What's new

Razorock DLC Lupo

D

dangerousrazor

How does it shave compare with Gamechanger 68 or 84? Any experienced one?

I just snagged one. Finally, lol. Truth be told I'd be perfectly happy with a regular stainless one, but I don't know if they are ever coming out with them. With my luck, they'll be announced tomorrow. Lol.
I have a Mamba 70, and I much prefer the Lupo. Don't have a GC to compare it to.

I've asked Joe if he has plans to release a polished version of the Lupo SS, but he denied it. The DLC isn't so much bothering me as is the fact that the handle isn't easily interchangeable due to it - where do I get a decent handle with a matching colour scheme?

I picked up the dlc on the second release. I love this razor. It’s easy to dial in, very smooth and surprisingly efficient. I always get a great shave with it.
I’d put it in my top five, right along side the ss Karve d/e and Timeless.95. I prefer it to either game changer.
The dlc is great too. It’s actually has some character to it, not a flat matte appearance, almost like a dark antique bronze. I haven’t noticed any drag that bothers me. Also the handle is very comfortable. I think this would be a great razor for 90% of shavers, excluding those who prefer very aggressive/mild razors.

The E-Mail Notification goes by list in accordance with how much product is available IIRC. So if 10 razors are for sale only the first 10 people will get notified.

The E-Mail Notification goes by list in accordance with how much product is available IIRC. So if 10 razors are for sale only the first 10 people will get notified.
This is likely, also annoying though. I love Razorock products and own several but they are one of the worst about keeping supply, especially of razors. Not Wolfman crazy but pretty bad for production goods.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well. You just ruined his post of the decade with logic! Quit that! I wanted to be mad!

Anyone get theirs delivered yet? Mine is due this coming week, and Mrs Galaktus will be wrapping it for Christmas.....so I will have to wait for the experience.

Got mine last week. So far so smooth. Astra SP worked great, Nacet was a dud yet another time. No idea why folks clamour to that blade. Same mystery as the Voskhod to me.

Anyway, Threading isn't as smooth as with the GC or Mamba, possibly due to the DLC. Other than that finely machined razor. Don't care for the handle shape though, would have preferred a super knurled type handle. Razor doesn't clog, angle is easy to find, as I said very smooth.

Next blade to try is the Feather.

Do you have an aluminum Lupo? I was wondering (and hoping) that they shave identical.

I'm not a fan of the stock handle either.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Do you have an aluminum Lupo? I was wondering (and hoping) that they shave identical.

I'm not a fan of the stock handle either.

In my opinion, the Timeless TRH6 Ti, RazoRock Halo Ti or Maggard MR11 handles all work wonderfully with the Aluminum Lupo head.

YMMV

My Stainless DLC Lupo arrived yesterday and I gave it a spin this morning. Very smooth razor! Great blade angle that made for a comfortable and efficient shave. Surprisingly, I really liked the handle as well.

Top Bottom