What's new

RAZOROCK - DEAD SEA

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Its been a while since I have visited this thread and of coarse I have bought a few more soaps along the shaving way of life that are worth mentioning.

Part one "Top 5 great soaps you & I use" Top 5 great soaps you & I use! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/top-5-great-soaps-you-i-use.547033/
Part two "Top 5 Brush soaps Below $10US you & I use"Top 5 brush shave soaps Below $10US, You & I use! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/top-5-brush-shave-soaps-below-10us-you-i-use.547236/

Razorock "The Dead Sea" soap was purchased a few months back and I have to compliment who ever designed the fragrance and soap properties.
I have never smelled a scent quite as unique as this one and to be honest it is one of my favorite scents in a soap. The scent is really worth the purchase by it self if you like to leave it fragrance after using it in your bathroom. This soap has changed the way I like to dispose of my lather after using all my soaps now, I will shave and with the lather that is left over I just leave it in my lathering bowl with it releasing the fragrance about in the bathroom until the next soap change.
Scents are sometimes hard to describe and going to Italian barber they seem to get it fairly close IMO, My impression of the soap is it lathers well and protection is very reasonable and post shave is very reasonable as compared to other soaps that I can gauge from.
The combination of Lemon ,Rosemary, Saffron, Cannabis oil & Sandal wood scents that are part of the formula give it a refreshing relaxing addictive scent that is wonderful to wake up in the morning for my daily shave.

Razorock "Santa Maria del Fiore " Firenze was purchased when they had their moving sale and this is a great soap also(one of my favorite Razorock soaps of all). The lather quality is second to none and the scent is second to none IMO. If you like tobacco, vanilla , amber, with a touch of Eucalyptus with a little Menthol thrown in for the cooling effect(not strong just right) you more than likely will enjoy this soap. I like to leave left over lather from shaving in my lathering bowl to fragrance the bathroom with this tobacco vanilla scent. When this soap comes up for my soap rotation I like it very much that thought, it gives me a smile and the scent is very unique. (It does not over power the room but is very nice to be around is the best way for me to describe my experience.)
What ever you do don't flush the lather down the sink if using a lathering bowl because you are just wasting a great fragrance in the bathroom or shaving den.(do it later when changing soaps)
Razorock recommends to scoop out some soap to a lathering bowl because the soap will last longer and retain its scent strength for both "The Dead Sea" & "Santa Maria del Fiore" instead of loading from the Glass container puck with a wet shave brush.
The packaging of this soap is very interesting and is 1st glass, glass is always best for preserving any products because it is inert. (just don't drop it on your toes because it has some heft.)

RR The Dead sea soap review Samsung (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Its been a while since I have visited this thread and of coarse I have bought a few more soaps along the shaving way of life that are worth mentioning.

Part one "Top 5 great soaps you & I use" Top 5 great soaps you & I use! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/top-5-great-soaps-you-i-use.547033/
Part two "Top 5 Brush soaps Below $10US you & I use"Top 5 brush shave soaps Below $10US, You & I use! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/top-5-brush-shave-soaps-below-10us-you-i-use.547236/

Razorock "The Dead Sea" soap was purchased a few months back and I have to compliment who ever designed the fragrance and soap properties.
I have never smelled a scent quite as unique as this one and to be honest it is one of my favorite scents in a soap. The scent is really worth the purchase by it self if you like to leave it fragrance after using it in your bathroom. This soap has changed the way I like to dispose of my lather after using all my soaps now, I will shave and with the lather that is left over I just leave it in my lathering bowl with it releasing the fragrance about in the bathroom until the next soap change.
Scents are sometimes hard to describe and going to Italian barber they seem to get it fairly close IMO, My impression of the soap is it lathers well and protection is very reasonable and post shave is very reasonable as compared to other soaps that I can gauge from.
The combination of Lemon ,Rosemary, Saffron, Cannabis oil & Sandal wood scents that are part of the formula give it a refreshing relaxing addictive scent that is wonderful to wake up in the morning for my daily shave.

Razorock "Santa Maria del Fiore " Firenze was purchased when they had their moving sale and this is a great soap also(one of my favorite Razorock soaps of all). The lather quality is second to none and the scent is second to none IMO. If you like tobacco, vanilla , amber, with a touch of Eucalyptus with a little Menthol thrown in for the cooling effect(not strong just right) you more than likely will enjoy this soap. I like to leave left over lather from shaving in my lathering bowl to fragrance the bathroom with this tobacco vanilla scent. When this soap comes up for my soap rotation I like it very much that thought, it gives me a smile and the scent is very unique. (It does not over power the room but is very nice to be around is the best way for me to describe my experience.)
What ever you do don't flush the lather down the sink if using a lathering bowl because you are just wasting a great fragrance in the bathroom or shaving den.(do it later when changing soaps)
Razorock recommends to scoop out some soap to a lathering bowl because the soap will last longer and retain its scent strength for both "The Dead Sea" & "Santa Maria del Fiore" instead of loading from the Glass container puck with a wet shave brush.
The packaging of this soap is very interesting and is 1st glass, glass is always best for preserving any products because it is inert. (just don't drop it on your toes because it has some heft.)

