What's new

RazoRock BBS Regular on hard dense stubble and sensitive skin – thumbs up!

My stubble is hard, thick and dense. Skin is sensitive.

After two shaves, I must say I'm very impressed.

1st shave - Cold water shave​

Just 2 passes
1st pass WTG – not very efficient but that is to be expected.
2nd pass ATG – I skipped XTG and went for ATG – wow. I skipped ATG on my chin, but except that very close to BBS. Close to BBS because some of the stubble grows almost in parallel to the skin and I didn't feel taking some skin off.

I noticed that while other razor “skip” on the stubble while going ATG (as I apply minimum pressure), this razor barley does that.

The next day I skipped shaving.

My 2nd shave was a warm shave with 3 passes – WTG,XTG,ATG.​

I also tried the AS base plate I had bought. I found that for my skin and stubble I prefer the regular.

This time I went ATG on the chin. It managed to clean chin stubble better than I was ever able to.

In conclusion:The product is well suited for daily use on thick dense stubble and sensitive skin.
Hopefully this post will help men with my kind of problem.

Blades used: Personna Viking's Sword. I will test Feathers once I get them and update this thread.

Soap: Arko.

Last edited:
I have read a number of reviews here and elsewhere and it seems that the A plate is the happy middle. I am impressed that it cleared chin stubble with the standard plate, I have problems with very steep razor's handle hitting my neck trying to get that area. That is why I have been holding off trying it myself. Glad to hear you found something that works for you!

I received the BBS OC last week. Used it 3 times and was surprised how effective it is. The shave does not last as long as my more aggressive razors but still close and smooth. I need more time with it and I am sure the shaves will improve. I bought it on a whim to see what it is like. It's a keeper, fun to use.

Do someone know if the aluminum BBS is the same aggressiveness with <standard> stainless?
I like my aluminum with Perma Sharp.

I got Feathers today.
First time I'm using them. Been using the same blades (persona viking sword) since I switched to DE 9 years ago.
Went great with the RR BBS, I was expecting a blood bath, but it was very good.
In WTG it was so efficient it easily took out hairs that the persona viking sword couldn't, not with another pass (WTG or XTG).
Even did ATG.
A Good combination in my book.

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I recently picked up a BBS-OC. I quite like it, for a plain DE. Heck, only plain DE in the Lather Pit! It's mild, for sure, but I found that not to be a problem. While I could hit BBS with it I generally quit at DFS, which in itself didn't take much work with the BBS-OC. Definitely keeping that one around.

O.H.

Top Bottom