What's new

Razorock Eco

I went looking for info on the Lupo SS release (I see whispers of this Tuesday, FYI).

The other news I found was this on RR Twitter page. I saw a pic of the prototype somewhere in a Lupo / Switch feed, I think. Looks like production is well under way. The name has changed.. can't recall what it was during prototype phase, but now it's the Eco.

Curious looking.
proxy.php

Maybe it isn't the same then. The one I saw in prototype was a half DE blade razor. Hmm.

Maybe it isn't the same then. The one I saw in prototype was a half DE blade razor. Hmm.
This is the one they had previously posted that would take the 1/2 DE blade. I don't think there was ever a name associated with it until now... The Switch was the DE that had 2 post screws on it to use it as a traditional DE or like a shavette.

Looks like it may use injector blades.
As much as I’d like one, for some reason Joe has stated multiple times it would not be worth it for RR to produce a razor that uses injector blades. Not sure why.
This is the one they had previously posted that would take the 1/2 DE blade. I don't think there was ever a name associated with it until now... The Switch was the DE that had 2 post screws on it to use it as a traditional DE or like a shavette.

+1

A Brass Hawk would be nice.
I don't think RR has ever worked with brass. This is Aluminum, just like the Lupo. My guess is it will likely come out in this brass-esque color, a black color, and a silver tone (same as the Lupo).

I just don't get why they want to sell something like this that probably won't sell very many units, yet they could probably make 1000+ pcs of the SS Hawk and sell them in a couple hours!! Makes no sense to me!!

I just don't get why they want to sell something like this that probably won't sell very many units, yet they could probably make 1000+ pcs of the SS Hawk and sell them in a couple hours!! Makes no sense to me!!
They've been putting out a lot of new razors, as well as experimenting with God knows how many prototypes. If my hunch is correct, everything has been aluminum. I'm guessing (completely made up, could be totally wrong) they own the aluminum equipment and have a reliable cheap source for the materials. Perhaps they either license out or have a higher margin on SS making it a harder profit to turn?

Also, notice we get SS in waves. If they make a .7,they discontinue the .86 (or whatever) version. Then go back again. There has to be some limits / obstacles to their SS manufacturing.

That said, I think their SS Lupo test, which apparently sold out immediately, tells them they need a regular run of it. We might loose runs of all GC and Mambas for a time then.

Again, everything here is conjecture.

I am intrigued by the Eco. I wonder how much it will cost? Any intel on this?

Cant decide if I would buy an Eco or their Hawk. Not sure how either will stack up to say, for example, a Schick Injector.

Cant decide if I would buy an Eco or their Hawk. Not sure how either will stack up to say, for example, a Schick Injector.

Haven’t seen any associated costs yet. I’m imagining the Eco will be quite mild, given the recent releases of the OC GCs.

$29.95 in various colors. According to IG it will be released very soon.

They've been putting out a lot of new razors, as well as experimenting with God knows how many prototypes. If my hunch is correct, everything has been aluminum. I'm guessing (completely made up, could be totally wrong) they own the aluminum equipment and have a reliable cheap source for the materials. Perhaps they either license out or have a higher margin on SS making it a harder profit to turn?

Also, notice we get SS in waves. If they make a .7,they discontinue the .86 (or whatever) version. Then go back again. There has to be some limits / obstacles to their SS manufacturing.

That said, I think their SS Lupo test, which apparently sold out immediately, tells them they need a regular run of it. We might loose runs of all GC and Mambas for a time then.

Again, everything here is conjecture.
They are releasing a few hundred in waves I think.

Is anyone actually excited about this one? It seems like too much effort to want to break or cut DE blades in half just to use with this, and I wont be buying one of those packs of Derby half-blades...
P.S. that wasn’t meant to be a criticism of anyone who is excited about this release, it’s just that to me it seems like an unnecessary progression.

Is anyone actually excited about this one? It seems like too much effort to want to break or cut DE blades in half just to use with this, and I wont be buying one of those packs of Derby half-blades...
P.S. that wasn’t meant to be a criticism of anyone who is excited about this release, it’s just that to me it seems like an unnecessary progression.
Seriously , whipping up a lather with a brush takes far more work , but snapping a DE in half ( something that takes 1 second) is the tipping point for you? lol

Seriously , whipping up a lather with a brush takes far more work , but snapping a DE in half ( something that takes 1 second) is the tipping point for you? lol
That’s valid, I just see it as a ‘what’s the point’ kind of thing when I already have DE razors that will use the same blades and don’t require me to cut/break those blades just to fit this new razor I paid additional money for. It’s not economical in terms of blade use because they will dull out that much quicker being used all one side, so I’m cutting/breaking blades to change them out more often. Yes, these are all fairly minor activities in the grand scheme of things, it just doesn’t seem like a product that offers and upgrade or a solution to something (unless someone does want to use a single edge razor with DE size blades, in which case this is an option).

Also, regardless of how easy it might seem to be to halve a blade, someone will cut themself doing it, mark my words...

That’s valid, I just see it as a ‘what’s the point’ kind of thing when I already have DE razors that will use the same blades and don’t require me to cut/break those blades just to fit this new razor I paid additional money for. It’s not economical in terms of blade use because they will dull out that much quicker being used all one side, so I’m cutting/breaking blades to change them out more often. Yes, these are all fairly minor activities in the grand scheme of things, it just doesn’t seem like a product that offers and upgrade or a solution to something (unless someone does want to use a single edge razor with DE size blades, in which case this is an option).

Also, regardless of how easy it might seem to be to halve a blade, someone will cut themself doing it, mark my words...
Lol, I agree with you... someone is bound to get cut. (...and I'll probably be the unlucky one...yep, most assuredly me)

I personally won't make a choice yet. I'll wait and see how good it is. If it's that easy to snap a razor, and the razor is well loved, I will certainly grab one and snap the occasional blade so I can enjoy the experience. But this definitely is a razor I'll be watching the reviews for, first.

I bet you if you snap it in the wrapper, it’s unlikely.

Top Bottom