What's new

Razorock Game Changer .68-P or Mamba .70 or BBS?

Were they razor thin? 😏

I'm sure the margins on their products are pretty thin since they are selling them for much lower than other SS razors. The overnight shipment would probably be more money than the bottom plate, but please tell me where I can get that type of service because I've never seen it. Don't get me wrong, I've had some great service but never an overnight for a $30 product mistake.

It wasn't a $30 mistake. It was a $75 mistake, and it ended up taking a week longer. I certainly was not out to get something for free. I would have gladly returned the wrong razor upon receipt of the correct one and return postage. The point is that most venders on this hobby see the extended value in happy customers and are anxious and willing to go the extra mile to correct a mistake, especially a mistake on their part. Any suggestion that their profit margin is perilously thin is absolute BS. It's not the customer's fault they don't charge more. They have ample offerings across the board, and the fact that they have popular items that are seemingly always out of stock indicates that they have a popular following and a high demand for that product. Not that they can't afford to increase production to meet demand. I was more miffed that they made a mistake and their knee jerk reaction was to offer me a token credit and told me to be happy with what I got. I'm not the only one to have gotten less than acceptable customer service from them.

It wasn't a $30 mistake. It was a $75 mistake, and it ended up taking a week longer. I certainly was not out to get something for free. I would have gladly returned the wrong razor upon receipt of the correct one and return postage. The point is that most venders on this hobby see the extended value in happy customers and are anxious and willing to go the extra mile to correct a mistake, especially a mistake on their part. Any suggestion that their profit margin is perilously thin is absolute BS. It's not the customer's fault they don't charge more. They have ample offerings across the board, and the fact that they have popular items that are seemingly always out of stock indicates that they have a popular following and a high demand for that product. Not that they can't afford to increase production to meet demand. I was more miffed that they made a mistake and their knee jerk reaction was to offer me a token credit and told me to be happy with what I got. I'm not the only one to have gotten less than acceptable customer service from them.

$75? I'm confused, didn't you say the solution was a new base plate and not an entirely new razor? Isn't that $30, or was it one that had a $75 base plate?

I completely understand that it was with the initial reaction and not so much the final solution. This wouldn't have sit well with me either, but I certainly wouldn't have expected an overnight delivery, which is ok since their standard delivery is just 2 days to me anyway. I'm sorry you didn't get the service you expected, I certainly think that customer service is key since this is a rather small hobby and losing a customer isn't easily replaceable for the vendors. There are a few vendors I'll never deal with again and a few that I will always look to first.

I am currently about to buy either a Lupo .58 or Mamba 70. If you take comfort and efficiency into account, how do both relate to the RR GC 68 (or Masamune)? If there are some of you with some experience, please let me know.

ps: I also still own a Lupo 95 en Rocca. While I do get perfect shaves with them, I notice I am growing a dislike for blade feel. I recently bought a Masamune and GC 68 (next to my 84P), and i prefer them for my shaves now.

I have the Game Changer 0.68, 0.84, the Mamba 0.70 and the first DLC version of the Lupo...

Personally, I would go with the Mamba 0.70. It's different from the lupo and game changer for sure, but I would say it is in the same realm of efficiency then the Game Changer 0.68...

Feel free if you have more question

Top Bottom