What's new

RazoRock [Boston Tea Party]

Anyone else a fan of this stuff?

It has a very pleasant scent (from green tea), lathers easily, gives a close shave, and leaves the skin feeling great after the shave. I wish I had tried this Artisan Shaving Soap line earlier in my wet shaving journey. It is "croapy" and reminds me of Cella.

I haven't had the chance to try that particular scent, but the performance of that entire "Artisan Series" is very, very good.

The reason it reminds you of Cella is that it essentially IS Cella, just with different (Read: MUCH better) scents.

Yap, just shaved with this one yesterday. BTP is the best scent out of entire RR Artisan line IMHO and the performance is top notch too.

The Artisan series from Raozrock has been in my top 3 ever since they came out. It is really just a matter of choosing a scent you like (my favorite is Chianti Lavender). I haven't found another product that can consistently outperform these products at any price level.

Last edited:
Can anyone compare the Boston Tea Party to Provence Sante Green Tea?

scent wise or performance?

I haven't smelled the RR BTP, but I've used others in the series along with the PSGT and the RR smokes it in every aspect.

I'll happily buy more RR to use in my rotation, but if someone gave me a free puck of PSGT, I'd give it to my girlfriend as a shower soap.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I tried several scents in the artisan line, and my favorite is Mughetto di Bologna.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Artisan Series offers the quality of Cella in the most popular fragrances. I love the Chianti Lavender.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Artisan Series offers the quality of Cella in the most popular fragrances. I love the Chianti Lavender.

That was the first one I tried. It's very nice, but I prefer the Caprician Lemon, Boston Tea Party, Napoleon Violet, and Mughetto di Bologna, as well as the King Louis Lavender, Cumba Cheech, and Don Marco.

Damn, they make a lot of stuff.

:thumbup: LOL

I'm with Marco on this one. I couldn't stand the MdB or Nap Violet so I sold those off. The only reason I haven't tried the Caprician Lemon is because I still have some Arko to kill first.

But Chianti Lavender, Oh My.......:001_wub:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
That was the first one I tried. It's very nice, but I prefer the Caprician Lemon, Boston Tea Party, Napoleon Violet, and Mughetto di Bologna, as well as the King Louis Lavender, Cumba Cheech, and Don Marco.

Jay, I know you're a fan of the "made in Italy". :cool2:

Yap, just shaved with this one yesterday. BTP is the best scent out of entire RR Artisan line IMHO and the performance is top notch too.
Precisely this, because it actually was my soap for yesterday's shave. I LOVE the Boston Tea Party scent. It is not quite as nice as the Provence Sante Green Tea scent-wise, but I think BTP outperforms PSGT in terms of lather.

One of my favorite soaps. One that I will probably replace if I ever get to the bottom of it.

Can anyone compare the Boston Tea Party to Provence Sante Green Tea?

I can, and did. I made a thread about this exact thing, but nobody seemed interested.

To summarize: I like the scent of PSGT better; it's more intense and slightly more pleasant. However, I like the lather of the BTP better; I think it provides me with a smoother shave, better protection, and better glide.

To put a fine point on it: I sold my PSGT. I'll likely replace my BTP when I run out of it.

I haven't had the chance to try that particular scent, but the performance of that entire "Artisan Series" is very, very good.

The reason it reminds you of Cella is that it essentially IS Cella, just with different (Read: MUCH better) scents.

That's right! I noticed the ingredients immediately and how similar they are to Cella. I read the ingredients for everything I use or contemplate using.

Great soap, I'd like to try other scents in the artisan series sometime. I only wish that there were a matching aftershave.

Top Bottom