Have some great shaves!
Excellent excellent review and report (just like the DE blades). I would love to get some but shipping to my place is just too expensive....
Thanks for sharing..

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I received the Dead Sea AS yesterday and the scent reminds me of the discontinued Burts Bees Bay Rum AS but with a little more citrus.
I cant comment on burts bees but we have similar timing. I just broke out dead sea soap and as from deep storage and have recently used it a handful of times now. Fantastic like i remember. The soap almost lathers itself unlike any other. The lather just jumps off the soap on the brush. Such a joy. The scent is amazing but unfamiliar to anything else i have. And ive been getting compliments around the house after i use it which is very rare

Have some great shaves!
Great chart. Im going to break out Santa maria today. Fantastic stuff clearly top of the RR line. And three cheers for the heavy glass container too

Ron R

I cant comment on burts bees but we have similar timing. I just broke out dead sea soap and as from deep storage and have recently used it a handful of times now. Fantastic like i remember. The soap almost lathers itself unlike any other. The lather just jumps off the soap on the brush. Such a joy. The scent is amazing but unfamiliar to anything else i have. And ive been getting compliments around the house after i use it which is very rare

Great chart. Im going to break out Santa maria today. Fantastic stuff clearly top of the RR line. And three cheers for the heavy glass container too
I really enjoy the Santa Maria del Fiore my self, the lather qualities are just excellent and the scent is one of my favorites. Have a great shave!

I haven't used my Razorock The Dead Sea soap for some time now. I pulled it the other day for eventual use but just had to put it at the head of the que today after taking a look at this resurrected thread. I was reminded what a tremendous scent this soap has when I used it today.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I really enjoy the Santa Maria del Fiore my self, the lather qualities are just excellent and the scent is one of my favorites. Have a great shave!
I used it yesterday
Truly fantastic. I cant pick up tobacco but i love the scent.

Oh my. Just got this soap and AS and have to say that scent is something truly incredible. Although my shave was lacking slickness big time I enjoyed the scent. Maybe needs more water... a lot.

I will give this another go tomorrow. I am surprised how bad lather I got from it at my first try. There was not much of it even I loaded quite some time. And it had no slickness whatsoever and protection of lather was not very good either.

General consensus seems to be that this lathers good but my experience today was quite opposite. We will see what tomorrow brings...

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I will give this another go tomorrow. I am surprised how bad lather I got from it at my first try. There was not much of it even I loaded quite some time. And it had no slickness whatsoever and protection of lather was not very good either.

General consensus seems to be that this lathers good but my experience today was quite opposite. We will see what tomorrow brings...
Sometimes i need at least two attempts dialing something new in. Hopefully it works better for you. Are you going off the puck / jar or using a bowl?

Have some great shaves!
Great review and chart! You should have a thread devoted to your charts alone.

Ron R

Great review and chart! You should have a thread devoted to your charts alone.
Thanks, I'm not the best at explaining & describing, so it is more enjoyable just to do a visual for most part.
As the old saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words, it might be higher for certain interests. :thumbsup:

Now I got it right. Soaked my brush as wet as possible and did use it as wet as possible so my problem yesterday was too little water. Now I got really good and slick lather. Although I did not understand that soap was so soft, I was kinda too aggressive while loading so I got few pieces of soap all over my lather.

And that scent again... oh my this is good stuff. Might have to buy an extra bottle of aftershave just to use as refreshing cologne.

Ron R

Now I got it right. Soaked my brush as wet as possible and did use it as wet as possible so my problem yesterday was too little water. Now I got really good and slick lather. Although I did not understand that soap was so soft, I was kinda too aggressive while loading so I got few pieces of soap all over my lather.

And that scent again... oh my this is good stuff. Might have to buy an extra bottle of aftershave just to use as refreshing cologne.
I'm just curious@Herne why you just would not scoop a almond size amount or less into your lathering bowl and mix it from there, less chance of saturating the main jar with unwanted water that can ruin the main batch of soap.
Have some great shaves!

Just used this yesterday looking for a bright refreshing scent after a long bike ride in the heat.

I haven’t used this in a while, and forgot that it is not as thirsty as my newer artisan soaps. I was able to get some slickness out of it but a poor lather. All my fault. But this and SMDF are the best razorock soaps. Both in scent and performance.

I'm just curious@Herne why you just would not scoop a almond size amount or less into your lathering bowl and mix it from there, less chance of saturating the main jar with unwanted water that can ruin the main batch of soap.
Have some great shaves!

Prefer straight loading from a jar. I suppose, if I let it dry carefully in open jar I do not ruin the main soap. Or is this a different soap compared to others? Has someone ruined RR soaps by loading directly from jar?

Top Bottom