What's new

Razorock Black Hawk v2 versus G37?

Hello fellow shavers. How much more/less efficient and smooth is a Razorock Black Hawk v2 compared to their German 37 slant? I am thinking of using it for head shaving, as well as, for shaving my face.

Can't believe this has not received a reply. Answer is no comparison. The V2 is much more efficient. I don't head save but I find with Kai Pinks it is very smooth too.

Can't believe this has not received a reply. Answer is no comparison. The V2 is much more efficient. I don't head save but I find with Kai Pinks it is very smooth too.
I, unfortunately, had the opposite experience. I could just not get a smooth shave from it. Maybe it was my technique, but the G37 just kicked its butt in most aspects for me.

I have the v3 and the Merkur 37c, which the G37 is based on. It would be hard for any razor to be as smooth as a slant but I found that the slant really shines when I have over three days of growth. It really loves a bit of extra beard to slice through.

If you haven't used a lighter SE like a Featherweight or Push Button you will probably need a few shaves on it to really understand the angle and technique. It should get better as you go.

One note, I saw someone on a comment about a MMOC that you should shave the lather, not the face, and touch lightly and I think that's probably the best advice I could recommend here. The razor will be at a shallower angle than a DE, with the cap closer to the face, and a light touch is all you'll ever need.

Top Bottom