What's new

Razorock clones?

Am I correct in saying the soaps are pretty much all repackaged "big name" soaps? I've been reading how XXX was ADP and they now make a Castle Forbes clone. I'm just curious to know if anyone has made a chart comparing the RR to the "big name" counterpart. I have heard the regular stuff is almond, so I assume it's Cella? Am I completely off base here?

XXX was the only real experiment, the other soaps in the line are all an incredible value in their own right. I think King Louis is amazing and is in the top of my rotation based on scent compared to all other soaps I use, slightly less on performance compared to XXX and some other but still close.

Karite line = made by Acca Kappa 1869

RR Classic = Fitness for Men. Also marketed as Figaro

S Maria = NOT made by, but an inspired interpretation of SMN

La Famiglia = Tcheon Fung Sing

Artisan Line = supposedly freakishly close to cella

XX = still in production. inspired by castle Forbes and scented in lime, lavender, and adp

Step in if I am wrong (Joe or anyone else), but I believe it's Joe's philosophy to bring some of these higher end style soaps (not commonly offered in North America) with a fraction of the price tag. Great idea if you ask me.

Am I correct in saying the soaps are pretty much all repackaged "big name" soaps? I've been reading how XXX was ADP and they now make a Castle Forbes clone. I'm just curious to know if anyone has made a chart comparing the RR to the "big name" counterpart. I have heard the regular stuff is almond, so I assume it's Cella? Am I completely off base here?

Our goal is simply to offer very high quality products at affordable prices.

A few of our products were/are offered on the market under a different brand (example XXX); some are only offered in Europe.

Some of our products we work with partners like TFS

Sometimes we use other products as inspiration, for example our Artisan line... I love Cella but wanted it in different scent offerings.

Sometimes we do things totally new, like our Aftershave wax, Aftershave lotions etc.

Really, my only motivation is to offer the great products at affordable prices; and, I try to have a little fun with that.

I hope this clarifies things, a little.

Do we know who makes the line that includes Mudder Focker, Bee's Knees, Nervous Wreck, Moroccan Secret, etc.? I have the MFer and the lather is ridiculous.

Our goal is simply to offer very high quality products at affordable prices.

A few of our products were/are offered on the market under a different brand (example XXX); some are only offered in Europe.

Some of our products we work with partners like TFS

Sometimes we use other products as inspiration, for example our Artisan line... I love Cella but wanted it in different scent offerings.

Sometimes we do things totally new, like our Aftershave wax, Aftershave lotions etc.

Really, my only motivation is to offer the great products at affordable prices; and, I try to have a little fun with that.

I hope this clarifies things, a little.

Thanks for the input. It's always great to get the info straight from the source.

When can we expect the XX?

I found Cacao to be similar to Cella to be honest

I agree in regards to scent and performance, but not in regards to the product. Cella is a bit denser, while RR is more on the creamy side of a croap. The other two aspects are spot on though.

Do we know who makes the line that includes Mudder Focker, Bee's Knees, Nervous Wreck, Moroccan Secret, etc.? I have the MFer and the lather is ridiculous.

I love the lather from that line. Would LOVE a product from that line scented like RRXXX.

I agree. I have the Caprician Lemon and R-160 from the Artisan line, and both are amazing shavers.

Top Bottom