What's new

Razorock BBS

Hi

Received my BBS yesterday and had my first shave.

Firstly the build quality and finish. If anything it is better finished and fitted than my GC, the overall feel is more premium I would suggest. It just has a lovely weight and feel. If anything, the standard RR handle is not up to the same level of the head but that is easily fixed. I will swap it out for a custom polished titanium and see how it goes.

As for the first shave, very interesting! Loaded with a new Personna Lab Blue, at first I couldn't feel anything whatsoever, but it was cutting efficiently for sure. It seems to have a narrow window for attack and if you stay in that zone then it certainly delivers the most comfortable and easy shave that I have experienced to date.

I got a 3 pass BBS without any irritation or drama. Against the grain it is superior to anything else I have tried.

Admittedly, not the most exciting shave ever, lacking in blade feel and feedback etc, but it is a very very good tool when you just want an ultra comforting close shave and not have to worry too much about things.

I am looking forward to using it more for sure.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Firstly the build quality and finish. If anything it is better finished and fitted than my GC, the overall feel is more premium I would suggest. It just has a lovely weight and feel. If anything, the standard RR handle is not up to the same level of the head but that is easily fixed. I will swap it out for a custom polished titanium and see how it goes.
Where are the pictures; no pictures = did'nt happen.

Not the best picture!
proxy.php

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I can echo your thoughts on the BBS. Hardly any blade feel but very efficient with the right blade. My only complaint was the shape of the top cap. The super amount of bend in the blade leads to the shave characteristics, but the down side is that its a bit more difficult to maneuver under the nose and stuff. If those aren’t problem areas for you, this is a way underrated razor.

Against the grain it is superior to anything else I have tried.

What else is in this comparison, for the sake of interest?

My Mamba 70 is, for me, superior to anything else I've had on the ATG pass (more efficient than the earlier Mamba, smoother than the ATT M1 or Rockwell on any plate).

I haven't tried the BBS, but I'm curious - as with other hobbies, I feel like there's a personality to tools designed by a particular craftsman... In the sense that I've often tended to like either most or very little of what a particular maker puts out - that their preferences show through and either match my own or don't.
Razorocks Mamba, Mamba 60 and GC64 have all been to my taste (although I kept the mambas and sold on the GC), so I'd expect to like the BBS - the only question is whether I can (or should) resist the urge.

Used to have a BBS .
Built like a tank.
Better machined than the Mambas .

Works great with short handles,
like the HD .
True ,regarding the ATG pass is the smoothest razor I’ve tried,so far.
But I preferred the GC 0.84-P sb & oc versions and after an unsuccessful BST ,my wife got it
for the few hairs that survived laser treatment on her legs and
her armits .She tried a DE safety razor for the first time .
She was actually amazed from the smoothness and the efficiency and the not “clogging”
feature of the BBS.
-“No honey , there’s no need to bang the razor on the tub .It doesn’t clog like the multiblades you’re used to and it’s rock-solid made from stainless steel .
You will damage the tub,honey!”

Told her to keep it .
“I ‘ve a feeling honey that as you age you gonna need it for your face ,too” ...
“It’s just the nature’s reward ,honey,to all you mediterranean women ,for being such great workers,mothers and wives:
A nice beard ,as you age ! “,
said to her while holding the shiny BBS in front of her face.

She laughed at me ,saying “yeah,you wish dear!”
Then,grabbed the BBS and left with it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Used to have a BBS .
Built like a tank.
Better machined than the Mambas .

Works great with short handles,
like the HD .
True ,regarding the ATG pass is the smoothest razor I’ve tried,so far.
But I preferred the GC 0.84-P sb & oc versions and after an unsuccessful BST ,my wife got it
for the few hairs that survived laser treatment on her legs and
her armits .She tried a DE safety razor for the first time .
She was actually amazed from the smoothness and the efficiency and the not “clogging”
feature of the BBS.
-“No honey , there’s no need to bang the razor on the tub .It doesn’t clog like the multiblades you’re used to and it’s rock-solid made from stainless steel .
You will damage the tub,honey!”

Told her to keep it .
“I ‘ve a feeling honey that as you age you gonna need it for your face ,too” ...
“It’s just the nature’s reward ,honey,to all you mediterranean women ,for being such great workers,mothers and wives:
A nice beard ,as you age ! “

She laughed at me ,saying “yeah,you wish dear!”
She grabbed the BBS and left with it.
Lol
How long have you been staying at your friends house btw?
😂

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The cap is a little thicker than a post-war Tech (I don’t have other Techs), but it’s more curved. Upper lip stubble can’t hide from the BBS.

Top Bottom