What's new

RazoRock Game Changer .68P or Mamba .70

Had my first shave this morning with my GC .68P. Great shave, a couple of weepers, but to be expected on the first shave with a new razor. Other than that it just glided over my face. Also bought the GC .84P, but going to give the .68 a run for a full week then switch to the .84 for a week to see which I like best.
Keep us posted @OhioBob . Ive been using my .68P every day since I bought & have no regrets. It has now become my every day shaver. But since it's only $29.99 in about a month I'm going to order the .84P base plate in case I need/want it down the road.

Keep us posted @OhioBob . Ive been using my .68P every day since I bought & have no regrets. It has now become my every day shaver. But since it's only $29.99 in about a month I'm going to order the .84P base plate in case I need/want it down the road.
Will do! I probably should do more than a week's trial, but when I had my Timeless SS ,95SB I realized after a week it was too aggressive for my skin. Time will tell!

I acquired one of the .68's with the Barber pole handle on this last batch, and I love it. The slightly thinner diameter plus the large end result in great balance. It looks great as well.

Well have had 2nd and 3rd shave with the .68P. Shaves better than the first, no weepers, very smooth but find I still am doing buffing on jaw line & chin. It does glide over your face, but am anxious to try the .84P to see if it’s more efficient requiring less buffing. Will keep shaving with the .68P until next Tuesday then switch.

Well have had 2nd and 3rd shave with the .68P. Shaves better than the first, no weepers, very smooth but find I still am doing buffing on jaw line & chin. It does glide over your face, but am anxious to try the .84P to see if it’s more efficient requiring less buffing. Will keep shaving with the .68P until next Tuesday then switch.

I’m looking forward to your post next week after you’ve tried the .84. I predict you’ll have a new favorite razor.

I’m looking forward to your post next week after you’ve tried the .84. I predict you’ll have a new favorite razor.
First shave with the .84P this morning and very impressed. No buffing needed to achieve a BBS shave. It just glides across my face. Loaded it with a Polsilver blade & used Speick shaving stick. Two weepers but think those were my fault as I got very confident with the razor quickly. Going to test for a full week, but right now it could become my overall favorite razor.

First shave with the .84P this morning and very impressed. No buffing needed to achieve a BBS shave. It just glides across my face. Loaded it with a Polsilver blade & used Speick shaving stick. Two weepers but think those were my fault as I got very confident with the razor quickly. Going to test for a full week, but right now it could become my overall favorite razor.
Keep us posted @OhioBob. I love the G68.P for every day use & it has replace my Rockwell 6C w plates 3/4. But I plan to order the .84P base plate as soon as it''s back in stock in case I want it down the road. Italian Barbert told me they will be back in stock in about 2 weeks.

Second shave with the .84P ever bit as good as the first. Just as smooth as the ,68P with more efficiency. Did get two weepers, but blame that on our cat rubbing my leg when I wasn’t expecting that. Very impressed overall with the .84P! I couldn’t shave daily with my Timeless SS .95SB my face would get irritated but received a great shave. The .84P seems to be milder as no irritation yet. I did need to buff my chin and jaw line this morning but think I just forgot what I had done the day before not to require that.

I own both Mambas & both SB Game Changers. I am probably an outlier in that I find that the Mamba 0.70 is smoother in use & shaves closer than the Game Changer 0.68, or the 0.84 for that matter.

“Out of the box” it is easy to get a good shave with either SB Game Changer, as they seem to have fairly wide cutting angles. The Mambas both have a very narrow cutting angle & if you are slightly out, your shave will not be at all close. It might take a few shaves to get the required angle with the Mambas, but it is worth persevering.

I got the Mamba 0.53 first, had a few poor shaves with it & sent it back down to the Minors (shoe box in my closet!). On a whim one day much later, after some less than stellar shaves with my Game Changers, I gave my Mamba another try, using a Feather blade & I got an excellent shave.

The shaves with the 0.53 Mamba were so good, I obviously had to try a Mamba 0.70. Well, the first shave with the Mamba 0.70 was a huge disappointment, being not any closer than the 0.53 & leaving my face a bit sore. The second shave was equally poor. For the third shave, I swapped the Feather blade I had been using, for an Astra SP & had an excellent shave, as smooth as the 0.53, but closer. I think the blade change helped, but the main difference was that I used a very light touch. With the 0.53, I think I had been applying some pressure during the shave & I had carried this over to the 0.70.

So the Mamba 0.70 is now one of my five starting pitchers (kept in a test tube rack in my bathroom cabinet) & the Game Changer 0.68 is in the bull pen (drawer in my bedroom), along with the 0.84 & the Mamba 0.53.

I have been reading this thread for some time, and this cleared up a lot of things for me.

While Game Changers/ Razorock are great value, I didn't want to collect their every razor (even though my RAD will not mind at all).

I'm leaning towards 68 OC base plate and 84 SB or vice versa with either Barber Pole or Radio Knob handle.

I'm just waiting before ordering to receive my Black Friday order from WCS to reach me to find out how much customs has charged me.

I have both an original Mamba and a .68 game changer. Like them both but the game changer is my favorite modern razor among many. I like my game changer so well I ended up selling my timeless.

I own both Mambas & both SB Game Changers. I am probably an outlier in that I find that the Mamba 0.70 is smoother in use & shaves closer than the Game Changer 0.68, or the 0.84 for that matter.

I also love the Mamba 70 and prefer it to any of the Game Changers but the Mamba is trickier to learn. They are all very good razors tho. The only razors in my collection I enjoy as much or more than the Mamba are the RR Stainless Babysmooth and the Tatara Masamune. Those three razors have a similar feeling and feel very smooth without worry of nicks. The BBS really curves the blade and takes getting used to while the Tatara feels like a Mamba 70 on steroids. This is basically my current rotation.

I have both an original Mamba and a .68 game changer. Like them both but the game changer is my favorite modern razor among many. I like my game changer so well I ended up selling my timeless.
I sold my Timeless as well. I use my game changer almost daily. This is my first RazoRock razor and I love it

Will the GC give me more "oompf" than my stainless Weber or EJ 89? I use a variety of blades (7 o'C Black, Polsilver, GSB, Voskhod, Perma-Sharp, Astra SP, Feather, Gillette 7 o'C Yellow) and still need more cutting power on my chin and neck. My Gillette Red Tip seems a little better but I don't use it much because I want to be able to use it forever. I guess I'm afraid of the day it breaks.
Worth getting a GC or is it on par with the EJ and Weber?

Top Bottom