What's new

Razorock Game changer 68 vs 84 user experience

Hi, I know the Razorock GC 84 is supposed to be more aggressive over the 68 but I would like to know if the difference is really that much different, so I reckon there's gents in here which tried them both and could share their user experience
Thx!

Hi. I haven’t posted here in years. Have been lurking, reading, etc. for the last few weeks. I can speak to your question, though. The .68 is mild and smooth. You have to try really hard (Really Hard) to draw blood, and even then it’s doubtful. I’ve never had the slightest hint of a rough shave with this razor. It’s as mild as any old Tech I’ve used. I get good shaves with three passes on my gray-white whiskers using this plate. The .84 plate is just as mild. Just a bit more efficient is all. Frankly I see little difference between the two. If you want smooth, mellow and efficient the .84 is the way to go. If you’re willing to sacrifice a little efficiency choose the .68. You didn’t ask about the .68 open comb plate which I also use. This too is smooth, mild and efficient. I like it when I’ve gone a few days between shaves. Hope it helps.

I have the OC version of both, I also see very little difference and since I got the 84 first, I keep using it. Efficient and smooth. Never have I had any issues w it.

GC68 is a mild razor for me, comparable to Merkur 34C. A nice daily driver, gives you a smooth DFS, a bit harder to get a BBS.

GC84 is more efficient and has a bit more blade feel to it. I'd say it's around mid aggression level, maybe inching towards high. Can be a daily driver but needs careful attention. Easy DFS and easier to get BBS. It's comparable to Fatip OC for me. 84 is very smooth.

Thx for the replies gents
I have the Rockwell 6C which is currently my favourite razor especially with plate 3 & 4 and I still regularly use my little Merkur 34C if I have 1 or maybe 2 days of growth, I really like the looks of the Game changer razors and performance wise I hear good things about it, but I'm in doubt about getting the 68 or 84 in terms of aggressiveness and smoothness

Last edited:
I love this razor. I find it a bit more difficult to get bbs with the .68. I end up having to really work for it. It’s super smooth though. The .84 does have a bit more blade feel. I can absolutely tell the difference. The end result is a more efficient shave, but for me, it does require a bit more attention and a lighter touch given the blade gap difference.

Thx for the replies gents
I have the Rockwell 6C which is currently my favourite razor especially with plate 3 & 4 and I still regularly use my little Merkur 34C if I have 1 or maybe 2 days of growth, I really like the looks of the Game changer razors and performance wise I hear good things about it, but I'm in doubt about getting the 68 or 84 in terms of aggressiveness and smoothness

Take a chance and trust a stranger...Based on what you like get the .68 Open Comb (not the Jaws). No need to thank me. You will be very happy.

I started with the .84. At first I loved it. It was smooth and efficient and there was enough blade feel to easily find the right cutting angle. (I would call it an agressive razor, but on the low end.) Then on days 2, 3, 4 ... I started getting more and more irritation. For me, it was too much. I could maybe use it every other day or better yet, every third day. I was fortunate to find someone here who wanted to trade their .68 head for my .84 head. The .68 is now my favorite razor. It is smooth and comfortable and I can shave with it every day without getting irritation. Some compare it to a Tech. I think it is more effective and more efficient than a Tech but the smoothness is similar/the same.

I just got both these plates and have only started to test them. So far the 68 feels similar to my Weber PH which has been my daily for years, very smooth and easy to get a close, comfortable shave.

I have only used the 84 once and it was a little more efficient but had much more blade feel which I am not a fan of. It was also the first time I have drawn blood in years with a couple weepers on my neck. I’m sure I need to adjust technique as I am so used to a milder razor.

The game changers really are a high quality and affordable way to experiment with different gaps and open combs to see what works for you.

I have both plates. With some blades I prefer the .68 and with other blades I prefer the .84. But when I use the same blade on both on my face I find the .84 just a little more aggressive. And for my face I can shave everyday with no irritation with both. Having said that I'm glad I own both plates. I started with the .68 and later on when I saw it was available I ordered the .84 plate.

I have now accumulated all six GC plates. Initially, I could only use the .68 SB on a daily basis and the .84 SB on two or more days of growth. I can now use the .84 SB on a daily basis. Then I added open comb plates and I can now use the .68 OC on two or more days of growth and the .68 JAWS on three or more days growth.

There is a noticeable increase in efficiency from the .68 SB to the .84 SB, and maybe half as much difference between the .68 OC and the .68 JAWS. To me, the .68 OC is more efficient than the .84 SB, but closed combs and open combs are just different.

I am with @Dave-the-rave, but I will go one further and recommend that you buy the .84 SB razor and a .68 OC plate for the simple reason that the .68 SB shaves similar to your 34C. You can always buy the .68 SB later on if you get the bug.

Italian Barber is currently out of stock for the .68 OC, but if you keep checking every day or two it should come back in a reasonable time. Do not trust their notification emails - check every two days.

I have now accumulated all six GC plates. Initially, I could only use the .68 SB on a daily basis and the .84 SB on two or more days of growth. I can now use the .84 SB on a daily basis. Then I added open comb plates and I can now use the .68 OC on two or more days of growth and the .68 JAWS on three or more days growth.

There is a noticeable increase in efficiency from the .68 SB to the .84 SB, and maybe half as much difference between the .68 OC and the .68 JAWS. To me, the .68 OC is more efficient than the .84 SB, but closed combs and open combs are just different.

I am with @Dave-the-rave, but I will go one further and recommend that you buy the .84 SB razor and a .68 OC plate for the simple reason that the .68 SB shaves similar to your 34C. You can always buy the .68 SB later on if you get the bug.

Italian Barber is currently out of stock for the .68 OC, but if you keep checking every day or two it should come back in a reasonable time. Do not trust their notification emails - check every two days.
Thanks Frank yes I'm leaning more towards the 84 deffo will keep an eye on some Razorock retailers and since I'm in Europe most likely from the UK since shipping rates nowadays seem to go up day by day I believe italian barber have a $15 rate for Europe mainland so that would be approximately $75 voor the GC 84

Yes, I’ve felt as you do about those two plates :thumbup:

They were quite different for me.

68 ... Really too mild. Only 1/3 of my blades cut my stubble well enough.

85 ... Great all around. Rides between comfortable and efficient... very nicely.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I got my GC68-P first, then I got a GC84-P and GC OC84 because I am a big OC Fanboy. The 68-P is very smooth, a very nice daily driver, with the 84-P having more blade feel, requiring more attention to detail while being more efficient. I used my GC84-P and a Blue Diamond for a Fixed Four earlier this year. I do find the 84-P more sensitive to blade changes.
Once I started using my GC OC84, I haven't picked up either one.........

.68 SB was too mild for me. .68 Jaws was better but still did not shave close enough. .84 SB, for me, is a great daily driver, providing a smooth DFS. I can get BBS with .84 Jaws but with a lot more blade feel. YMMV.

JAWS has a ton more blade feel than the SB for me. I use all three .84 styles and the JAWS takes concentration while shaving as to not get bitten. The SB is super smooth while giving up a bit of longevity in the BBS phase. OC is just meh for me without the smoothness or longevity but still requiring the concentration for it not to bite me.
For a single daily driver I’d go .84 SB.

Top Bottom