What's new

RazoRock Eco and Hawk v3 question

Hi,

given these are SE razors technically, I wanted to ask a question to those who have used it. I was curious about how good these would be at keeping a sharp beard line , similar to a shavette?

I’m looking for something similar to a Bic metal where I could easily determine the blade edge , but without the price of a Blackland Vector ( although I feel like that would give me exactly what I am looking for) but getting the fat chicken for the cheapest price . I do like the idea of a razor that takes half DE blades.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've got both, but I don't have a beard. If all you're going to use it for is keeping a sharp beard line, then I'd go with the Eco. If you wanted a full-on BBS shave, then I'd go with the Hawk V3 (I've got the OC version). The Hawk (as I'm sure you know) takes an AC blade, which is wider, so I think of it as a more difficult "trimmer"....the Eco works fine for me; but I have a lot of different razors and I lean towards the vintage.

I've got both, but I don't have a beard. If all you're going to use it for is keeping a sharp beard line, then I'd go with the Eco. If you wanted a full-on BBS shave, then I'd go with the Hawk V3 (I've got the OC version). The Hawk (as I'm sure you know) takes an AC blade, which is wider, so I think of it as a more difficult "trimmer"....the Eco works fine for me; but I have a lot of different razors and I lean towards the vintage.
I have used a Gillette Tech plenty of times for the beard and it works well , but it’s not quite efficient enough. Hence why I wanted to explore other options.

The eco is a good razor and day to use, should be a good way to sharpen beard lines easily. Keeps my burns straight when I don't do a full shave.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I have used a Gillette Tech plenty of times for the beard and it works well , but it’s not quite efficient enough. Hence why I wanted to explore other options.
Okay, then I really want to +1 @never-stop-learning's comment on trying a vintage Schick injector. As for efficiency, I find the Hawk (V3 OC) to be probably my most efficient razor (or at least in the top 5), and that's out of well over 100 razors.

Top Bottom