What's new

Razorock Chubby Silvertip or Semogue SOC 2 band

I am in the market for a new brush and wanted to get something in badger. I have my eyes on the Razorock chubby model (white plastic handle) or a Semogue SOC. I saw a SOC recently on amazon in Silvertip, but it seems to have disappeared (it was a great price) but see a lot of 2 bands out there.

What are you thoughts and suggestions. I have owned a Plissoft Silvertip which is a nice brush but I PIF'd it as my daily brush has been a Semogue 1305 which is an excellent brush which I prefer over the synthetic. I currently face lather 95% of the time.

I have both of them, and from my experience they're actually quite similar - both I've found to be rather uncomfortably scratchy (or what people who like that sort of thing would call 'nice and scrubby'), and the Semogue was more so, although I haven't used it in a long time. If you preferred a Semogue boar to a Plisson-type synthetic, then I think you'd prefer the Semogue 2-band as it's closer to that sort of thing than the Chubby.

My boar was pretty stiff at first and has now broken in beautifully. I actually got brush burn from the Plissoft which I find weird given how soft it is.

I have both of them, and from my experience they're actually quite similar - both I've found to be rather uncomfortably scratchy (or what people who like that sort of thing would call 'nice and scrubby'), and the Semogue was more so, although I haven't used it in a long time. If you preferred a Semogue boar to a Plisson-type synthetic, then I think you'd prefer the Semogue 2-band as it's closer to that sort of thing than the Chubby.
What do you use as a daily brush(es)?

i have both... I prefer the Semogue, a bit more backbone, seems denser too. I have 2, both from eBay - portugese factory. If you ever find the Semogue Foro, grab it, don't think twice!
Yes, i like 'nice and scrubby'.

i forgot to add, you might want to check Zenith Manchurian, i have 3 and i like them.

What do you use as a daily brush(es)?
Lately I've been using my Stirling 24mm badger a bunch, although my favorite is still my L'Occitane Plisson synth. I'm not much of a fan of scrubbiness at all and am rather fond of softer brushes - the Semogue gave me legit brush burn once or twice, so it put me off to some extent and thus I haven't used it in quite a while. It definitely lathers nicely though, obviously gonna be less lather-hoggy than the Chubby due to its smaller knot size.

May I also suggest Zenith badgers as Razorock badgers are just rebranded Zeniths. Bigger choice of handles, not sure about price though. You can get them from TVB shaving.

I have the Razorock. It's a good brush for the price. However it's such a lather hog that it fell out of my rotation pretty quickly.

Top Bottom