What's new

RazoRock Black Mamba Review

As far as I understand, the first batch came with an iKon Bamboo handle. The second batch came with the iKon OSS handle. Now, we are back to the Bamboo handle. The business end (the heads) are all the same that I know of.

As far as I understand, the first batch came with an iKon Bamboo handle. The second batch came with the iKon OSS handle. Now, we are back to the Bamboo handle. The business end (the heads) are all the same that I know of.

Ok thanks!!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Here is a Black Mamba. It has a black mouth.

$aggressive-black-mamba.jpg

+1 This is my understanding as well.

+1 This is my understanding as well.
Confirmed. I received my bamboo handle on Monday. I've had a couple of shaves with Gilette yellows and they have been absolutely smooth and irritation free. I do need 3+ passes to get the job done though, so either this is not super efficient or I don't have the angle down. Either way, the Mamba is delightful to shave with.

I usually do 3 passes anyway, but I my feeling is that it is mild and not as efficient. I always get irritation free shaves, but I tend to need a little more touch-ups. I also find myself using pressure sometimes, which I have to watch, especially when switching to a more aggressive razor.

Well I had my first shave with my new mamba and Plissoft brush. Wow!!
I would define it as a mild razor, but it's great!! $
Plus it came with a 5 pack of nacet blades, which I've been wanting to try!!
My most expensive razor to date, but I'm happy with it!!
Great build, comfortable shave, nice look and feel.
A winner in my book!!

The Black Mamba is now in the batter's box and taking some practice swings with a Personna Lab blade. I know that I am in for a treat in tonight's shave...

Received Black Mamba today with Ikon bamboo handle. Very nice workmanship, the blade fits really nicely. I'm looking forward to many excellent shaves.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
It's a mild but very nice shaving razor!!!
Enjoy!!!

Its mild, but i find it very efficient for my face. I can get a nice close shave without nicks, weepers, or irritation. I like it.

My razor of choice is still the DE89 / R89. I started with a 34c, and didnt get myself an EJ DE89 until late in the game... until I already had a couple dozen razors in my arsenal. I know its often touted as a beginner razor, but I seem to get my most comfortable shaves with it. However, it takes a fair amount of work to get a full BBS with the DE89. The Black Mamba pushes the efficiency up quite a few notches from the DE89, without too much sacrifice in comfort. I can get a much closer shave with less shaving effort. I can get a full on BBS with 2 or 3 passes and a little bit of touch up. If variety werent the spice of life, I could easily use the Black Mamba as my only razor.

First shave with the Mamba was good. It's a mid efficiency razor that gave me a shave similar to the Pils. No irritation and almost BBS. The weight, balance and tactile qualities are excellent, and it looks great too. For me this is a good razor (like the Pils) to use when I have a light growth and want to be able to shave the next day. If I use the Wolfman or BBS-1 with light growth there is almost nothing to shave off the next day!
If this coating is as rugged as purported than this will make an excellent travel razor.
I posted a photo in SOTD.

Top Bottom