What's new

Razorock DE1 Saftey razor $3.99 at the Italian Barber

I use (and am quite happy with) a Feather Popular DE. I'm waiting on a Merkur 15c, going to try open comb for the first time, but I got an email from the Italian Barber with a special moving sale. Their DE1 was selling for $3.99 and as there was no difference between shipping for one or two, I ordered two. Did I just waste sixteen bucks?

Not a waste, that is one of the better Gillette Tech clones out there. The handle is the weakest link and you can easily put on a better one.

But you can't shave with both at the same time, unless you are ambidextrous and very well-coordinated!
:straight:

Wow, that is a great price. I recently purchased a Merkur 34HD for my daughter's boyfriend. I would have been better to start him off with this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And, in fact, gifts might be what I convert these to--reviews state that the Razorock d1 is a great starter. Nowhere has anyone said it's better than the Feather Popular I use. Though I am intrigued at substituting the handle on one of them...

I got the DE1 yesterday, immediately cut myself attempting to load a blade, but I've done that with my Jagger. Corners, fingers slip while tightening handle... no wonder I swear by the Feather Popular (and its butterfly head). Had my first shave today. It's very good! The shave is forgiving as there's little gap between blade and closed comb. The weight (though slight) is balanced. For everyone who couldn't afford $30 for a Jagger or a Merkur, this is a fantastic choice. I'll still go back to the Popular, but I'll keep at least the DE1 I opened.

Is the original Gillette Tech still a better shave? I can get one at a flea market for twenty bucks...

Top Bottom