, I'd buy the .84. If too aggressive, you could always go to a milder blade to compensate.

I emailed Italian Barber in July asking about the availability of the Game Changer .68. They told me they expected to have it back in stock in the Fall.

My preference is for mild and efficient razors. The GC 84 SB ticks all the box's for me. IMHO GC performs just as well if not better than some of the premium razors.

I'm sure that ftrez has already ordered the .84 :001_smile and I have no doubts he'll be very happy with it, but for completeness I did a search of @razorockJoe on Twitter. I didn't find any direct statement that the .68 has been discontinued as such, but I did find this:

RazoRock on Twitter
"Feedback is the 84 is just as smooth with a tad more efficiency, so I think that will become the standard plate with possibly a more aggressive gap to come." That was in Dec 2018.

However his most recent post concerning the .68 was in June this year saying that a new batch of .68s was coming "in 7-10 days.. for those waiting".

RazoRock on Twitter

Maybe he was just fulfilling the IB waiting list for the .68, with the intention of concentrating on .84 (and the other new models) going forward.

Either way, I'm really glad I got my .68 when I did!

I used my GC84 this morning, and have to fully agree here. TI handle from my Mamba .70 though.

I bought that same Ti Halo handle when it was available for purchase separately for like $30, and I use it with my GC84 head quite a bit, as well. Makes for a really nice overall weight and feel.

I bought that same Ti Halo handle when it was available for purchase separately for like $30, and I use it with my GC84 head quite a bit, as well. Makes for a really nice overall weight and feel.
My other handle is the Radio Nob. It's pretty good as well.

I have both of the SB GCs and the .70 Mamba. Of the 3, the .84 is my favorite. .68 is a close 2nd, and the Mamba a distant 3rd. I'd rather use my plastic Wilkinson Sword over the Mamba.

I just heard today that My GC .84 with the radio nob just shipped. You have to go back from time to time to find the one that you are looking for as I could have sworn that last week it was not available. Lucky me. Also, most of their Proraso is on sale a really good prices. Best of luck with your RAD!

I just heard today that My GC .84 with the radio nob just shipped. You have to go back from time to time to find the one that you are looking for as I could have sworn that last week it was not available. Lucky me. Also, most of their Proraso is on sale a really good prices. Best of luck with your RAD!

They were out of all the options as of last week and I emailed IB. They said they would be getting more in this week so that turned out to be true. By the time I finished procrastinating they were again sold out of everything except the one I wanted which was the Open Comb with the HD handle. Once I saw how quickly they went I jumped on and pulled the trigger. Still waiting for an email to say it shipped. Can’t wait.

I just recommended the .84 to a friend who is new to wetshaving. I don't think it's too aggressive for most.

Yeah I checked last night and the .84 is available in radio knob ONLY. You apparently can't just buy the head right now. So for those of you with RAD, you can get the radio knob right now (or could last night).

My GC .68 is perfect as a daily driver for my beard type. I plan on getting the GC .84 base plate when they become available. I am not a fan of their soaps but their razors are: :yikes: :thumbup:

Top Bottom