What's new

Razorock Game Changer 0.84 your preferred handle

Hi,
I'm looking into the GC 0.84 combinations more specific the handles which handle do you prefer and why ? my current fav razor is the Rockwell 6S which has about the perfect dimensions for me, so all advice is highly appreciated

Thx in advance ✌

I have 3 RazoRock handles for my GC 0.84-P SB...
My personal favourite is the
1. BarberPole handle (middle)
2. HD handle (left)
Because both handle is a little fatter & shorter fits nicely in my hand...hefty feel
3. Superknurl handle (right) is alright too but least favourite...
20200824_202215.jpg

I have 3 RazoRock handles for my GC 0.84-P SB...
My personal favourite is the
1. BarberPole handle (middle)
2. HD handle (left)
Because both handle is a little fatter & shorter fits nicely in my hand...hefty feel
3. Superknurl handle (right) is alright too but least favourite...
View attachment 1144481
Thanks for showing these 3 options think I'll go with the HD handle when back in stock since italian barber only offers it with the buldog handle right now

Last edited:
I have three RazoRock handles. I have the Bulldog, the Barber Pole and the HD. The Bulldog is 90mm long, the Barber Pole is 85mm long and the HD is 82mm long. I actually prefer the HD and Barber Pole handles because they are shorter in length. The Bulldog feels a little too long in my hand while the HD and Barber Pole feel very nice. If the Bulldog were around 85mm, my preferred handle length, then I would probably like the Bulldog better than the HD. But I'd probably still prefer the Barber Pole out of the three as I think the knurling is of a higher quality. It just looks nicer and more expensive. The HD is also nice. The knurling is deep and it's heavy and solid in the hand. So, I'd recommend the Barber Pole first, the HD second and the Bulldog third. I don't have any experience with their other handles.

I should add that I absolutely LOVE Bulldog handles. I have two Ikon Bulldogs. 80mm and 85mm. I prefer the 85mm. It's probably my favorite handle of all.

HD is top. Barber Pole is in the middle and the Bulldog is bottom. Any discrepancies in the handle length is due to how the razor head sits on the handle.

IMG_0265.jpeg

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Radio knob or barber pole are the handles I like the most(looks), actually they all work and feel great.
Razorock Game change .84 2018 (2).jpg
Razorock SLOC Razor 2017 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
I have three RazoRock handles. I have the Bulldog, the Barber Pole and the HD. The Bulldog is 90mm long, the Barber Pole is 85mm long and the HD is 82mm long. I actually prefer the HD and Barber Pole handles because of they are shorter in length. The Bulldog feels a little too long in my hand while the HD and Barber Pole feel very nice. If the Bulldog were around 85mm, my preferred handle length, then I would probably like the Bulldog better than the HD. But I'd probably still prefer the Barber Pole out of the three as I think the knurling is of a higher quality. It just looks nicer and more expensive. The HD is also nice. The knurling is deep and it's heavy and solid in the hand. So, I'd recommend the Barber Pole first, the HD second and the Bulldog third. I don't have any experience with their other handles.

HD is top. Barber Pole is in the middle and the Bulldog is bottom. Any discrepancies in the handle length is due to how the razor head sits on the handle.

View attachment 1144676
I agree with this exactly.

I have three RazoRock handles. I have the Bulldog, the Barber Pole and the HD. The Bulldog is 90mm long, the Barber Pole is 85mm long and the HD is 82mm long. I actually prefer the HD and Barber Pole handles because they are shorter in length. The Bulldog feels a little too long in my hand while the HD and Barber Pole feel very nice. If the Bulldog were around 85mm, my preferred handle length, then I would probably like the Bulldog better than the HD. But I'd probably still prefer the Barber Pole out of the three as I think the knurling is of a higher quality. It just looks nicer and more expensive. The HD is also nice. The knurling is deep and it's heavy and solid in the hand. So, I'd recommend the Barber Pole first, the HD second and the Bulldog third. I don't have any experience with their other handles.

I should add that I absolutely LOVE Bulldog handles. I have two Ikon Bulldogs. 80mm and 85mm. I prefer the 85mm. It's probably my favorite handle of all.

View attachment 1144676
Thanks for showing these options, think I might go with the HD since my grip is pretty high up anyway so no need for a longer handle, now I just have to wait until its back in stock

Thanks for showing these options, think I might go with the HD since my grip is pretty high up anyway so no need for a longer handle, now I just have to wait until its back in stock

Are you sure you don't like the Barber Pole? Of all my handles I'd probably say my absolute favorite is my Ikon Bulldog 85mm. Second is the RazoRock Barber Pole. Third is the RazoRock HD. Fourth is probably my Ikon Bulldog 80mm. Just consider me that little devil sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear. :devil:

Are you sure you don't like the Barber Pole? Of all my handles I'd probably say my absolute favorite is my Ikon Bulldog 85mm. Second is the RazoRock Barber Pole. Third is the RazoRock HD. Fourth is probably my Ikon Bulldog 80mm. Just consider me that little devil sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear. :devil:
😄

Radioknob. I purchased radioknob and feel the balance is awesome, but it’s so uniquely a rr game changer. It’s such a different design.

Bulldog handle. Why? It was only available option :)
All RR handles look functional
Yes I noticed its only available with the Bulldog handle, does Razorock have production issues? Since this razor seems to be hard to get for some time now

Yes I noticed its only available with the Bulldog handle, does Razorock have production issues? Since this razor seems to be hard to get for some time now

Your observation is one that has bothered me as well. I was looking to acquire a particular handle yet the handle alone was showing as "sold out". Yet the same handle was available if you bought the razor head with it. So I decided to email Italian Barber about this issue. I was told that the inventory of handles that go with the razors is seperate from the inventory of handles that can be purchased by themselves. In my mind I was thinking "why can't they just take the handles that are supposed to go with a razor and just send me the handle without the razor?" They made it clear that those two options are handled differently from an inventory control point of view. It was frustrating but I get it. I have found that Italian Barber is very responsive to questions posed in emails and was able to get good answers on timing of availability of items I was interested in but had been out of stock for some time.

Super Knurl for me. Its a great handle and I sometimes borrow it for use with my Muhle R41 head.

The Barber Pole handle is just ok to me. I have a RR Mission on this handle and it's ok but not a firm favourite. I reach for others over this one.

I also recently got a SLOC with the Bulldog handle but I still prefer the Super Knurl. That's one handle that isn't going to get dropped out of soapy hands anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Top Bottom