What's new

razorock croaps

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Love 'em. Dead Sea is amazing!

Appreciate that they are about $10 less than most.

Plague Doctor and Mudder Effer smell pretty similar, though.

AA

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Another new addition to the Razorock family of soaps recently is the Fresco XXX, I was hesitant to buy thinking how can that be better than the original XXX, but my original XXX was getting low and of course Razorock puts on those no brainer sales and so I bought the both the Fresco XXX & Fresco XXX Soap. The Fresco XXX soap texture is slightly more a thick cream than croap & the Fresco XXX aftershave scent is very similar to the original XXX clean unique scent when it dries down, but it has a little kick of nice menthol coolness in it for those hot summer days that is not over the top like some of these over saturated menthol splashes.
Very impressive and a good way to start the morning off after a shave IMO.

SOTD July 27 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I went all RazoRock this morning with What the Puck black label, 24 mm Hive HD synthetic brush and Lupo .95 OC razor. Smooth sailing through two passes and touch up with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation on the way to a BBS finish.

At less than $5 for the soap, less than $20 for the brush and about $75 for a stainless steel razor this is a lot of "bang for the buck" from RazoRock and Italian Barber.

Australia is kind of a special case with the extra shipping costs and all. In North America, they represent good to very good value soaps. Buy them during one of the big Italian Barber annual sales, and you can get some real bargains.

For example,

Don Marco, 150g size, $2.99 to $3.99
Four-pack of triple milled soaps, 100g size, $8.88 for 400g of soap
Dead Sea or Santa Maria del Fiore, 250g size, $12.99

I don't think you can go wrong with these, but if price is no object, then of course there are going to be better soaps out there. You have to appreciate Razorock is more about good value for the money and pleasing the average customers instead of the most demanding and fickle connoisseurs.
Perhaps I am getting off track as this isn't what the OP asked but I would have to agree with both you and SydneyShaver.
Yes RR has some very nice soap scents (I particularly like Aqua and Santa Maria Del Fiore), their soaps perform quite well and you can pick up some really good bargains.
However all international buyers have to take into consideration the shipping costs.
Canada and Continental US get free shipping which makes RR's products really good as bargains go but International orders have to pay an extra US$20 - $30 (or more) which makes the bargains not much of a bargain and, as SydneyShaver said, you REALLY have to like the product to justify it (and there are people who do). 🙂

Perhaps I am getting off track as this isn't what the OP asked but I would have to agree with both you and SydneyShaver.
Yes RR has some very nice soap scents (I particularly like Aqua and Santa Maria Del Fiore), their soaps perform quite well and you can pick up some really good bargains.
However all international buyers have to take into consideration the shipping costs.
Canada and Continental US get free shipping which makes RR's products really good as bargains go but International orders have to pay an extra US$20 - $30 (or more) which makes the bargains not much of a bargain and, as SydneyShaver said, you REALLY have to like the product to justify it (and there are people who do). 🙂
Well, I don't think I would pay the prices they have to pay, either, so I understand. It's a bargain for us, but not for them, unfortunately. In their shoes, I'd choose something else just from the value for money standpoint.

what are your thoughts on them? underrated or overrated soaps? I personally don't find them in the same league as stirling, barrister & mann, and other soap makers. do you like them or hate them? One thing I really cannot stand about them is that razorock does not use waterproof labels. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but this annoys me when you have other soap makers who use waterproof labels on their soaps in just you wanna know what the ingriedients of the soaps are. Their triple milled soaps also don't use waterproof labels. I find their croaps lather a little bit easier than their triple milled pucks, but I am not a big fan of razorock shave soaps. croap or triple milled soap. They are not bad quality. They just don't wow me like other soap makers.
I think they are above average performance wise. I really like the scents that both Aqua and Santa Maria Del Fiore have though the glass jars need roughing up for grip.
Some people think the scents are what make these soaps so popular, though there are equal opinions that are the complete opposite. I personally hate the scent Dead Sea and Tuscan Oud has but others love it.
The cost is another factor.
The price is fantastic if you live in Canada or ConUS but International buyers have to take into consideration the shipping costs.
I have bought top quality soaps/croaps that are miles ahead of RR in performance for about the same price from elsewhere because they either have free shipping (some conditions can apply) or lower shipping costs.

Another new addition to the Razorock family of soaps recently is the Fresco XXX, I was hesitant to buy thinking how can that be better than the original XXX, but my original XXX was getting low and of course Razorock puts on those no brainer sales and so I bought the both the Fresco XXX & Fresco XXX Soap. The Fresco XXX soap texture is slightly more a thick cream than croap & the Fresco XXX aftershave scent is very similar to the original XXX clean unique scent when it dries down, but it has a little kick of nice menthol coolness in it for those hot summer days that is not over the top like some of these over saturated menthol splashes.
Very impressive and a good way to start the morning off after a shave IMO.

View attachment 1522982
Have some great shaves!

+1. :thumbup1:

For me RazoRock soaps in the tallow-free Super Formula are very top tier performers. My two favorite are Plague Doctor and Santa Maria del Fiore. I truly love both!

@Marco, Do you have any experience with RazoRock's vegan tallow-based soft Italian soaps like The Stallion and XXX?

I only have The [vegan] Dead Sea and like the scent and the performance. I like the SMdF splash and would consider getting the soap as well.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
@Marco, Do you have any experience with RazoRock's vegan tallow-based soft Italian soaps like The Stallion and XXX?

I only have The [vegan] Dead Sea and like the scent and the performance. I like the SMdF splash and would consider getting the soap as well.
No Sir, I've stopped using tallow-based soaps. However, Santa Maria del Fiore (no tallow) is excellent.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Santa Maria del Fiore is outstanding. Still working on my first jar that I bought in 2016. I've probably gotten nearly a hundred shaves from it. Extraordinary from a soft soap. I naively bought a backup in 2017 that sits unopened. I love the matching dopobarba as well, and during a recent Italian Barber sale I picked up a few little nips of the eau de toilette that I'll start using when the summer heat breaks.

The XXX Fresco is a good one too, though the fake Acqua di Parma Colonia scent smells...well, it smells fake.

Santa Maria Del Flore is my favorite soap. Just a small Dollop makes a bowl full of great lather. I also like the heavy glass container.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SLANTemper, Saturday, Sept23rd, 2023.

Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", very nice unique scent that is addictive or very enjoyable + excellent lather qualities. I'm on my second jar of TDS croap soap and the aftershave is just excellent also and similar to the soap scent. Hard to beat the price when they have those excellent sales for "The Dead Sea" or for other great croaps.
SOTD September 23 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom