What's new

RazoRock Black Hawk - V2

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I switched out the handle on mine. I have found that the handle makes a big difference. I use Schick Proline P-30 blades in my Hawk although I have some Feathers I use just to change things up but seem to always come back to the Proline.
I am pondering whether to use the Maggard MR11 Stainless (a definite favorite) or one of the Titanium handles in residence.

Guess I'll end up trying a shave with each handle and take it from there.

Personally I'm not a big fan of using other metals on aluminum because aluminum isn't as strong/hard as titanium or stainless steel and because of that you can strip the threads on the aluminum top cap if you're not careful.

I tried the Razorock Hawk V1 for couple weeks and it's a wonderful razor. Medium aggression and plenty efficient for my skin. No irritation at all but just smooth shaves. I think V1 is pretty much the same as V2 except for cosmetic differences. I also have V2 that I'm waiting to use.

The Hawk feels a lot better than vintage SEs. I tried a vintage Schick Eversharp with Ted Pellas blades and it was okay. It felt a bit rough at times and I did not enjoy it as much as the Hawk. Also, I have a Gem Featherweight waiting to use so that'll be an interesting experience too.

I have the Hawk V2 in electric blue and I love it.

Hawk_MW.jpg

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
Ok tried my new Hawk V2 today used some Oleo Bonaire from the soap pass around that I'm in. Nice soap but the razor was excellent , soothe and easy to navigate . Used a Feather pro which I like and use in my Schick E2
only now I don't have to cut then down.For a first shave I like it, tomorrow I'll try it with my favorite Grooming Dept soap should be great .

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Ok tried my new Hawk V2 today used some Oleo Bonaire from the soap pass around that I'm in. Nice soap but the razor was excellent , soothe and easy to navigate . Used a Feather pro which I like and use in my Schick E2
only now I don't have to cut then down.For a first shave I like it, tomorrow I'll try it with my favorite Grooming Dept soap should be great .

Glad to hear that you like the RR Hawk V2. Really nice razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shaved with the RazoRock Black Hawk V2 on a Maggard MR11 handle today. Blade was a Feather Professional.

The RR Hawk V2 now occupies the 'Top Spot' in my Artist Club blade razors, moving ahead of the ATT SE1 Aluminum and the Occam's Razor.

In my opinion, this razor is a heck of a bargain for the price. Also in my opinion, the Hawk V2 benefits greatly from using a different handle. The Maggard MR11 works fine ($10 at Maggards if you are okay with a blue handle). I think, though, that one of the Ti handles could be an even better match (for a lot more money than the MR11).

Today's shave:

Shave 20191203

shave 20191203.jpg

Prep/Pre-shave: Neutrogena wash, apply Cremo
Brush: OMEGA 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Soap: Speick Shave Stick
Bowl: Timeless Blue (to 'dip the tips')
Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk V2, Maggard MR11 Handle
Blade: Feather AC (5)
Post-shave: Crystal Alum Stick, Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave Balm: CeraVe Cream
Aftershave: Speick

WTG, ATG plus buffing and XTG touch--up.

DFS with one weeper, no nicks, cuts or irritation.

9+/10

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
shave 2 with mine , great shave but I might look into another handle the razor does seem a bit light. I have a few to choose from so it time to play

On another thread about the Hawk V2, a few guys have said they now use the Hawk as their go-to razor even though they have several other Artist Club type razors.
I too have joined the club. The Hawk V2 is my go-to razor now. Anyone else use the Hawk as their go-to razor?

Hawk_LaToja.JPG

I just ordered a MR11 stainless steel black handle from Maggards. I want to add a little weight to the razor.
It should go alright with my blue head.

MR11.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have all four (4) of these. [[I have everything else, too.]]

Some of our people are just too "picky". These V2's don't need a different handle. These are great razors -- that I use more than any of the others.

I have the Hawk in electric blue which is just fine but I wanted to try a different handle to add some weight and something more grippy. So I got a black Maggards MR-11 handle. I will try it tonight.

Hawk_8.JPG

Top Bottom