What's new

RazoRock Black Hawk - V2

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Received my new RazoRock Black Hawk - V2 Single Edge razor earlier this week. Soaked it in Isopropynol followed by Barbicide for a bit - just in case.

Promptly got busy doing the comparison between the new Replitech and my mid-1950s Gillette #24 Ball End Tech (I prefer the Gillette) and ended up getting to the RR Black Hawk - V2 tonight.

Holy Cow! This is a really nice razor capable of outstanding performance.

Here are the details:

Shave 20191108

Prep: Washed face with Neutrogena
Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush: Mr. Fine Stout, 26mm 'Angel Hair' Synthetic
Bowl: Timeless Blue
Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk - V2
Blade: Feather AC (3)
Post-shave1: Crystal Thai Alum Stick
Post-shave2: Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel plus Organic Moroccan Rose Water (3:1 ratio)
Aftershave Balm: CeraVe
Cologne: Kolonia 1800 Vetiver deCrusellas EdC

Tried a simple two pass shave, WTG and ATG. Definitely SAS/CCS territory. Added an XTG over my whole face and then another halfway XTG/ATG to clean up my neck. Wow!

Really nice shave - wife approved.

DFS++/BBS. One very minor weeper under my nose. Minor irritation.

9+/10

Post Script:

After my face relaxed after the shave, the result is much closer to BBS than DFS. I'm talking pretty darn smooooth.

The BHv2 is really manageable and maneuverable. I rode the cap and it just glided over my face.

I like this razor - an outstanding way to further my SE razor education.

YMMV

I've got mine for almost a month now and I also love it. It's my first SE safety razor. Should receive my 2nd one soon (ATT Calypso SE1). But which blade did you use, because Feather has multiple AC blades (Feather Professional, Feather Professional Super, Feather ProGuard etc). I use Schick Proline P-30 blades in my Hawk, but I've also ordered some Feather Professional, Feather Professional Super, Feather ProGuard and Feather SoftGuard blades (2 blades of each).

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've got mine for almost a month now and I also love it. It's my first SE safety razor. Should receive my 2nd one soon (ATT Calypso SE1). But which blade did you use, because Feather has multiple AC blades (Feather Professional, Feather Professional Super, Feather ProGuard etc). I use Schick Proline P-30 blades in my Hawk, but I've also ordered some Feather Professional, Feather Professional Super, Feather ProGuard and Feather SoftGuard blades (2 blades of each).

Just using the Feather Professional. Will be trying the Kai Protouch when the Feather is done.

Screenshot_20191109_163811.jpg

The RR-Hawk V2 really shines if you install a better handle. Mine was ordered in Satin Silver so as to..somewhat.. match my Stork Titanium Handle. I think it looks really nice. The grip is amazing! And the Feather Professional Blades (especially the SUPER 0.310mm) are about as sharp a blade as you can find sold on the market today. These blades (the supers) are available on eBay for $22US for 100 from Japan and I can get 10 decent shaves from each blade. I'm looking at the SUPER's edge after each 4 pass shave using my 12x Jeweller's loupe and I must say the edge on the Feather SUPER is in much better condition then any DE blade I've used after a 3rd shave (which is when I usually bin a DE blade). Remember the AC Light Blades will NOT work in the Hawk. All other AC blades will work. Also Kai Captain Pink and Mild. Not sure about Schick P30. Of course YMMV.
RR-Hawk:Caribbian Holiday:Feather SUPER.jpg

Last edited:
The RR-Hawk V2 really shines if you install a better handle. Mine was ordered in Satin Silver so as to..somewhat.. match my Stork Titanium Handle. I think it looks really nice. The grip is amazing! And the Feather Professional Blades (especially the SUPER) are about as sharp a blade as you can find sold on the market today. These blades (the supers) are available on eBay for $22US for 100 from Japan and I can get 10 decent shaves from each blade. I'm looking at the SUPER's edge after each shave using my 12x Jeweller's loupe and I must say the edge on the Feather SUPER is in much better condition then any DE blade I've used after a 3rd shave (which is when I usually bin a DE blade). Remember the AC Light Blades will NOT work in the Hawk. All other AC blades will work. Also Kai Captain Pink and Mild. Not sure about Schick P30. Of course YMMV.
View attachment 1033632
Schick Proline P-30 blades work fine in the RazoRock Hawk V2 and they are great blades in my opinion. It's the only blade I've used in my Hawk so far.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The RR-Hawk V2 really shines if you install a better handle. Mine was ordered in Satin Silver so as to..somewhat.. match my Stork Titanium Handle. I think it looks really nice. The grip is amazing! And the Feather Professional Blades (especially the SUPER 0.310mm) are about as sharp a blade as you can find sold on the market today. These blades (the supers) are available on eBay for $22US for 100 from Japan and I can get 10 decent shaves from each blade. I'm looking at the SUPER's edge after each 4 pass shave using my 12x Jeweller's loupe and I must say the edge on the Feather SUPER is in much better condition then any DE blade I've used after a 3rd shave (which is when I usually bin a DE blade). Remember the AC Light Blades will NOT work in the Hawk. All other AC blades will work. Also Kai Captain Pink and Mild. Not sure about Schick P30. Of course YMMV.
View attachment 1033632
Schick Proline P-30 blades work fine in the RazoRock Hawk V2 and they are great blades in my opinion. It's the only blade I've used in my Hawk so far.
Thank you both very much.

Great feedback and suggestions.

I find the Feather Super blades unnecessary. The Feather Pros are just as sharp. The Schick Prolines are little smoother than the Feathers IMO.

Thank you both very much.

Both have been ordered.

I am also interested in RR Hawk, but have a silly question.
To the best of my knowledge, RR Hawk cannot be disassembled.
How could I load blades?
Thank you.

I am also interested in RR Hawk, but have a silly question.
To the best of my knowledge, RR Hawk cannot be disassembled.
How could I load blades?
Thank you.
I'm at work so I can't show you pictures, but the Hawk is a three piece razor: cap, bottom plate and handle. The handle is not centered as with a double edge razor, but otherwise it is assembled and disassembled just like a conventional three piece double edged razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm at work so I can't show you pictures, but the Hawk is a three piece razor: cap, bottom plate and handle. The handle is not centered as with a double edge razor, but otherwise it is assembled and disassembled just like a conventional three piece double edged razor.
^^^This^^^ :)

From the Italian Barber website:

Hawk 3piece.jpg

To be totally correct, it's actually a 4 piece razor. The knob at the bottom of the handle can be screwed off for those who prefer a shorter handle or if you want to place it in a stand.

I switched out the handle on mine. I have found that the handle makes a big difference. I use Schick Proline P-30 blades in my Hawk although I have some Feathers I use just to change things up but seem to always come back to the Proline.

I like to: (i) unscrew the bottom piece; (ii) attach it to the top; and (iii) flip the handle -- to provide an indented "grip surface" at the bottom end of the handle for certain grips.