What's new

Razorock BBS Thoughts?

I will be shaving for the second time with mine tomorrow. I’ll need to get a few more shaves under my belt before I make a final decision but so far I love it. It’s a very smooth shave with little to no blade feel and IMO has a very natural shave angle if that makes sense. As others have said.... it’s great when doing ATG passes.

Mine is a good razor that is mild and very smooth. I really like it but ....

I find that I prefer a little more efficiency.

It can be used for a very fast and low effort shave and yield great results. I don’t know what you’d have to do to cut yourself with it.

4B4D6D73-C428-4A3E-80CC-2DAEBAB11CB3.jpeg

I have a Razorock BBS on its way to me. I notice that I don’t hear and see a lot about those in this forum.

Thoughts on them?

Use the search key top far right. There’s plenty here. These two threads Below have good info on the BBS-SS

A very smooth, mild, and easy shaving razor. High quality manufacturing. I use it when I want to give my face a day to recover, but I don't want to go a day without shaving. Very natural shave angle, as was noted above, and that is a bonus. Good knurling on the handle too.

Good razor. Shaves pretty similarly to the mamba 70. I’m using mine tomorrow since I need to let some irritation on my neck heal a bit.

A tad too mild for me I only shave 2/3 times a week and needed something a bit more efficient so I opted for the GC 0.84 and Rockwell 6C, but for daily shaves I guess the bbs is a nice option

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Use the search key top far right. There’s plenty here. These two threads Below have good info on the BBS-SS

+1 :)

I have one on loan. Not very impressed with the shave. A bit mild for my liking. I will try a Kai to see if that improves it for me.

I much prefer to be able to feel what the blade is doing.

I have one on loan. Not very impressed with the shave. A bit mild for my liking. I will try a Kai to see if that improves it for me.

I much prefer to be able to feel what the blade is doing.
Well that’s bummer news.

I tried a Feather in mine and woohoo did it transform it. The trouble is though:

1-Feathers and I typically don’t get along and I ended up cutting this little scar on my cheek completely off, not kidding.

2-I had irritation from having to buff with the super sharp blade due to the mild efficiency

It makes a great daily in that it requires no special handling but it is just not a favorite. I do actually like it more than my GC68 with either the SB or JAWS.

The BBS for me likes Astra SP and Shark Platinums.

I really like mine, but I've got a lot of really good razors and, if I could, I would shave with all of them every day. But I can only use one

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I really like mine, but I've got a lot of really good razors and, if I could, I would shave with all of them every day. But I can only use one

I am in the same boat. The BBS is a great razor. And if I didnt have an arsenal of Wolfman, Charcoal Goods, Timeless, and other high end razors, i would be using the BBS all the time. So my fear is that it will just sit on the shelf and only make a casual appearance every now and again. I am keeping it though. It is a great shaver, and deserves a place in the secondary rotation lineup with its Game Changer and Wunderbar brethren.

I just used mine two days In a row. I kind of love it. I too have an Arsenal of timeless, blackland, charcoal goods, etc. this is a nice change of pace.

I love mine. It is not as efficient as my Ti 0.95 or Blackbird but its ease of use off-sets that. I can still get a really good shave without requiring that much focus. It also lets me push the # of passes with the razor till I am satisfied and still get a relatively irritation free shave.

It is very good bang for the buck.

Just wanted to put in some final thoughts on the BBS-SS from Razorock. I have probably had about a dozen shaves with it and have never given myself a bad shave. Smooth, efficient and easy on the face & neck. My Misses has used it a few times and finds it extremely smooth and excellent for her leg shaves and other shave areas. Quality & fitment is, well, as you can see here, other threads and across multiple forums from posts via other users is it’s simply superb. If you like an R41, Timeless .95, Ikon Tech and others that are similar and above those in shave feel & performance because you have hair that rivals the extinct Wooly Mammoth or a close match between Sasquatch & Neanderthal Man, stop reading right here and close this thread. This is NOT the razor for you. I suggest you put your big boy pants on and acquire a wedge, 15/16“ and up. Trust me, you’ll thank me later. But, for the rest of you (us) that is the far majority and have come from the progression of Cro-Magnon Man (hence the evolution of our species today if you believe in the theory of evolution, in which I don’t but, just sayin’) the RR BBS-SS will deliver comfortable, smooth and efficient feeling shaves for daily or 2-3 days growth. For those that grow facial hair slowly and shave once or twice a week this creation fits the bill perfectly. Easy to use and maneuver with a price tag that is hard to match in the CNC-Machined world of artisan produced razors. From shave newb to grizzled shave vet, the BBS-SS is the complete package of a mild razor with more than enough blade feel efficiency to tackle stubble on a daily basis without the fear of tearing up that gorgeous and finely chiseled mug of yours that your Mammy & Pappy gave you at birth. It’s an impressive tool to say the least and one of the many impressive whisker whackers in the Razorock stable.

Win, win if you ask me....

60D08250-B9D2-4ECB-A40F-98F8C0FCD13E.jpeg

Top Bottom