What's new

Razorock Game Changer .68-P or Mamba .70 or BBS?

There's a reason why everyone loves the GameChanger razors and the Mamba .70 is an afterthought. I have and like both GCs. I hated my Mamba .70. Too mild, too narrow of an angle ... I always ended up nicking myself in pursuit of a BBS shave that this razor couldn't provide.

There's a reason why everyone loves the GameChanger razors and the Mamba .70 is an afterthought. I have and like both GCs. I hated my Mamba .70. Too mild, too narrow of an angle ... I always ended up nicking myself in pursuit of a BBS shave that this razor couldn't provide.

It's funny how YMMV this all is... I have no trouble getting BBS from either Mamba, but my GC 84 is almost guaranteed irritation and won't BBS in less than three passes (if I can even face the third pass with it).

I was thinking about purchasing a GC as I want an affordable all stainless steel CNC razor, but all the different opinions are really making me reconsider, and instead buying an adjustable like the Parker Variant or Pearl Flexi.

I like my Rockwell 6S, so wouldn't even more adjustability have to be better...?

Like many (even most) enthusiast forums, products go through phases where they're flavour of the month and nothing else measures up - then a little time passes and they're just another quality product that's out there that plenty of people like and some people don't.

Agreed. I've been on this forum at a time when Derby was a go to blade for many !

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

I was thinking about purchasing a GC as I want an affordable all stainless steel CNC razor, but all the different opinions are really making me reconsider, and instead buying an adjustable like the Parker Variant or Pearl Flexi.

I like my Rockwell 6S, so wouldn't even more adjustability have to be better...?
I have the 6S, and also enjoy using it, but I like my Game Changer (and plate options) too.

The Rockwell is rather bulky, due to the reversible baseplate design, and the adjustables don't usually have thin heads (or removable handles).

The GCs do have thin heads, so if you fit a light handle, you've now got yourself the mountain goat agility of the light old vintage stuff, plus the precision goodness of a brand new stainless steel CNC-machined head. Win/win in my book.

I bought gc 0.84 last week but, it is kind of aggressive for me. I generally use edwin jagger de 89, merkur 34c, merkur 42c, merkur 41c ... etc. And after i face agressiveness of gc 0.84, i decided to buy a new 0.68 but i have to ask to you guys. I bought italian barber but there will be much more cost to me. So; in every year, do italian barber use black friday discount?

I bought gc 0.84 last week but, it is kind of aggressive for me. I generally use edwin jagger de 89, merkur 34c, merkur 42c, merkur 41c ... etc. And after i face agressiveness of gc 0.84, i decided to buy a new 0.68 but i have to ask to you guys. I bought italian barber but there will be much more cost to me. So; in every year, do italian barber use black friday discount?
I don’t recall that their razors were on discount, but sometimes it is that they are not in stock. They do pop up periodically on BST. Or post a WTT and see if anyone with a 0.68 wants to move up in aggression.

I don't know whether or not Italian Barber has Black Friday sales. But retailers don't usually put their best selling items on sale since they move quickly by themselves. Considering the GC baseplate are usually in demand buy it as soon as it's in stock. Because you could be waiting months for the one you want to become available. As of today the .68 plate is in stock. I started with a GC .68 & later on bought the .84 plate & enjoy both.

I don't know whether or not Italian Barber has Black Friday sales. But retailers don't usually put their best selling items on sale since they move quickly by themselves. Considering the GC baseplate are usually in demand buy it as soon as it's in stock. Because you could be waiting months for the one you want to become available. As of today the .68 plate is in stock. I started with a GC .68 & later on bought the .84 plate & enjoy both.

Thank you for your advice

If you have the GC 84 you can just buy the base plate for the 68 and save a ton of money.

If you have the GC 84 you can just buy the base plate for the 68 and save a ton of money.

Yes, they run about $30.

I have to chuckle at the mention of Italian Barber/Razorock having a sale of their Game Changers. When I was working through the shipping snafu with them (they sent the right box but the wrong razor) their customer service gave me a sob story about such thin profit margins that I was supposed to believe they were on the verge of going under and that making good on their mistake would push them under. It was only after I balked at their "here's a $10 credit shut up and like what you got" solution that they sent a new bottom plate. Any other place and a whole new razor would have been over-nighted to me. Nevertheless, they do have some pretty attractive scratch and dent sales.

M

mtcn77

I develop skin bumps when I shave in the same with Yaqi slant as I do with Merkur 37C. My beard become curly and also a bit itchy. Granted, I can skip shaving for a day, but who doesn't like the freshness of a clean shaven face every day! It also irritates less when rubbing with the alum block afterwards.

I sometimes want the fast action of Yaqi, but overall Merkur 37C is a more mature razor, so don't balk at the middle of the road option. Once you develop your method, you won't be too lenient on an aggressive razor.

Yes, they run about $30.

I have to chuckle at the mention of Italian Barber/Razorock having a sale of their Game Changers. When I was working through the shipping snafu with them (they sent the right box but the wrong razor) their customer service gave me a sob story about such thin profit margins that I was supposed to believe they were on the verge of going under and that making good on their mistake would push them under. It was only after I balked at their "here's a $10 credit shut up and like what you got" solution that they sent a new bottom plate. Any other place and a whole new razor would have been over-nighted to me. Nevertheless, they do have some pretty attractive scratch and dent sales.

Were they razor thin? 😏

I'm sure the margins on their products are pretty thin since they are selling them for much lower than other SS razors. The overnight shipment would probably be more money than the bottom plate, but please tell me where I can get that type of service because I've never seen it. Don't get me wrong, I've had some great service but never an overnight for a $30 product mistake.

Top Bottom